Shogun vs ????

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Shogun vs ????
Aether
4/19/09 5:16:14PM
I won't do a poll, I'll just let people discuss, but my vote goes for a Forrest vs Shogun rematch now, seems like the perfect time. Shogun vs Rampage is another possibility. Discuss.
Playground_Samurai
4/19/09 5:28:25PM
Well Forrest is already lined up to fight Thiago Silva and I think Rampage is getting the winner of Evans/Machida. The two best possibilities and most meaningful matches I see are Luiz Cane or the loser of Evans/Machida.

Cane has been working his way up and will probably be in the title picture sooner than later. I could see the winner of a Shogun/Cane fight being next in line or another decent win away.

With Rampage getting the winner of Evans/Machida, I think Shogun and the loser would make for another good title contention match.
SmileR
4/19/09 5:29:06PM
I wouldn't say a Forrest rematch just yet as Forrest just lost an Shogun won his last two but a I'm nursing a semi thinking about Rampage Vs Shogun rematch! That would be a war and a real test to see how close Shogun has returned to his original devastating form!
Rampage has come on hugely since his PRIDE days and Shogun last night at least seamed back to his old self!

So my vote goes for Rampage.
ravanunen
4/19/09 5:51:31PM
I think Cane should get Jardine, and I don't think Page vs Rua is feasible, but i think a good matchup would be Jon Jones vs Rua. I think they would match up well and it would be a good test for either guy, but mainly Jones
Bloodhound
4/19/09 7:01:36PM
i would love to see a rematch with Forrest but hes got a fight coming up....i would like to see Shogun fight Luiz Cane or the Rashad/Lyoto loser
mkiv9secsupra
4/19/09 7:16:34PM
Jardine... Jardine is a borderline contender and would make for an exciting match....with Jardine tko'ing him. If not Jardine, then i the loser of Machida/Evans.... so evans...
UFCmma666
4/19/09 7:47:04PM
i actually think that a rematch with forrest would be a great fight but i do not want to see shogun out of the octagon for that long we all know what happened last time shogun had ring rust but i would have a pretty hard time picking that fight
NatedawgThaM
4/19/09 9:30:32PM
KEITH JARDINE!!!!! Everybody else is booked. And Jardine is always a top contender that loses to other top contenders besides Houston. He has the skills to take out anyone, so it'd be a great fight for Shogun IMO because he'd be taking another step up and get closer and closer for that title shot!

Or if he don't have an opponent and the LHW champ don't or can't fight Rampage in August, September, or October when Rampage said he'll be ready, then RAMPGE VS SHOGUN 2!!! HELL YEAH!!!! But honestly I DONT wanna see that....YET!!!! Don't give him Rampage yet, give him another fight like Jardine to get another win under his belt so he's not getting thrown to the wolves already,
kaskd
4/19/09 10:55:17PM
Realistically he doesn't quite deserve Evans/Machida/Page yet. He beat an old Coleman, and a sadly declining Liddell. I doubt they want Shogun to lose either, they have to rebuild him up. That means he needs a big name can. That unfortunate role should be given to Vera. Vera hasn't done anything in a while and could use another fight. Would be a nice stand up battle.

Either that or Jardine, but everyone's already said that.
sclasclemski
4/19/09 11:19:59PM

Posted by gspfan

Well Forrest is already lined up to fight Thiago Silva and I think Rampage is getting the winner of Evans/Machida. The two best possibilities and most meaningful matches I see are Luiz Cane or the loser of Evans/Machida.

Cane has been working his way up and will probably be in the title picture sooner than later. I could see the winner of a Shogun/Cane fight being next in line or another decent win away.

With Rampage getting the winner of Evans/Machida, I think Shogun and the loser would make for another good title contention match.

I agree
sclasclemski
4/19/09 11:22:41PM

Posted by kaskd

Realistically he doesn't quite deserve Evans/Machida/Page yet. He beat an old Coleman, and a sadly declining Liddell. I doubt they want Shogun to lose either, they have to rebuild him up. That means he needs a big name can. That unfortunate role should be given to Vera. Vera hasn't done anything in a while and could use another fight. Would be a nice stand up battle.

Either that or Jardine, but everyone's already said that.

Vera is fightin Matt Hamil this summer...Jardine would be a good matchup...however if Jardine were to lose he might find himself in Strikeforce
slapshot
4/20/09 1:36:40AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Jardine... Jardine is a borderline contender and would make for an exciting match....with Jardine tko'ing him. If not Jardine, then i the loser of Machida/Evans.... so evans...

Id love to see that fight.
gartface
4/20/09 9:10:29AM
Luis Arthur Cane.
ncordless
4/20/09 9:48:35AM
I like Jardine, Cane, Jones or the winner of Hamill/Vera.

I think it would be fine to see Shogun get some more fights before he is fighting the top 4.
smcdonald
4/20/09 11:35:59AM
i agree but if Rich Franklin wins his bout with Silva, i think that he should get rua, would be a good fight?
prozacnation1978
4/20/09 1:46:29PM
i see shogun fighting again in the fall
page will fight winner of machida/evans

i think shogun fights either keith jardine next or luis cane or even steve cantwell
sclasclemski
4/20/09 3:02:53PM

Posted by smcdonald

i agree but if Rich Franklin wins his bout with Silva, i think that he should get rua, would be a good fight?

Excellent notion
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
4/20/09 3:07:19PM
I vote for Cane
Bloodhound
4/21/09 8:22:38PM
i forgot Franklin is coming back up to 205, i would like to see Ace Vs Shogun