Q&A: "Shogun" Anxious to Fight

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Q&A: "Shogun" Anxious to Fight
aznteabagger
6/27/07 10:11:21AM
Mauricio Rua (Pictures) won't stop. As the Brazilian sits on the sidelines eagerly awaiting a return to the ring -- or a debut in the cage -- the young light heavyweight keeps training hard. During a break from training "Shogun," the 2005 PRIDE Middleweight Grand Prix champion, spoke to Sherdog.com.

LINK
Lethal
6/27/07 2:31:35PM
It must be tough for Wanderlei and Shogun considering they are both very able to (re)gain the title, but they don't want to fight each other. Hopefully Shogun's debut to the UFC is nothing like some of his Pride counterparts.
DMcCabe11
6/27/07 2:35:24PM

Posted by Lethal

It must be tough for Wanderlei and Shogun considering they are both very able to (re)gain the title, but they don't want to fight each other. Hopefully Shogun's debut to the UFC is nothing like some of his Pride counterparts.

on wandys sherdog post Pride 33 interview he said he would be willing to forego his rematch if Shogun was the # 1 contender so Mauricio could fight henderson and have his time as the champion which almost instantly should make wandy one of everyones fvorite fighters
Lethal
6/27/07 2:40:08PM
o, i didn't know about that...that would be a brawl
nastshabast
6/27/07 4:20:11PM
Fedor is for sure the number one among the heavyweights. I would fight him. He is the heavier and more experienced guy, so he would feel the pressure to win, and I would fight very calm. I think I'm ready to face him, yes, because every time I fight, I overcome myself. Experience is everything.

hmmmmmmm

(quoted in article if u didn't read, i would never fight fedor)
InkedUp
6/27/07 5:33:33PM
Shogun is by far one of the best pound for pound MMA fighters I have ever had the pleasure of seeing. I say if he came into the UFC right now, he would take down anyone he felt like and Dana should let him.