Shinya Aoki Has A Message For The Haters Post-DREAM 15

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Shinya Aoki Has A Message For The Haters Post-DREAM 15
DCRage
7/12/10 10:39:24AM
And he's starting to sound like a Junie Browning or War Machine.

"When I caught (Kawajiri) and tried to submit him, I heard a loud crackle sound. He did not tap so I thought 'Ok, this match just became a death-fight' and I was going to destroy his leg. I knew Kawajiri never taps so I could not win without breaking his bone. I was hoping for an open-fracture. No one could have endured [that submission] like Kawajiri. His heart is iron. [I told him] 'I could show you 100% but I chose not to because I respect you. Thank you for this fight.' After I lost (to Gilbert Melendez), many people blamed me, but [my fiance] helped me through it all. The people who mocked me in my fight versus Melendez, I wanted to kill them all. Even in this fight, too many people said 'Kawajiri would win!'. I felt like telling these people 'Go to hell!'."

http://www.mmamania.com/2010/7/12/1565349/shinya-aoki-has-a-message-for-the
D0wnUnd6e6r
7/12/10 11:11:12AM

I was hoping for an open-fracture.

ok dude, i get it, you like to hurt people. But hoping for your opponent to have an open fracture due to a sub is kinda f*cked right up. that aoki and his antics, kinda getting old with his whole "destructive" nature. At least now a days he shows a tiny little bit of respect which was not there at all in the past.
Twenty20Dollars
7/12/10 11:20:25AM
Little man has some anger. Grrr
BlueSkiesBurn
7/12/10 11:36:17AM
For some reason Aoki really likes to hurt people. I'm not a fan of these types of comments. I get that people love to fight, but openly wanting to fracture bones....kinda f*cked
Pskinner_mma314
7/12/10 12:29:08PM
hey aoki, i got a message for you, how bout you go learn sum striking so the next time u run into hansen and he hits u, u dont start crying before the fight is even over. instead of talkin bout wantin to kill people and get open fractures which honestly just makes u look like u have a lil lack of confidence
AchillesHeel
7/12/10 3:01:54PM
It's a shame. I used to like Aoki, but I guess he wants to kill me now. Bummer.
mrsmiley
7/12/10 3:21:27PM

I think those pants got too tight and started cutting off the blood flow to his brain or something.
Diffenently has a small man complex about him.
kopower
7/12/10 4:12:52PM
When I initially read the article, I thought Aoki wanted a clean break so not to do as much damage. I was thrown off by all the negative comments from everyone so I re-read it. Yeah, open-fracture is not one of those "good" breaks.

marcoDGK
7/12/10 7:44:04PM

Posted by AchillesHeel

Especially you.
maniacbigd
7/12/10 8:49:35PM
well i gota say i love aokis subs and ppl are gonna be scared there gonna get something broke when going into him im sure but he does need some striking as melendez wooped his ass i think if he incorparated somed be a true good striking he beast
AchillesHeel
7/13/10 10:36:41AM

Posted by marcoDGK

Posted by AchillesHeel

Especially you.

*scratches head*

I really don't know what you mean by this.
Pookie
7/13/10 7:44:06PM
If you garner a reputation as a japanese bone breaking wizard the precedent you set is that if your opponents don't tapout immediately, you are more than willing to snap their limbs.

This will enable him to get a tap with mere seconds left in the match, ala Aoki/Hansen 3, whereas he might have lost that same match had hansen tried to fight the armbar for even a couple of seconds.

I think this is more of a psychological tool than his "true" feelings about his opponents.
jae_1833
7/13/10 8:19:58PM
Honestly this just make me hope that his next opponent "Franklin's" his nose!
warglory
7/15/10 8:50:52PM
Damn does Aoki ever have anger issues! You'd think after suffering from the biggest beatdown of the year that he'd have things in perspective, but he seems more angry now than ever.