Shogun's camp deny he turned down Teixeira at UFC 149

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Shogun's camp deny he turned down Teixeira at UFC 149
« Previous Page
lll-lll
6/7/12 8:45:23AM
Well I guess everyones right about Shogun. He mustve have turned down Glover because he had a bigger contender on the table......Brandon Vera.

What a joke. He is afraid.

BTW you guys are pathetic using the Dana lied to Faber excuse. He lied to keep the fight a secret for TV reasons. A very understandable lie since they were using the fight as a ratings pull and secrets are hard to keep with reporters snooping around everyone in someones camps and people cant keep their mouths shut. Its noteven close to this situation where Dana is claimed to be lying to apparently make Shogun look bad. Because he has SOOO MANY REASONS FOR THAT.

Playground_Samurai
6/9/12 12:01:10AM
Aw sheet. Dana just said, on the UFC on Fuel post fight show, that Shogun said he would rather be cut than fight Teixeira!
jlock003
6/9/12 12:18:50AM

Posted by Playground_Samurai

Aw sheet. Dana just said, on the UFC on Fuel post fight show, that Shogun said he would rather be cut than fight Teixeira!

I was wondering if anyone else saw that. He was actually very complementary of Shogun though. Said he had never seen a guy at Shogun's level not want to fight someone in particular so badly before.
Wolfenstein
6/10/12 2:06:02PM
There's a lot of people saying "well Dana has no reason to lie". But I think both sides have a motive to lie.

Dana's a promoter, so of course he has a reason to lie. He's trying to drum up interest for new highly skilled UFC fighter, and saying things like "Shogun would rather be cut than fight Texiera", makes it seem like Glover has the division terrified. He's planting the seed for people to start thinking...maybe this is the guy to finally unseat Jon Jones!

Shogun and his management have a motive to lie because they need to protect his image. They want him to appear to be a take-on-all-comers kind of a guy. Ducking fights hurts that image.

So both sides have a vested interest in lying. Who's telling the truth? Well we can only speculate without any hard evidence.
Pages: 1 [2]