Shogun NOT fighting in Canada, likely May/June return

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Shogun NOT fighting in Canada, likely May/June return
CornishMMA
2/1/08 10:49:02AM
When the UFC makes its Canadian debut on Saturday, April 19 at the Bell Centre in Montreal, Mauricio “Shogun” Rua will not be a part of the roster. Rua – who is recovering from surgery last October to repair a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his knee -- told the media in recent weeks that he was eyeing a fight in April, but the former PRIDE Fighting Championships Middleweight Grand Prix Champion will likely return to the Octagon in May or June.

“We wanted it, but the UFC didn't have a spot available in April,” said a member of Rua’s camp. “They already have an opponent for him in June, although we were trying to have a fight in May.”

LINK
CiaoBaby
2/1/08 10:53:10AM
This makes even more sense now for Shogun Chuck!
RMFG_187
2/17/08 11:44:19PM
I was pissed when i heard this. seeing Shogun in canada would ve been crazy!
ThaAxeMurderer7
2/18/08 5:57:13PM
It's most likely going to be the June card. How awesome will that card be? Shogun vs. Chuch and also rumored on the card will be Brock Lesnar, Brandon Vera, and Marcus Davis. I say put Lesnar and Vera against each other and throw in Wandy vs. Jardine and you have one hell of a fight card!
MMAcca
2/19/08 1:39:20AM
So he wants to fight in April and again in June ?

War Shogun!!