Ye Shiwen

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Ye Shiwen
POLL: Ye Shiwen
A woman 31% (8)
A woman.....on steroids 31% (8)
A man 4% (1)
Somewhere between the two genders 8% (2)
Genetically-altered Chinese Man-Dolphin 15% (4)
Don King 12% (3)
Franklinfan47
8/1/12 1:30:50AM
Ok, so for those of us who ARE interested in the olympics, what do you guys make of Ye Shiwen?

FlashyG
8/1/12 1:43:25AM

Posted by Franklinfan47

Ok, so for those of us who ARE interested in the olympics, what do you guys make of Ye Shiwen?

How come there is no option for genentically-altered Chinese-Woman-Dolphin?
Boo_Radley21
8/1/12 1:46:01AM

Posted by FlashyG

How come there is no option for genentically-altered Chinese-Woman-Dolphin?

The thing that stuck out as most surprising was woman in that description. no word of a lie
DancingDoll
8/1/12 8:45:57AM
It seems like she's gone through pretty rigorous doping testing. So far it's just the US swimming coaches that are creating the rumours, which I honestly think is kind of unfair. They're putting this veil of suspicion over her and marring her achievements. What if the doping-rumours are groundless? It's unfair that practically every headline about her has the word "doping" in it. Imagine if you were that athlete, playing clean, and having people roll their eyes at you.

I also think she looks like a girl. Her hair is just short. There was a female chinese weightlifter that looked more like a guy to me (can't remember the name) but as I started watching it, I thought it was men's weightlifting at first, until the next competitor came out in a ponytail.
Poor_Franklin
8/1/12 8:59:41AM
they said she swam the last leg of the 400 faster than any man, so she must be doping. we all know women cant do anything as well as men unless it's in the ktichen, and that is still debatable
Theoutlaw08
8/1/12 9:04:42AM
Maybe shes just a freak....
postman
8/1/12 10:19:44AM
Maybe she just eats good horse meat?
hymiekooken
8/1/12 10:27:02AM
I think it has something to do with Don King......
thevoodooninja
8/1/12 11:43:01AM
isn't there an official olympic thead this could go in. j/k

I think the dudes a chick
Pskinner_mma314
8/1/12 12:14:16PM
She's fast. I mean really fast. I mean she's so fast, she makes fast people look.....not fast.

It does kinda upset me that anytime another country absolutely owns the US in a sport that the US is "supposed" to win, the other athletes get accused of doping. Get a grip fellow Americans....it's been a looooooong time since we were the best at EVERYTHING.
BlueSkiesBurn
8/1/12 12:16:56PM
The Chinese have already been caught disrespecting these games and trying to tilt the competition in their favor. While 2 South Korean teams have been expelled, the Chinese "started" the whole thing (I know that sounds ridiculous, but read on) and were the masterminds behind trying to gain a better draw.

8 Players Expelled From London Today
airkerma
8/1/12 12:49:56PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

The Chinese have already been caught disrespecting these games and trying to tilt the competition in their favor. While 2 South Korean teams have been expelled, the Chinese "started" the whole thing (I know that sounds ridiculous, but read on) and were the masterminds behind trying to gain a better draw.

8 Players Expelled From London Today

Didn't see the link at first, I was going to post the same thing and reference the Chinese disrespecting the games and respond 'surely, you jest!'
Also, as the panelists on Around the Horn referenced, China has been caught doping in the past. Then there was the suspicious 15...erp I mean 16 year old gymnast from China last games.
Not sure how to weigh in on Ye, but she made quite an astounding improvement.
BlueSkiesBurn
8/1/12 1:08:45PM

Posted by airkerma

Didn't see the link at first, I was going to post the same thing and reference the Chinese disrespecting the games and respond 'surely, you jest!'
Also, as the panelists on Around the Horn referenced, China has been caught doping in the past. Then there was the suspicious 15...erp I mean 16 year old gymnast from China last games.
Not sure how to weigh in on Ye, but she made quite an astounding improvement.

I'm with you 100%. The look of her doesn't bother me at all. It's the fact that most swimmers are putting up WORSE times than Beijing. That's everything to do with the fact that they stopped allowing those ridiculous suits.

Granted, she wasn't around for the Beijing games as she is too young, but how is it that every other swimmer is posting worse times and hers are records? It's curious, that's all. I'm not a fan of accusing someone of roiding because they simply blew away the competition.

This is her first games and she may be posting her best times because she is young and maturing with the sport. That said, most people don't shave 5 seconds off their time in such a short span of time without question.

Hey, the Olympics holds on to your sample for 8 years. If she's cheating, they will definitely catch it at some point.

Bubbles
8/1/12 1:47:32PM
i find it hard to believe that a 15 year old girl can swim faster than her 20-25 year old male counterparts who are physically stronger and more developed. Now I'm not talking about us armchair athletes, but Olympic level male swimmers.
scoozna
8/1/12 2:15:54PM
If I heard correctly, the NBC commentators (geniuses, all of them) said that Phelps shaved 4 seconds off his time between the ages of 15 and 16. So that made it sound a bit more realistic. But only a little.
Franklinfan47
8/1/12 3:00:18PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Hey, the Olympics holds on to your sample for 8 years. If she's cheating, they will definitely catch it at some point.

Thats pretty much how I feel about it. Right now she's innocent until proven guilty, as suspicious as her accomplishments seem....

It seems like many people might just be bitter an Asian woman can swim faster than an American man.

Im not ruling out a dolphin/human hybrid though
pmoney
8/1/12 3:08:10PM
I think the only important part here that has been partially passed over is technique. Much like in MMA (SATURDAY!!!) and really all aspects of life, technique is the great equalizer. Is she that much stronger, or is her technique just that much better? I'm not gonna call her a man, as I am sure we have all seen examples of dudes that look like chicks and chicks that look like dudes in all races...
FlashyG
8/1/12 3:19:20PM

Posted by Franklinfan47

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

It seems like many people might just be bitter an Asian woman can swim faster than an American man.

She was only faster over the last 50m, as far as overall times in their races Lochte was over 23 seconds faster,

Lochte also had a huge lead in his last 50 so he probably didn't push himself as hard as Shiwen had to in order to win her race.

I don't see any reason to suspect she's on any performance enhancers, unless she tests positive, it seems like a lot of sour grapes by opposing coaches IMO.
DancingDoll
8/1/12 3:32:15PM

Posted by FlashyG

She was only faster over the last 50m, as far as overall times in their races Lochte was over 23 seconds faster,

Lochte also had a huge lead in his last 50 so he probably didn't push himself as hard as Shiwen had to in order to win her race.

I don't see any reason to suspect she's on any performance enhancers, unless she tests positive, it seems like a lot of sour grapes by opposing coaches IMO.

Totally agree. If she's innocent, this is totally f%cking up her Olympic moment.

If she's innocent, then her entire week is basically, "Oh did you hear about that chinese man-dolphin teenager that doped her way to Gold" in the media. All the headlines with her name in it are related to doping. I feel sorry for her. I think every athlete should get the benefit of the doubt until proven guilty.

From what I read she was tested multiple times throughout the year and came up clean.

When Phelps was breaking records, nobody was questioning whether he was clean.

My feeling is - just let the IOC do what they do, and give the athletes the respect until something legit comes up. If there's something off, it will be revealed eventually.
KungFuMaster
8/1/12 5:37:16PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

they said she swam the last leg of the 400 faster than any man, so she must be doping. we all know women cant do anything as well as men unless it's in the ktichen, and that is still debatable

I disagree but....
KungFuMaster
8/1/12 6:53:36PM
I didn't see this race. I tried to google and youtube the race but I can't find anything. If anyone has the full race video, please post a link. Thank you.

Anyway, I think she is a great swimmer.
Aether
8/1/12 7:09:10PM
I know absolutely nothing about what has happened during the olympics and haven't watched a single event, but just looking at the picture I figured she was a she, for whatever that is worth.

Although I'm guessing no one actually believes she is a man.
BigBadAl
8/3/12 12:36:26PM
Breaking news! Ye Shiwen's real name has been discovered.....it's Che Ting Twat.

Seriously though I think 'it's' a woman.