Shogun vs Chuck liddell!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Shogun vs Chuck liddell!
Next Page »
PunishmentFan
1/18/09 4:10:35PM
april 18th if you dont believe me check dana whites new blog for sat i hope chuck liddell is all over him for the bad fight he made us watch

Chuck liddell 1st round 2 min tko or ko
casey64
1/18/09 4:18:07PM
In the news forum.
mkiv9secsupra
1/18/09 4:42:47PM
If it was the same shogun from pride that showed up id pick him at this point but this new shogun with no cardio isn't anywhere near the top 10 lhws. Chuck by tko in the second round.
Pookie
1/18/09 5:15:05PM
No headmovement = Death against Chuck
warglory
1/18/09 5:36:00PM
If Shogun of late shows up, Chuck will win by any way he wants.
PunishmentFan
1/18/09 5:47:02PM

Posted by casey64

In the news forum.

sorry didnt know i just know this forum lol very sorry.
cmill21
1/18/09 5:52:26PM

Posted by Pookie

Absolutly no ability to check a kick = death against Shogun
SpiderSilva
1/18/09 5:55:04PM
Shoguns leg kicks will chop chuck down like a tree!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mkiv9secsupra
1/18/09 6:52:27PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

Shoguns leg kicks will chop chuck down like a tree!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Assuming he doesn't gas 4 minutes into the first round like he has his past two fights...
casey64
1/18/09 6:59:51PM

Posted by PunishmentFan

Posted by casey64

In the news forum.

sorry didnt know i just know this forum lol very sorry.

Its fine man.
SpiderSilva
1/18/09 7:46:13PM
also Assuming he doesn't KO chuck with a head kick or with a punch
CwB
1/19/09 5:25:34AM
the sunday Las Vegas review journal reported that shogun and chuck are set to fight...

i hope shogun works a little more on his cardio

if he does it will be a great fight
motorboatensob
1/19/09 2:23:54PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by Pookie

He couldn't even knock out a 44 year old gassed Colman. Shogun doesn't have great boxing that would pick a part Chuck. Chuck will set back wait for him to shoot in and blast him tile he goes to sleep.
mrsmiley
1/19/09 3:06:43PM
Brazilians have a very bad track record with Liddell.

Vitor,Pele,Wandy,Bustamante,Babalu x2.
Can Shogun break the streak?
Maybe 4-5 years ago.I say Liddell takes it now though.
SpiderSilva
1/19/09 5:52:43PM
I used to think that same way but I just don't think Cuck has it anymore. I used to be the one saying Chuck would win but ehhh. I now think Chuck will lose I might be worng but right now I would rather see shogun go on a winning streak cause for some reason I think Dana is trying to find ways to get Chuck a title shot and this is an easy way for Chuck to beat Shogun.
RhythmAndStyle
1/19/09 6:13:26PM
this is not a good match up for Shogun..as of right now..Liddell been in fightin form..and Shogun just got of some injuries and didn't do too good against Coleman..Dana should of waited to pair them up against one another..the only way I see Shogun winnin is by leg kicks,overall body movement,stayin out of Liddell range and droppin counters when Liddell moves in..and itch out a decision..if not..Liddell win probably TKO/KO him..I would like Shogun to win..but after his last proformance..can't really say much...
SpiderSilva
1/19/09 6:26:05PM
how can you say that with Chucks last few looking like this link
mrsmiley
1/19/09 6:55:14PM
What in the hell ever happened to Liddells kicks?
He used to throw some decent ones back in the day as well.
Maybe he's afraid of getting left too open for a takedown?Age?
JBatch
1/19/09 9:19:48PM
I think this fight is Shoguns to lose. If he gets cocky and tries to KO Liddell I think he gets put to sleep by a vicious Liddell counter.

If Shogun sticks to a solid gameplan, I think he can win this one handily.

Liddell can change a fight with one punch and he has got to be pissed after his last couple of fights. Yet I think he is too old and when your a striker age counts.

This will be a tough one for me to pick but I think I will be going with a Shogun decision victory.
TimW001
1/19/09 11:54:57PM
Before UFC 93 I was trying to convince my friend that there are few people left that Chuck can defeat.

Shogun has no head movement, keeps his hands around his hips. I don't think his kicks will cut it in this fight.

Chuck second round KO.
Drudinh
1/20/09 1:45:56AM
I'LL STILL ROUTE FOR CHUCK. I JUST HOPE THAT I DON'T REGRET IT.
Pookie
1/20/09 2:41:31AM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by Pookie

I do hope you are right
HumanTarget
1/20/09 5:33:33PM
Chuck will destory...
cmill21
1/20/09 6:01:16PM
I will probably pick Chuck, but I woulden't be surprised if Shogun dominated.
Display
1/20/09 6:18:37PM
The Coleman rematch was Shogun's comeback fight (no matter how horrible you guys say he fought) and won by Late TKO.

This upcoming bout in three months with Chuck Liddell is his coming out fight. Chuck won't win. Expect him to use A LOT of Thai Kicks to slow down the older and slower Liddell.

Shogun by TKO R2.

chitown97
1/20/09 8:13:48PM
If Shogun doesn't change absolutely everything about his training camp he will get dropped quickly by Chuck. If he stands in front of Chuck like he did against Coleman he will be sleeping.
Chuck might not be top dog anymore but he can still throw an overhand right that will drop most people in the division, especially one that can't keep his hands up or move his head after the first round.
Shogun should switch camps and get busy living or get busy dying, another loss and he is gone.

P.S. Preferably a team that embraces good cardio training.
cmill21
1/21/09 2:56:44AM

Posted by chitown97

If Shogun doesn't change absolutely everything about his training camp he will get dropped quickly by Chuck. If he stands in front of Chuck like he did against Coleman he will be sleeping.
Chuck might not be top dog anymore but he can still throw an overhand right that will drop most people in the division, especially one that can't keep his hands up or move his head after the first round.
Shogun should switch camps and get busy living or get busy dying, another loss and he is gone.

I'm just thinking out loud here but Wand stood directly in front of him and Chuck didn't put him down. I don't know if Chuck has it anymore, I haven't seen "it" in a while.
EvenFlow
1/21/09 5:13:43AM

Posted by Display

The Coleman rematch was Shogun's comeback fight (no matter how horrible you guys say he fought) and won by Late TKO.

This upcoming bout in three months with Chuck Liddell is his coming out fight. Chuck won't win. Expect him to use A LOT of Thai Kicks to slow down the older and slower Liddell.

Shogun by TKO R2.

This guys got it

However I say leglock, after some good standup, next guess is a Shogun KO though.

I will av bet this when the event comes up. I'm sure I'll get takers later on.
Display
1/21/09 11:08:44AM

Posted by EvenFlow

Posted by Display

Shogun by TKO R2.

This guys got it

However I say leglock, after some good standup, next guess is a Shogun KO though.

I will av bet this when the event comes up. I'm sure I'll get takers later on.

Nice Av dude.
grappler0000
1/21/09 11:52:25AM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by chitown97

I'm just thinking out loud here but Wand stood directly in front of him and Chuck didn't put him down. I don't know if Chuck has it anymore, I haven't seen "it" in a while.

1. Standing in front of - opting to exchange strikes with your opponent. (i.e. Chuck/Wandy)

2. Standing in front of - literally standing in front of your opponent...with hands down and no energy to take it to the ground. (i.e. Shogun/Coleman)

I'm pretty sure chitown97 meant the latter of the two.
Pages: [1] 2