In Shock!(Hill vs Emerson)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » In Shock!(Hill vs Emerson)
« Previous Page
d_block07
5/13/07 9:01:25PM

Posted by gcraig22

Not a good fight. If Corey gets in the cage with a wrestler I think he is in trouble. Rob might have won with more time in the 2nd round. I don't think Corey has any defense on the ground. He is gonna get smashed or submitted.

Cory was an all american wrestler, rob just had good td defense, give corey some time to blossom and he will be unstoppable.

and he won the fihgt because he was more agressive and pushed the action, he threw kneew in the clinch, punches, jabs, high kicks, there was no doubt he was gonna take the fight
Northrend
5/13/07 9:06:01PM

Posted by d_block07

Posted by gcraig22

Not a good fight. If Corey gets in the cage with a wrestler I think he is in trouble. Rob might have won with more time in the 2nd round. I don't think Corey has any defense on the ground. He is gonna get smashed or submitted.

Cory was an all american wrestler, rob just had good td defense, give corey some time to blossom and he will be unstoppable.

and he won the fihgt because he was more agressive and pushed the action, he threw kneew in the clinch, punches, jabs, high kicks, there was no doubt he was gonna take the fight

I didn't see 1 high kick...he barely threw any landing jabs...he did not push the pace that much. I think a good gameplan against him is just to shoot in and pull guard and sub him from inside Corey's guard. Robert had a heelhook in about 10 seconds and Emerson isn't even known for his submissions.
the-james
5/13/07 9:58:25PM

Posted by d_block07

Posted by gcraig22

What fight did u watch?

In the Third round they didnt clinch and he didnt throw any high kicks, and only landed a couple of glancing jabs.
ac_gi
5/13/07 11:07:36PM
I totally disagree with the judges on this one. Just because Hill was pressing forward, doesn’t mean he had Octagon control. If he had such great Octagon control, how come he didn’t land any effective strikes or takedowns? Emerson won that last round with damage to the leg, and more effective strikes.

Then again, neither one will win this thing anyway. Go J- Lo!
Manfred
5/14/07 12:18:23AM

Posted by nubby

Hell, If I were Dana, after that third round I wouldn't even have waited for the Judges decision, I would have thrown them both off the show.

Emerson showed heart against Diaz, but really looked timid here. He said he was worried about the TD, but he did great on the ground in the 2nd and Hill was saved by the bell. So he shouldn't have been concerned.
Believe-in-judo81
5/14/07 7:10:24AM
In all honesty I don't think either fighter deserved that win. Emerson should have been playing the role of pressure fighter, keeping Hill off balance and throwing those leg kicks looking to chop him down and get the TKO. I just couldn't grasp why Emerson didn't take the obvious holes in his opponent's game and capitialize. Hill just needed to do anything, moving forward throwing lazy jabs DOES NOT constitute a win.

Also, the seeming lack of respect shown to BJ by his guys is disconcerting. He's out there screaming his lungs out trying to give theese guys sound advice and it's like they just mentally snap on earmuffs the moment they hear his voice. Given the chance to work with a guy with baby Jay's skills, I would for sure listen up, it's obvious he has a lot to say.
Sheddy
5/14/07 10:09:27AM
Emerson's only got himself to blame.
5k not to leave it up to the judges.....so he decides to leave it to the judges.
He could easily have won that with more leg kicks and some rough-house tactics.
Cory ain't got much apart from size.

Manfred
5/14/07 2:06:30PM

Posted by Sheddy

QFT. Dana said that was one of the main reasons he made it on the show
pv3Hpv3p
5/14/07 3:14:28PM

Posted by Manfred

Posted by Sheddy

QFT. Dana said that was one of the main reasons he made it on the show

Agreed, seems like they're looking for the next Kendall...

When he said that it was his first fight, did that mean that he'd never stepped into a cage/ring before? Or his first pro fight or what?

The guy's really green, but seems big and athletic so with the right coaching in the future who's to say he doesn't have a chance?
Svartorm
5/14/07 9:59:51PM
True, and he at least didn't buckle under the pressure. That dude that fought Manny (Noah maybe?), looked like he was about to puke before the fight, even though he had other pro-fights. Corey at least got his head into the game, even if he didn't perform to UFC standards.
bengy_23
5/18/07 3:38:34AM

Posted by shackle

Cory has alot of work to do but he could be a great fighter, but I don't think he will be winning TUF.

He has ALOT of work to do to become a GOOD fighter!
He is tooo Skinny and seems to have no strengh!
His stand up looks poor and i cant see him knocking anyone out, he only looked dangerous when he threw his knees..

Compare Lauzon and Hill in their fights, Lauzon would fckin steam roller him!!! I think the only person that could cause Lauzon trouble is Manny or maybe Nate Diaz.
Damien6663
5/18/07 10:54:46PM
It was his first MMA fight period, he did well against a seasoned fighter. In 2-3 years Cory will be a very good fighter, dont hold him to UFC standards yet, he is not at that level, he is a novice to the sport. WIth his athletic ability and wrestling background some more time at miletich fighting systems working on his standup this guy will be a beast.
bengy_23
5/21/07 3:20:05PM
the only way he will be a beast is if he fights at MW, and puts on sum weight and muscle!
keith-hackney1
5/21/07 5:07:33PM
Guys, i have watched this fight six times over and scored it on three occasions.
I agree with the outcome of round 1 & 2, hill defenately ticked all the boxes to get 10-9 in the first and again, Emerson did about enough to get a 10-9 in the second. As for the third, i cant believe it was scored what i would believe to be a 10-9 to hill declaring him the winner. Corey's shots were weak, only on counter attacks from emerson, they did no damage in the third. Although i believe corey pushed the pace, he did nothing and thats because he has no experience in this sport, he probebly didnt believe he'd be in the third round, win or loose.
The only thing that stands out from that third round was the thunderous kicks to coreys legs from emerson, which for me, scored Emerson a 10-9 victory.
Hill stalked emerson in the third but it was emerson with the attacks of punches and kicks, corey just tried to counter without really landing any.

If that had been joe louzon in their instead of emerson would he of finished hill, i think he would of, especially in that third round when corey was gassed.
Dana was wrong with what he said, when your already beat and outta the competition, gifted another shot and you dont finish your opponant, you blew it.
The only thing is, when neither fighter can finish a fight within the three rounds it has to go to the scorecard.
Hill won round 1. Emerson won round two.
I believe from what i scored, Emerson won round 3, therefor emerson should be in the semi finals.
Pages: 1 [2]