Shogun: ''Coleman Is Two-Faced''

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Shogun: ''Coleman Is Two-Faced''
MMAcca
10/3/08 11:07:48PM
Mauricio ‘Shogun’ Rua has a score to settle when he gets his long-awaited rematch with Mark Coleman at UFC 93.

In a recent interview with Fighters Only, Shogun stated that he is back to full fitness and ready for the fight, which he has wanted ever since their PRIDE showdown was halted when Shogun broke his arm during a fall to the mat.

“I've wanted to fight Coleman for a long time, but he kept running away from me,” the light-heavyweight said.

He then revealed that there is a personal element to the fight, which stems from their previous encounter.

“Mark Coleman is two-faced. When I broke my arm whilst falling during our previous fight, he was very nice to my face.

LINK
postman
10/3/08 11:22:16PM
Payback is going to be a bitch for coleman!
TimW001
10/3/08 11:22:46PM
Best of luck to this man. I hope he gets back on track. I remember when everyone was his #1 fan and he was up there on the P4P list.
MALICE
10/4/08 12:04:39AM
This fight is going to interesting. Rua has been injured, and has not fought in over a year. Coleman has been injured and has not fought in over two years, AND is 44 years old. It will be nice to see old man Coleman fight, but I think Rua takes it.
crushedbacon
10/4/08 12:17:14AM
I really hope Shogun's knee has recovered 100% or very close to it. I also hope he realizes how much MMA has evolved over the last couple years and comes in thoroughly prepared. His conditioning needs to resemble the old Pride gas tank Shogun used to bring. It seems like Shogun has fell under the radar, which is understandable.... BUT he could be the biggest sleeper in MMA right now especially to the North American TUFers that are unfamiliar.
Chuteboxer
10/4/08 10:55:37AM
I think what bothers about people forgetting about Shogun is that the man who beat is is currently the UFC LHW champion of the world right now...so perhaps it wasn't as big a loss as everyone views it.
tberg420
10/4/08 11:01:24AM

Posted by crushedbacon

I really hope Shogun's knee has recovered 100% or very close to it. I also hope he realizes how much MMA has evolved over the last couple years and comes in thoroughly prepared. His conditioning needs to resemble the old Pride gas tank Shogun used to bring. It seems like Shogun has fell under the radar, which is understandable.... BUT he could be the biggest sleeper in MMA right now especially to the North American TUFers that are unfamiliar.

While I really like Shogun, I get really tired of hearing "hardcore" MMA'ers talk about how TUF fans aren't loyal enough or good enough to know about MMA in general. I think that you should change that last sentence to...Most North American TUFers are only familiar with seeing Forrest Griffin (World TUF Champion) completely dominate the biggest sleeper in MMA.
crushedbacon
10/4/08 12:18:57PM
Yeah I got tons of respect for Griffin, he's the type of MMA evolution I'm talking about. I totally agree he dominated Shogun, and I was completely devastated. But, I dont think that would happen if Shogun covers all his bases coming into the fight (in terms of cardio, specific gameplan etc.). That was the point I was trying to make. I think Shogun has a skill set and a creativity that is on another level than almost all LHW except for Machida.
But for right now Griffin is the blue collar balls out champ.I still think he should have got the decision in the Ortiz fight, Jardine is the kinda guy that can do that to somebody I guess....lol. But he didnt beat Rampage.
bls1919
10/4/08 1:39:15PM
Rua should be able to out work Coleman. I Am going with Rua 2nd rd sub
tarantula
10/4/08 5:48:13PM
Good luck Shogun, kick his ass !!!
saemskin
10/4/08 7:07:14PM
I can't wait to see what the odds on this fight will be. Is there anyone here who thinks Coleman can take this?

You will have to bet 1000$ on Shogun to get a 1$ return
jgtribbett
10/5/08 12:18:53AM
payback for coleman being an ass
Boo_Radley21
10/5/08 1:47:00PM
Is Coleman cutting down to 205 for this fight?
Ben_Hutch
10/5/08 2:11:11PM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Don't know but hopefully he'll be cutting down on the roids!
MMAcca
10/5/08 3:20:46PM

Posted by Ben_Hutch

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Don't know but hopefully he'll be cutting down on the roids!

Yes it's at 205, no way can Rua fight at HW (i think he could make MW though).
ziegler3334
10/5/08 4:00:22PM
Rua can definitly be considered a sleeper in the LHW devision. He hasn't been in a fight for a long time, which was a poor performance. That being said, he's still young. So there is no reason why he shouldn't be able to rehab and get back into peak shape. I think that he'll be on his way back up the rankings soon, starting with coleman.

Rua, 2nd rd, sub (assisted by father time)