Sherdog= bad mma forum?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Sherdog= bad mma forum?
KeNn
1/23/08 5:17:23PM
Wow, I tried to go to sherdog to share some advice with some fellow fighters.

I definitely got flamed instantly, and it was quality advice. It seems like 75% of sherdog are karate kids, or idiots. and the next 25% are knowledgeable MMA fighters.

Iol MMAPlayground...is the shit. Keep it up...Most people here know their shit, and it's nice to see.
Pookie
1/23/08 5:22:25PM
lol i think its actually that those who are the karate kids and idiots(ME! ME!) know when to keep quiet on this forum.
sillysnail
1/23/08 5:22:32PM
sherdog is the worst mma site in the world imho. its funny you mention this cuz i just had a discussion with my roommate about forums and how much smarter smaller forums like mmaplayground are. i cant stand sherdog. i think their rankings are kinda garbage and extremely biased. their forums are teeming with elitist pricks that offer almost no knowledgeable insight.
KeNn
1/23/08 5:32:05PM
Yeah, MMA Playground gets less response, but very effective responses.

lol the reason I got flamed is because I said Karate would NOT help your striking game and in fact possibly create bad habbits, such as stance, and that your hands might be dropped. Which would worsen your game.

and I got responses LIKE CRAZY ASIAN KARATE KIDS, "KARATE IS BETTER THEN MUAY THAI"....etc...

I actually just laughed, but they were calling me every name in the book because I gave them an educated opinion and something they didn't want to hear.

Personally I think it's just full of 12yr old kids, or wannabe fighters.
I know theres lots of fans, but on professional matters "fans" don't have as strong opinions as fighters, because they haven't experienced it.

I'm in no position to speak though, because my cousin doesn't fight...and He tells me stuff that tightens my game, mainly because he almost examines fights to que lol...
sillysnail
1/23/08 6:03:27PM

Posted by KeNn

Yeah, MMA Playground gets less response, but very effective responses.

lol the reason I got flamed is because I said Karate would NOT help your striking game and in fact possibly create bad habbits, such as stance, and that your hands might be dropped. Which would worsen your game.

and I got responses LIKE CRAZY ASIAN KARATE KIDS, "KARATE IS BETTER THEN MUAY THAI"....etc...

I actually just laughed, but they were calling me every name in the book because I gave them an educated opinion and something they didn't want to hear.

Personally I think it's just full of 12yr old kids, or wannabe fighters.
I know theres lots of fans, but on professional matters "fans" don't have as strong opinions as fighters, because they haven't experienced it.

I'm in no position to speak though, because my cousin doesn't fight...and He tells me stuff that tightens my game, mainly because he almost examines fights to que lol...

yet another example of why sherdog forums are full of idiots. look at the last decade of mma and what fighting styles have become really popular and proven to be effective. karate is not one of them. you can't argue with results, and the fact that those idiots over at sherdog do is just comical.

the slow activity here on mmaplayground is sometimes discouraging, especially since im the kind of person that likes to argue. however, you get people who for the most part know what they're talking and provide useful insight.
killjoy
1/23/08 6:06:53PM
sherdog is terrible, i like how there arnt many rules but at the same time that attracts alot of new fans with no understanding of the sport or nutthuggers on a rampage to bash everyone else
Gipper
1/23/08 6:11:58PM

Posted by KeNn

I definitely got flamed instantly, and it was quality advice. It seems like 75% of sherdog are karate kids, or idiots. and the next 25% are knowledgeable MMA fighters.

Iol MMAPlayground...is the shit. Keep it up...Most people here know their shit, and it's nice to see.

i hear ya dude.
loonytnt
1/23/08 6:38:29PM
mmaplayground=best imo
candynuts
1/23/08 6:41:57PM
Im not a 12 year old, but I think Sherdog is cool.
However..
Overall
MMaplayground > Sherdog.

The Sherdog OT is badass. I have to act like an ass sometimes, and sherdog is definately the place to do it.
Styles
1/23/08 6:49:18PM
65% of the members on Sherdog are complete dubmass's.... That is about all there is too it!!!
Manfred
1/23/08 7:48:35PM
Sherdog is probably the worst forum out there. The mods need to do their jobs. Any decent thread about a real subject gets overrun with childish wisecracks in 4.3 seconds
Pookie
1/23/08 7:57:14PM

Posted by Manfred

Sherdog is probably the worst forum out there. The mods need to do their jobs. Any decent thread about a real subject gets overrun with childish wisecracks in 4.3 seconds

your mom gets overrun by childish wisecracks in 4.3 seconds...

lol i couldnt resist was just playing though
KeNn
1/23/08 7:59:17PM
Yeah, I posted a plyometric workout thread...that got closed.

I had comments like "YOU THINK YOUR GENIOUS? I PUMP 400LBS, HOW CAN YOUR BODY WEIGHT BEAT THAT".....

LIKE EVERYONE,
but out of 20 comments, I had the obiously more experienced users agree.

I just got so sick of arguing with those idiots, and was wondering if you guys had the same problems...lol I see everyone does.
Kracker_Jap
1/23/08 7:59:40PM
Whats amazing is MMAPLAYGROUND is greater than Sher*****

But this site is so well run that this thread will be deleted soon the mods here do there job
Kracker_Jap
1/23/08 8:01:28PM

Posted by KeNn

Your a member of the right fight team if you don't like sherdog
ChokeUout
1/23/08 10:06:39PM
lol....someone should post a link of this thread over at sherdog
sillysnail
1/23/08 11:02:22PM
they'd just talk crap about how small and insignificant mmaplayground is. not that it matters anyway considering how little credibility those clowns there have.
madmarck
1/23/08 11:41:10PM

Posted by loonytnt

mmaplayground=best imo

Your Wrong
D0wnUnd6e6r
1/23/08 11:42:33PM
Sherdog= bad mma forum?

yes, yes it is good sir.
Pitbull09
1/24/08 12:30:31AM
Im glad to say I started using forums here and never tried sherdog. I was never really into forums on the net until I found this site, you get so much educated opinions and learn a lot. There may be less posts but you dont usually get stupid replies either and everyone I have argued with on here has honestly given great points for their side and earns my respect to this forums.

I hope mmaplayground never gets to the point of what sherdog is. Someone posted a link on here of why they think sherdog sucks and it was a completely off topic thread about some model and a picture of her. It seemed like no one cared that it had nothing to do with MMA and either rambled of how hot she was or saying something stupid as if they never read the topic to begin with. I truly want to find some trolls in real life and see what their life composes of as they are the least productive ***** on the internet.

KeNn
1/24/08 12:36:11AM
I hate how we're so small, but i mean sherdog...god man ****..I can't stand it
mrsmiley
1/24/08 6:37:02AM

Posted by ChokeUout

lol....someone should post a link of this thread over at sherdog

fullerene
1/24/08 8:26:01AM
Sherdog has as many good posters as any other site, but it has 10x the number of bad posters and they tend to take over any threads.

The moderators on this site are very good and the bad posts tend to get flamed/drowned which is what happens too often tot he good posts on Sherdog. Sherdog is the site that would benefit the most from soild, consistent moderation but their vetting process for mods is terrible and they are reflective of the unknowledgable, opinionated posters on the site.
Jimbo
1/25/08 1:23:40AM
I like sherdog but not for its MMA forums lol. i usually read Mayberry or War room and sometimes OT. The MMA parts do have a lot of dick heads that post studpid stuff but the the other parts usually have something good to read. You have to learn how to not give a shit about the bad posts and just roll with it.