SHields-Fickett EXC Title Fight Off Again

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » SHields-Fickett EXC Title Fight Off Again
DCRage
5/2/08 7:00:48AM
Once again EliteXC has been snakebit in their efforts to have a Jake Shields-Drew Fickett fight for their Welterweight Title because of an injury. The second try at it, set for June 14 in Hawaii, is now off-this time it's Fickett who can't fight because of a knee injury.

Article
babytater03
5/2/08 7:02:33AM
Whispering_Death
5/2/08 7:07:16AM
Thanks for the news.

But, in all honestly, I couldn't care less about this fight. The only people that can test Shields are in the UFC.
prozacnation1978
5/2/08 8:33:51AM
maybe the fight was never suppose to happen,
Twenty20Dollars
5/2/08 8:49:24AM
i thought it would be a good fight. but its taking too long to happen so its prolly time to move on to some new opponent and have this fight later down the line.
hdnet_mma
5/2/08 1:19:53PM
i was really wanting to see this fight. shields is a stud and fickett has been looking good every since he fought on that first HDNet card
Vendetta
5/2/08 2:17:53PM
Damn. I'm really aching to see this fight. Hopefully it will still happen.
wolfman
5/2/08 3:54:59PM

Posted by Vendetta

Damn. I'm really aching to see this fight. Hopefully it will still happen.

Seriously, this fight is about as cursed as the JZ/Aoki fights. Even when Aoki won there was controversy added, as he can't continue due to his injury and now JZ moves on in his place.
F--K_Luck_AuH2O
5/2/08 8:09:10PM

Posted by Whispering_Death

Thanks for the news.

But, in all honestly, I couldn't care less about this fight. The only people that can test Shields are in the UFC.

I disagree with you sir. I strongly disagree with you.

Anyhow, I think this is good for the fight.

1st-Sheilds pulled out 2 days before the last fight, and Fickett stepped up to fight somebody else on short notce. So its only fair that Fickett gets a free pass as well...at leats he gave 5 weeks notice.

2nd-Shields gets more time to recover, so he's garenteed to be in top shape.

3rd-By the time the fight is ready to go, it'll be aired on CBS...because the deal would be done by then.
bustin_mma
5/3/08 2:13:37AM
God it really seems like this fight wasnt meant to be what a shame too, I would really like to see this one. Could be a real fan favorite.