Sherk Stripped Of Title

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Sherk Stripped Of Title
Next Page »
DCRage
12/8/07 6:25:10PM
UFC has now confirmed that UFC Lightweight Champion Sean Sherk has been stripped of the title.

Article
wapttn
12/8/07 6:26:41PM
told you so ^^
duggy
12/8/07 6:28:47PM
good. i hope that the ufc also makes him work his way back up as there are so many worthy contenders right now.
babalu2720
12/8/07 6:35:20PM

Posted by duggy

good. i hope that the ufc also makes him work his way back up as there are so many worthy contenders right now.

Ther is an article on the fight network that says Sherk will likely be the nymber 1 contender once his suspension is up, though i agree with you...
jae_1833
12/8/07 6:36:33PM
I didn't think they were going to...with Dana saying how much he trusted Sherk while this was going on and all. I doubt they make him work back up from the very bottom, but I do see him having to win prob 3 in a row before he regains a title shot. Just what I would do. Like if he had lost a title defense, win a couple and your back in the mix.
silverbullet
12/8/07 6:40:29PM
Good
cmill21
12/8/07 6:42:12PM
I heard this a few days ago. Apperently the oringinal report was only made because the UFC didn't want to make a formal announcement. With all the false reports I guess they decided to make the formal announcement.
duggy
12/8/07 6:47:08PM
agreed. i didnt think that they would actually strip him of the belt. i wonder if we are going to see a difference in his physique?
grappler0000
12/8/07 6:47:54PM

Posted by duggy

Sylvia came back and fought for the title immediately, so i don't see this being any different.
jae_1833
12/8/07 6:52:05PM
IDK...with the rumors going haywire like this I don't think I am willing to belive anything until I see it on UFC.com! I've seen opposites today, not to mention all the back and forth articles that I have seen over the past week or so. Maybe they will announce it tonight at the UFN, and that BJ/Stevenson will be for the title....not interim.
tuvok500
12/8/07 6:53:16PM
Good news !!

it was the only choice for the credibility of the ufc and the sport !!

now, i will not try to say that Sherk must fight is way up again, i think he will be the first to fight Bj or Joe after there fight.

duggy
12/8/07 7:16:13PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by duggy

Sylvia came back and fought for the title immediately, so i don't see this being any different.

true. i forgot about that.
Manak
12/8/07 7:24:59PM

Posted by duggy

agreed. i didnt think that they would actually strip him of the belt. i wonder if we are going to see a difference in his physique?

i hope this doesnt get to his head and change his routine, but i dont think he will, sherk will be the same as in all his fights.
madmarck
12/8/07 7:30:25PM

Posted by duggy

I doubt it. Sherk has always looked phenomenal. He is without a doubt one of the most impressive fighters in the sport. At 155 i dont think anyone can touch him. BJ Penn has to fight him though.
silverbullet
12/8/07 8:00:13PM

Posted by madmarck

Posted by duggy

I doubt it. Sherk has always looked phenomenal. He is without a doubt one of the most impressive fighters in the sport. At 155 i dont think anyone can touch him. BJ Penn has to fight him though.

Look I don't mean to burst your bubble but Sherk hasn't finished a fight in UFC or Pride that was not due to cut or injury.
bayonetxwork
12/8/07 8:05:19PM
thats great news!
grappler0000
12/8/07 8:20:21PM

Posted by silverbullet

Posted by madmarck

Posted by duggy

Look I don't mean to burst your bubble but Sherk hasn't finished a fight in UFC or Pride that was not due to cut or injury.

Well, in all fairness, his decisions in the UFC were to game opponents...if you exclude Nakao, he has decisions over Franca, Florian, and Diaz. The 3 of them have a total of 56 matches...with only the following stoppages:

Franca - 1 TKO
Florian - 1 TKO (@ middleweight)
Diaz - 2 TKO's (1 via cut)
madmarck
12/8/07 8:36:00PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by silverbullet

Posted by madmarck

Posted by duggy

Well, in all fairness, his decisions in the UFC were to game opponents...if you exclude Nakao, he has decisions over Franca, Florian, and Diaz. The 3 of them have a total of 56 matches...with only the following stoppages:

Franca - 1 TKO
Florian - 1 TKO (@ middleweight)
Diaz - 2 TKO's (1 via cut)

Thats pretty true. The guys Sherk hasnt finished are guys that rarely get finished.
Not to mention his 2 losses are a 5 round war with Matt Hughes.
and a TKO to GSP.
He has never been knocked out or submitted in the GSP fight he got his nose broke i believe though.
D0wnUnd6e6r
12/8/07 10:01:49PM
( à la Comic book guy from the simpsons) Thank you!
ohiostate1016
12/8/07 11:00:57PM

Posted by DCRage

UFC has now confirmed that UFC Lightweight Champion Sean Sherk has been stripped of the title.

Finally...justice reigns supreme!
prozacnation1978
12/9/07 1:10:25AM
glad for it, he should be, but i still see him fighting winner next,
CiaoBaby
12/9/07 1:14:25AM
There was a post on this site recently that said Sherk would NOT be stripped of the title after all. I was pissed! Finally the truth!!! Listen steriods or not, this cat was BORING!!! Watching him defend his "title" for 5 rounds was like watching paint dry! Tell Roid Rage Magoo to join up with the WWE for all I care, its about time Penn got what was his!!!!
Trench777
12/9/07 2:12:10AM

Posted by CiaoBaby
its about time Penn got what was his!!!!

Oh, he's going to...his head on a platter, served up by Joe Big Daddy.

Total bull***t that they stripped Sherk.

T777
duggy
12/9/07 5:49:14AM

Posted by madmarck

Posted by duggy

i agree that sherk has alway looked phenomenal, but he has always looked like he was roiding. so it's hard to gauge what a liar has accopmlished. if he had been clean up to the franca fight, more power to him. if not, he just juiced his way to the top and he wil be exposed when he's not on the hippy crack.
StevieC
12/9/07 11:17:02AM
No matter, he will get it back.....
StevieC
12/9/07 11:24:02AM

Posted by Trench777

Posted by CiaoBaby
its about time Penn got what was his!!!!

Oh, he's going to...his head on a platter, served up by Joe Big Daddy.

Total bull***t that they stripped Sherk.

T777

Well, It's not total, Dana didn't really want to strip him but he had to Dude...and I agree it sucks. Dana knows that right now nobody is a better LW than Sherk but since Sherk was found guilty you had to strip him of it and Sherk knew that it would probably happen....

But seriously, Sherk passed a LIE Detector test and it was proven that he had no knowledge of taking roids, so You people out there saying he is shooting up are complete morons, it obviously came from the thousand of suppliments he takes.....take it for what it is but I believe him, why would he take them now at this point in his career? Before a title fight? When you know your going to get tested? Please. He didn't know. and it was proven by the Lie detector test he took.....

So sit back and enjoy the show and watch Sherk win the belt all over again.....

But this is a sweet ass division and almost more exciting to watch more than the Welterweights....
KYGUY07
12/9/07 12:48:17PM
good this is the right thing to do, what kind of message would it send if they didnt strip him, even though steroids are illegal, if we like you enough you can get away with it. good move by the ufc.
Djbb
12/9/07 1:22:09PM

Posted by StevieC
He didn't know. and it was proven by the Lie detector test he took.....

Lie detector tests are actually quite easy to pass. So easy, in fact, that passing a lie detector test doesn't automatically get you off the hook in a trial. Theres numerous websites devoted to teaching you the methods. A good one is here
NatedawgThaM
12/9/07 4:05:15PM

I agree with this move and back it 100%!!! No matter if it was intentional steroid use or not. It still was in him so it's still cheating whether he likes it or not. Work your way back up and earn our respect back
Manak
12/9/07 4:17:21PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

I agree with this move and back it 100%!!! No matter if it was intentional steroid use or not. It still was in him so it's still cheating whether he likes it or not. Work your way back up and earn our respect back

sherk only lost twice and too matt hughes and GSP as a WW and broke his nose vs GSP so that y he has one fight where he was tko him and hughes went the distance, i think havin to earn ur respect isnt that high on his list but yea dana did have to strip him, (want to become like baseball) but one of his supplements did test bad and xyience has already pulled the supp till they make sure it was only one time so it wasnt sherk's fault but one UFC biggest sponsors. sux but shit happens and i dont think any one can hang with him in the LW div except for Bj Penn was the fight will happen
Pages: [1] 2