Sherk fans - How will he win?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Sherk fans - How will he win?
POLL: How will he win?
wrestling 86% (24)
striking 7% (2)
submission 7% (2)
tepid55
5/16/08 1:38:12PM
What skills do you think Sherk will use to defeat BJ Penn?
Twenty20Dollars
5/16/08 2:11:08PM
good ol' fashion ground n' pound! and bj will get a nasty cut from sherk as a souvenir.
grappler0000
5/16/08 2:17:53PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

good ol' fashion ground n' pound! and bj will get a nasty cut from sherk as a souvenir.

LOL...tell me one time that BJ has cut...hell, tell me one time that BJ even looked beat up.
nickcuc547
5/16/08 2:25:11PM
the only way sherk wins if he is plays blanket and lays on bj for 5 rounds, which is totally plausible.
TWITA
5/16/08 2:51:09PM

Agreed - GnP. Sherk will grind this out, BJ will gas and then Sherk finishes with some GnP. IMO, this fight will be very similar to the BJ/Hughes fight where Hughes wore BJ down for (almost) 3 rounds and then ultimately TKOed him with strikes.
grappler0000
5/16/08 2:54:32PM

Posted by TWITA

Agreed - GnP. Sherk will grind this out, BJ will gas and then Sherk finishes with some GnP. IMO, this fight will be very similar to the BJ/Hughes fight where Hughes wore BJ down for (almost) 3 rounds and then ultimately TKOed him with strikes.

So, you're saying that BJ didn't win the first two rounds? Please rewatch the fight.
owen1
5/16/08 2:55:06PM
IF Sherk does win it will be by a late stoppage or grinding out the decision
GrandMaster313
5/16/08 3:18:18PM
i think a lot of people are underestimating B.J. I think Sherk will get him on his back and GNP for a few rounds after BJ takes Rnd 1 then he will get caught in a triangle or armbar. Sherk has a tendancy to leave himself open .

BJ by Triangle 3rd round

If not................ Sherk by TKO round 1 or 2
jiujitsufreak74
5/16/08 3:20:34PM
Sherk will use Wimp Lo's mighty face to foot style...

He will be bleeding...making him the victor

Wimp Lo
grappler0000
5/16/08 3:30:42PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Wimp Lo

LOL! I think Sherk may go for an armlock...the one where he traps BJ's arm around his neck and pinches it between his chin and chest til' BJ gives up.
kaskd
5/16/08 3:52:15PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Wimp Lo

LOL! I think Sherk may go for an armlock...the one where he traps BJ's arm around his neck and pinches it between his chin and chest til' BJ gives up.

hahaha. would prop you but says i gotta spread the love.

Seriously though, it's obvious how easily Sherk can win this. BJ just misses his flight.
holt8081
5/16/08 4:15:13PM
Bj will trip and fall on the way to the ring breaking his leg and sherk will win by defalt. cuz thats the only way he can win.
Raykill
5/16/08 4:27:11PM

Posted by holt8081

Bj will trip and fall on the way to the ring breaking his leg and sherk will win by defalt. cuz thats the only way he can win.

Yea but even if that happens he still is going to have to slam some juice real quick just to get the default win.
Twenty20Dollars
5/16/08 4:30:14PM
im not underestimating Bj, i just really want Sherk to win.

and as far as bj never being beaten up or cut in a fight.. there is always a first time for everything! haha
holt8081
5/16/08 4:33:11PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by TWITA

So, you're saying that BJ didn't win the first two rounds? Please rewatch the fight.

He was also beating GSP until he gased, but he as been working on that and Hes not going to gas.
TWITA
5/16/08 4:40:03PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by TWITA

Not punking BJ - it's a fact that dude gasses in fights. It's also a fact that Sherk is a cardio monster. IMO, Sherk grinds this out until BJ gasses and then GnP's him. However, if BJ is in great shape, he takes this fight. I'll make my pick after I see the weigh-ins next week.
grappler0000
5/16/08 5:13:59PM

Posted by TWITA

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by TWITA

Not punking BJ - it's a fact that dude gasses in fights. It's also a fact that Sherk is a cardio monster. IMO, Sherk grinds this out until BJ gasses and then GnP's him. However, if BJ is in great shape, he takes this fight. I'll make my pick after I see the weigh-ins next week.

I'm not arguing whether BJ has gassed in previous fights...it's a fact that he has. The point I was trying to make is that by saying that Hughes wore him down for the first two rounds is insinuating that Hughes was winnning the fight before the 3rd...and that wasn't the case.
gimmper
5/16/08 8:28:23PM
BJ has what I call a natural ability...he's not a prodigy but very talented and that has been a downfall in a few of his fights....Shrek on the other hand is a worker he has heart...the question is do they have respect for each other? I know they talk trash but do they have a deep rooted respect? If they do Shrek will win he will outwork BJ (Sub.)....if there is no respect expect a short fight once again Shrek (GnP)...
Pitbull09
5/17/08 1:36:25AM

im not underestimating Bj, i just really want Sherk to win.

and as far as bj never being beaten up or cut in a fight.. there is always a first time for everything! haha

No one saw Hughes/Penn 2? Hughes beat Penns face in pretty hard without him able to defend himself. All he could do is close his eyes and wait for the ref to stop Hughes fist from meeting Penns face.

Anyways either Penn by 2nd or Sherk by Decision. I still stand by that..
thatfedorsohotrightnow
5/17/08 1:59:13AM
Shrek will win when BJ can no longer continue due to breaking both hands and both feet on Shrek's super dense steroid enhanced bones. This will set up an epic rematch where BJ only uses JJ to win the LW Title. Shrek will get 2 title defenses in before the rematch waiting for BJ to heal.

PS I didn't vote.
Pookie
5/17/08 2:25:53AM
stone cold steve austin interferes in the match, allowing sherk to hit bj with a steel chair while the refs not looking.
89vision
5/17/08 2:51:55AM

Posted by Pookie

stone cold steve austin interferes in the match, allowing sherk to hit bj with a steel chair while the refs not looking.

Owen Hart falls off the rafters onto BJ killing him in the middle of the RNC
chubbud22
5/17/08 3:22:39AM

Posted by gimmper

BJ has what I call a natural ability...he's not a prodigy but very talented and that has been a downfall in a few of his fights....Shrek on the other hand is a worker he has heart...the question is do they have respect for each other? I know they talk trash but do they have a deep rooted respect? If they do Shrek will win he will outwork BJ (Sub.)....if there is no respect expect a short fight once again Shrek (GnP)...

He is the prodigy it says so in his name
Bowen50
5/17/08 11:38:38AM

Posted by gimmper

BJ has what I call a natural ability...he's not a prodigy but very talented and that has been a downfall in a few of his fights....Shrek on the other hand is a worker he has heart.

i agree Sherk has a really big heart....only because its enlarged from all the steroids

BJ Wins by 2nd Round Submission
GrandMaster313
5/17/08 1:53:57PM

Posted by 89vision

Posted by Pookie

Owen Hart falls off the rafters onto BJ killing him in the middle of the RNC

Sting turns the lights out and appears in the octagon when the lights turn back on with a bat !
RedCloud
5/17/08 1:59:45PM
KoKo B Ware and Jimmy Supafly Snuka help Sherk triple team him, toss him out of the Octagon, and by Royal Rumble Law- BJ Penn loses.
bigbubbano23
5/18/08 1:01:17AM
if he survives the first two he's set.
fonduktoe
5/19/08 8:56:27PM
maybe if he accidentally knocks bj out while trying to tap
JimiMak
5/19/08 10:46:26PM

Posted by fonduktoe

maybe if he accidentally knocks bj out while trying to tap

rofl, great comment. Anyone who thinks that Sherks chances are better than a freak injury is ...trying not to get out of line..... simply imagining things. He has absolutely NO SHOT!

you ppl crack me up.
decken
5/20/08 10:19:09AM
Where is the won't win button?