Shields Vs Lindland At Affliction 2

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Shields Vs Lindland At Affliction 2
MMAcca
8/15/08 1:47:03PM
There are strong rumours that EliteXC welterweight champion Jake Shields is being lined up to face Matt Lindland at Affliction 2.

Lindland was supposed to be fighting Vitor Belfort on the October 11th show, but the Brazilian has pulled out citing a broken hand.

Last week, Shields told an interviewer from MMA Weekly that he was currently fielding “a really good offer to fight a top 185-pounder”.

He expressed hope that EliteXC would allow him to “go out there” and fight the unnamed opponent.

But Affliction vice-president Tom Atencio has been tight-lipped about the situation, refusing to acknowledge that it is his company which is looking at bringing Shields in for a middleweight fight.

LINK
Gipper
8/15/08 2:03:09PM
i had a feeling it would be lindland. this is a crazy fight. fukeneh!!
ncordless
8/15/08 2:22:20PM
That would be a really tough matchup for Shields. My first thought is that he will be ground into the canvas.
Pookie
8/15/08 2:25:24PM
Shields took out okami pretty easily so i dont know... i think shields would take it.
jiujitsufreak74
8/15/08 2:46:30PM
i really do not like the way Lindland is performing of late. he doesn't seem like the top 10 MW he once was and i don't like to see him hang around the rankings. i hope Shields can defeat him so that Lindland has some motivation to focus more on his MMA career because he seems more preoccupied with his political obligations.

plus, i am a fan of Shields and want him to succeed . i really hope he goes to the UFC and causes a splash there. i am really curious to see how he stacks up against the UFC competition.
kaduey
8/15/08 2:53:50PM

Posted by Pookie

Shields took out okami pretty easily so i dont know... i think shields would take it.

Some thought Okami beat Shields. I wouldn't call that fight an easy one.
Mchubb316
8/15/08 3:12:26PM
I like the matchup. Tough one to pick for me. I like Shields, but Lindland is tough, and will cause problems.
nastshabast
8/15/08 4:58:01PM
this would be great, but i bet it won't work.
sparky
8/15/08 5:13:23PM
id love to it happen im a big jake shields fan .........plus i cant stand matt lindland like no disrespect i know hes a tough guy jus cant stand his style he is one of the most boring fighters to watch.......if they do fight i hope shields taps out lindland that would completely make my day!!!!!
RMFG_187
8/15/08 6:15:01PM
Lindland UD. Dunno if its 5 rounds, but it will go the distance. Lindland seems stronger, and u cant sub Lindland.
dust
8/15/08 8:57:42PM

Posted by Pookie

Did you even see that fight?
MMAcca
8/16/08 5:52:29AM
Plus Shields would be stepping up in weight, so he would be the smaller man.

That may be a factor.