Shinya Aoki meets champ Kotetsu Boku at 'ONE FC 8: Kings and Champions'

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Shinya Aoki meets champ Kotetsu Boku at 'ONE FC 8: Kings and Champions'
FastKnockout
1/30/13 6:24:58PM
Lightweight champion Kotetsu Boku will face notable veteran Shinya Aoki in April at "ONE FC 8: Kings and Champions," officials today announced.

Link
sparky
1/30/13 7:08:00PM
Shinya has be a top LW for years but, truthfully I think if he came state side he would drop in the ranks drastically. That being said I honestly dont see him making to many appearances out side of Asia. He seems content with fighting over there and I dont blame him if the money is right.
jae_1833
1/30/13 8:48:31PM
Talented dude but whoever does his match ups suck! Worse than ever I want to see him fight again in America, preferably in the UFC...you know before he is old and his time has past...like another I know and loved...Fedor.
Bubbles
1/30/13 10:18:28PM
well getting KO'd by Alvarez and beaten handedly by Melendez has hurt his stock but he is still a top 10 talent. If he comes here I'd love to see him vs Sotiropolous and Bocek
FastKnockout
1/30/13 11:39:06PM
He's a lot like Melendez rankings wise. I just don't feel confident ranking him in the top ten until he faces off with someone in the UFC.
Jeffahn
1/31/13 6:06:43AM

Posted by Bubbles

well getting KO'd by Alvarez and beaten handedly by Melendez has hurt his stock but he is still a top 10 talent. If he comes here I'd love to see him vs Sotiropolous and Bocek

He 'beat' George Sotiropoulos in 2006 (DQ (Groin Strike)).

Bubbles
1/31/13 12:05:18PM

Posted by Jeffahn

Posted by Bubbles

He 'beat' George Sotiropoulos in 2006 (DQ (Groin Strike)).

yeah that doesn't count
shaneTpain
1/31/13 5:02:36PM
Iamma watch it! Shinya is always entertaining & theres nothing wrong with having Japan on lock. Thats a good gig!