Sherk Not Stripped, But Penn-Stevenson For Interim Title On

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Sherk Not Stripped, But Penn-Stevenson For Interim Title On
DCRage
11/2/07 4:34:50PM
Dana White has decided not to strip UFC Lightweight Champion Sean Sherk of his title now, but will have BJ Penn & Joe Stevenson fight for an interim title at UFC 80.

Article
grappler0000
11/2/07 4:43:03PM
This is the only logical step until the CSAC removes their cranial-rectal interface. It can always be changed to an actual title fight, if Sherk doesn't win his appeal.
Manak
11/2/07 4:50:01PM
some resulotion is finally comin but i think this works better cau bj has only fought jens aat LW sinc dropin back down so facin stevenson will be more of a set-up since joe has been on a tear but bj is the bj so i got bj winnin
madmarck
11/2/07 4:53:48PM
it does seem like the CSAC is crapping this thing up.
At least now we will have a Legit #1 contender. Hopefully BJ so we can see him fight Sherk.
wapttn
11/2/07 5:01:28PM
looks like sherk is gonna go a full year without a payday even if he does win his appeal
chokesetterjake
11/2/07 5:01:54PM

Posted by madmarck

it does seem like the CSAC is crapping this thing up.
At least now we will have a Legit #1 contender. Hopefully BJ so we can see him fight Sherk.

i agree and i want to see that fight #1 contender or not
slappywhite
11/2/07 5:18:15PM
**** Sherk
tuvok500
11/2/07 5:19:16PM
it is only because of the delay i think , dana wanted to wait the result of the appeal but he can't wait forever, and we will have the definitive answer in 2 weeks !!

Sherk should lose his belt in 2 weeks !! and if sherk is guilty and he can keep his belt anyways, i will be stun !!!

so, i say that BJ and Stevenson will fight for the title !!

Sir_Karl
11/2/07 5:44:20PM
It could be worse....ever heard of the New York State Athletic commission?
low-blow
11/2/07 6:40:57PM
I definetly would rather see BJ and Sherk , but joe "dady" will be a great fight too, I always have to go with BJ the guys a freak of nature, untill he gets winded
jae_1833
11/2/07 6:45:54PM
Not sure about this, why not wait 2 more weeks. I mean really we alreay waited a couple of months....too little and too late.
madmarck
11/2/07 7:42:48PM

Posted by Sir_Karl

It could be worse....ever heard of the New York State Athletic commission?

Actually. No.
MALICE
11/2/07 7:44:21PM
Either way, we will get to see Penn vs Stevenson. Then we will get to see the winner vs Sherk. Both fights will be great. Oh, I almost forgot.

Posted by slappywhite
**** Sherk

I already feel smarter for reading this inspiring quote full of wisdom.
MeanGreene
11/2/07 9:27:44PM

Posted by slappywhite

**** Sherk

Ur an idiot
MALICE
11/2/07 9:34:21PM

Posted by MeanGreene

Posted by slappywhite

**** Sherk

Ur an idiot

Not as subtle as mine, but much more effective.
CornishMMA
11/3/07 1:54:57PM

Posted by grappler0000

This is the only logical step until the CSAC removes their cranial-rectal interface. It can always be changed to an actual title fight, if Sherk doesn't win his appeal.

BUT that NEEDS to happen if Sherk does fail in his appeal, if he was properly found guilty of using steroids they cant keep him as champion the whole time he serves his suspension!!!!!!!!!