SHOGUN!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » SHOGUN!
1daveufc
1/19/09 1:07:08PM
How many times will we see fighters that have god giving talent think they dont need to train they just need to turn up to win.The best of the bunch are Mir and Penn a no they train now like champions thats why they have became champions.But the shogun fight on sat night p***ed me off you look forward to watching the fight then watching that was sad to say the least.Ok he may of had injuries but he been ok now for months so there shud be no excuses.I hope he turns it on in next fight because he is awesome to watch on his day.
Aether
1/19/09 1:09:55PM
There's a lot of threads about this already, it's probably not necessary to make any more.

Like I've said in the other ones though I don't think it's just that he decided not to train out of laziness, he was coming off of a pretty long layoff after multiple surgeries. I think it was just a case of ring rust and adrenaline dump combined. He looked great in round 1, I didn't even think coleman was going to answer the bell for round 2.
postman
1/19/09 6:09:48PM

Posted by Aether

There's a lot of threads about this already, it's probably not necessary to make any more.

Like I've said in the other ones though I don't think it's just that he decided not to train out of laziness, he was coming off of a pretty long layoff after multiple surgeries. I think it was just a case of ring rust and adrenaline dump combined. He looked great in round 1, I didn't even think coleman was going to answer the bell for round 2.

And would add Coleman did have some top control in the first that isn't going to help.