Sherk vs. mayweather or sherk vs. penn?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Sherk vs. mayweather or sherk vs. penn?
mrlfromhell
8/1/07 12:21:44PM
They both would be fun to see but which one would you want to see more? I would rather see sherk vs. mayweather just to see how boxing and mma compare.
Mastodon2
8/1/07 12:33:29PM
The MMA vs boxing thing has been done to death, MMA by takedown, then sub or GnP.

Sherk versus BJ would be a great fight, but dont expect to see that one for some time since Sherk might not pass his hearing. If he passes in, then I think BJ will win a no1 contender match against Joe Daddy, then take on Sherk.

However, should Sherk fail, then he should be stripped of his title, then it should go to the winner of Joe and BJ. Thats just my opinion though.
CageThomas101
8/1/07 12:50:24PM
BJ vs Sherk would be a lot more fun to watch
Rush
8/1/07 1:09:10PM
Also, what's the point of even thinking about this now , considering Sherk might be gone for a year.
AchillesHeel
8/1/07 1:31:29PM
A Sherk-Mayweather exhibition match would be a total waste of time. If Floyd, or any other pro boxer, wants to step up, he should train for a year with an MMA gym, sign a contract and make his debut on an "Ultimate Fight Night" card like everybody else.

Mayweather would get mauled by any of ten or fifteen UFC lightweights I could name off the top of my head. I don't think he could take Jorge Gurgel or Manny Gamburyan, nevermind Sean Sherk.

Now, B.J. Penn-v-Sean Sherk is a fight I've literally been waiting years to see...
Aries2343
8/1/07 1:39:30PM
Sherk needs the title to pay his bills I dought hell be gone for long
Aether
8/1/07 1:44:50PM

Posted by Mastodon2

The MMA vs boxing thing has been done to death, MMA by takedown, then sub or GnP.

Sherk versus BJ would be a great fight, but dont expect to see that one for some time since Sherk might not pass his hearing. If he passes in, then I think BJ will win a no1 contender match against Joe Daddy, then take on Sherk.

However, should Sherk fail, then he should be stripped of his title, then it should go to the winner of Joe and BJ. Thats just my opinion though.

If he passes his appeal BJ will get a direct title shot, he won't have to fight Stevenson for contender. He was already offered the fight before the whole steroid fiasco. I think it would also be pointless because BJ and Sherk are both on a different level than Joe. Assuming Sherk's appeal is successful I say BJ - Sherk for the title, Aurelio - Stevenson for #1 contender to take on the winner. Those are some fights I would kill to see.
owen1
8/1/07 2:41:57PM
Sherk and Mayweather is obviously not gonna happen...Sherk would kill mayweather in mma and mayweather would kill sherk in boxing...there 2 different sports.
wilwith1l
8/1/07 2:47:48PM
I'm fairly confident that half the dudes I role with would destroy Pretty Boy, especially since he is 147 lbs
owen1
8/1/07 3:03:46PM

Posted by wilwith1l

I'm fairly confident that half the dudes I role with would destroy Pretty Boy, especially since he is 147 lbs

maybe in mma but it would not be easy...but if they got in a boxing ring with him im pretty sure it would be very quick highlight real knockout
.and whats with everyone talking about mayweather in mma in aint gonna happen its like sayin kobe bryant would beat reggie bush in a basketball game and the other way around
wilwith1l
8/1/07 3:27:17PM
That's why i said "dudes I role with". Not the dudes I throw with.
TheHitmanTL
8/1/07 3:45:03PM
ok first of all i highly doubt that mayweather will EVER compete in mma...hes good at boxing and he shouldnt talk ishhhh about mma...they are two different sports and cannot be compared its like saying golf is better than tennis but it doesnt matter, the boxing fans will talk shit about mma and mma fans will talk shit about boxing.....thats just how it goes. and second off sherk will maul over mayweather in seconds....mayweather throws one punch then gets taken down and gets his face beat in =) then sherk will test positve for roids and then mayweather will say that is the reason he lost....cus sherk was juiced up lol
Ultimate_fighter
8/1/07 10:12:55PM
I would love to see Sherk shut Mayweather up... give him an ass whoopin'... Mayweather thinks he is the best fighter... well lets see how good of a fighter he really is... 5 rounds with sherk would be a disaster for mayweather...
DNor
8/1/07 11:26:15PM
I think the only way a Sherk v. Mayweather fight would be interesting would be to have Twelve two minute rounds and alternate strict boxing rules in round one then round two have mma rules and so on. Only question would be the glove size, maybe they could change out boxing gloves to the 4oz pads, but it might too much time in between rounds.
Of course, I would much rather watch Sherk v. Penn.
Pitbull09
8/2/07 12:16:50AM
Gosh, if one more person brings up boxing vs mma. MMA is boxing and more so obviously it wouldnt work. I know Pen is good but I dont see how he will beat sherk with how small he is.
TOMMYAYO05
8/2/07 5:36:32PM

Posted by Aries2343

Sherk needs the title to pay his bills I dought hell be gone for long

he has no choice in the matter.