in shock that the UFC cut fitch...

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » in shock that the UFC cut fitch...
TheHitmanTL
11/19/08 9:34:25PM
i couldn't believe what i was reading when i read on mmamania.com that jon fitch had been cut from his contract....it's b.s. imo....here you have a man who tied the most consecutive wins with royce gracie and anderson silva and battled his heart out with GSP and they let him go because of the most idiotic reason....for not signing a contract for the UFC video game...not only was fitch released but christian wellisch was as well.....i am shocked that zuffa would do this....i am definetely appauled because fitch was one of the most exciting and charismatic fighters in the UFC to date....he always puts on a show and finds a way to win.... i hope zuffa realized that they made a HUGE mistake by allowing this to happen and i have certainly lost respect for some of the people of zuffa llc. for doing this...

with all that said

good luck jon fitch with your mma future i hope you find an organization that treats you RIGHT anf FAIRLY and i will be definetely watching your future fights in whatever org you go to

jocka
11/19/08 9:36:07PM

Posted by TheHitmanTL

i couldn't believe what i was reading when i read on mmamania.com that jon fitch had been cut from his contract....it's b.s. imo....here you have a man who tied the most consecutive wins with royce gracie and anderson silva and battled his heart out with GSP and they let him go because of the most idiotic reason....for not signing a contract for the UFC video game...not only was fitch released but christian wellisch was as well.....i am shocked that zuffa would do this....i am definetely appauled because fitch was one of the most exciting and charismatic fighters in the UFC to date....he always puts on a show and finds a way to win.... i hope zuffa realized that they made a HUGE mistake by allowing this to happen and i have certainly lost respect for some of the people of zuffa llc. for doing this...

with all that said

good luck jon fitch with your mma future i hope you find an organization that treats you RIGHT anf FAIRLY and i will be definetely watching your future fights in whatever org you go to

http://mmamania.com/2008/11/19/jon-fitch-christian-wellisch-and-possibly-others-cut-by-ufc/

already posted in the news
TheHitmanTL
11/19/08 9:36:57PM
i know it is but i just wanted to give my two cents
higdon10
11/19/08 9:36:59PM
This is a big loss. Fitch is the #2 WW in the world.
Jackelope
11/19/08 10:13:35PM
If this turns out to be true I will be outraged. Fitch is the fricken man. Damn it. It can't be true.
nickcuc547
11/19/08 10:17:59PM
I guess they thought he was expendable, I have to say I disagree.
cmill21
11/19/08 10:20:42PM
I know i've always been a proponent for two big promotions, but man the UFC is doing some dumb things. I like their production value and they put on a few fights that make me happy, but come on guys cutting two top 10 fighters?
Biggz
11/19/08 10:27:14PM
its complete bullshit!! if this goes through i will loose MUCH respect for Zuffa/UFC/Dana White. there has been talk and before this happened i always disagreed but know i will have to agree that UFC is running a monopoly, (not a good one were everyone is happy too) they run things with a "my way or the highway" attitude because they know there is pretty much no where else these fighters can go! you can argue Affliction/Dream ect... but none of those are the UFC. (if that makes sense)
just pisses me off
Rush
11/19/08 10:47:39PM
I don't want to be blunt, but

If this is true....

When the UFC runs a monopoly (or tries to) people say, it's just business. When the UFC is accused of underpaying fighters, people say it's just business.

Well, this is the same thing. Like it or not, this is just business.

Jackelope
11/19/08 10:49:13PM

Posted by Rush

If this is true....

When the UFC runs a monopoly (or tries to) people say, it's just business. When the UFC is accused of underpaying fighters, people say it's just business.

Luckily for me I've always stood on the opposite side of the fence. Maybe if this kind of crap is true then people will finally start to see why I've always been for a fighter's union and non-exclusive contracts
Rush
11/19/08 10:56:00PM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by Rush

If this is true....

Luckily for me I've always stood on the opposite side of the fence. Maybe if this kind of crap is true then people will finally start to see why I've always been for a fighter's union and non-exclusive contracts

That was the whole point I was alluding to. People use the "it's business" when it affects the fighter's pocketbook or some small org (because that doesn't affect what they see on PPVs), but when it comes to something that affects whether they will actually get to see a fighter in the UFC, they change their tone.

The door swings both ways in the business world.
roadking95th
11/19/08 11:33:20PM
Anybody know an email address we can write to? Let's show our displeasure and over load them.
cmill21
11/19/08 11:40:54PM

Posted by roadking95th

Anybody know an email address we can write to? Let's show our displeasure and over load them.

We should get the site to send them an e-mail with a huge amount of sig's about this and Werdum's releases. This is garbage and I want an explination!
Wolfenstein
11/19/08 11:51:10PM
Apparently there's a standoff with the entire AKA camp as no one from the camp has signed the contract, and Jon and Christian are the first go. We'll see if the UFC is also willing to cut Josh Koscheck, Cain Velasquez, and Mike Swick. So be prepared...because there might be an even bigger pill yet to be swallowed.
cmill21
11/19/08 11:54:42PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

Apparently there's a standoff with the entire AKA camp as no one from the camp has signed the contract, and Jon and Christian are the first go. We'll see if the UFC is also willing to cut Josh Koscheck, Cain Velasquez, and Mike Swick. So be prepared...because there might be an even bigger pill yet to be swallowed.

That would be rediculous. The UFC has to know these guys will be able to go somewhere, Strikeforce can afford to give these guys good money to come fight there, Affliction will pay, Dream and Sengoku may even throw their hat in the ring. This is just a dumb move and will prevent other guys from coming to the UFC.
hotrodttt
11/20/08 12:23:30AM
WTF ! There is no way ! I'm pissed
haggiswashere
11/20/08 12:48:06AM
If they cut Kos, Fitch, Werdum, Cain, and Swick that would kill there Heavy and Welterweight divisions. Idiots. Complete Idiots.
ViciousFish
11/20/08 1:46:21AM
As bad as it sounds there's always more fighters who are willing to sign the contract. For the most part there's 1 organization in North America (when Affliction runs a card that doesn't hemorrhage money maybe I'll say 2) and there's only so many guys the UFC will hire.

AKA can try to make a stand and maybe it will work. Maybe Dana will cave. I really hope so because I think Fitch and Kos have a ton of talent. If it doesn't there's probably 150 other guys who would sign any paper Dana put under their noses for a shot in the UFC.

As for killing the WW division they can just spin it as GSP beat Fitch and Kos and Swick would have never gotten a title shot anyways. GSP is tied up with BJ till January, he'll fight Thaigo after that. They'll have until August-ish to get the next guy ready. Casual viewers (the audience they seem to be trying to target for the most part lately) are gullible. Tell them that someone is a championship contender and they'll believe it.

haggiswashere
11/20/08 2:14:48AM

Posted by ViciousFish
Casual viewers (the audience they seem to be trying to target for the most part lately) are gullible. Tell them that someone is a championship contender and they'll believe it.

Brock Lesnar comes to mind........
YeahBee
11/20/08 3:41:55AM
DAna went and did it again the ******* asshole

everybodu in support of fitch should change to a Fitch avatar
Taylor8766
11/20/08 8:15:22AM
I'm very upset with the UFC realising Jon Fitch he is the #2 WW in the world and for the UFC to release him overa video game is kinda ridiculous. I also read that they could possibly be releasing Josh Koscheck and Cain Velasquez, which would suck ass, I mean of the best up and comers in the sport and the UFC wants to get rid of them over a game. BS
copcopps
11/20/08 8:49:23AM
http://mmajunkie.com/news/13291/ufc-drops-jon-fitch-aka-fighters.mma

it appears it had something to do with the UFC game don't have enough time to do in depth but might as well read this Fitch fans
DCRage
11/20/08 11:17:46AM