KungFuMaster
11/4/11 12:15:53AM
Feast your eyes on my 2 accolades.
Twenty20Dollars
11/4/11 12:18:40AM
I've always wondering why it says " (click) "
KungFuMaster
11/4/11 12:20:13AM
Now that you mention it, I see it too. I never noticed it before.
Chael_Sonnen
11/4/11 1:22:26AM

Posted by KungFuMaster

Meh, I have 4
Kpro
11/4/11 1:46:19AM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by KungFuMaster

Meh, I have 4

You'll probably tap when you get your 5th.

prophecy033
11/4/11 2:08:14AM

Posted by Kpro

Shawn91111
11/4/11 6:51:23AM
You only really have 1, the SHW division shouldn't get one.
Budgellism
11/4/11 9:41:34AM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by KungFuMaster

Meh, I have 4

AHAHAHA. Well played Kpro
KungFuMaster
11/4/11 1:07:24PM
Where is the comeback, Chael_Sonnen?
Pookie
11/4/11 6:39:47PM

Posted by Shawn91111

You only really have 1, the SHW division shouldn't get one.

hey! i take offense.
Kpro
11/4/11 7:07:09PM
It actually would be nice to have more than 2 SHW camps. With how many people are signing up lately, if someone or a few people who have been here for a while started one or two or three and they all started recruiting the newcomers to the site, it would greatly increase the chance that the noobs keep coming back and becoming a part of the PG and venture into the forums. And there are enough people not in camps missing out on the entire fight camp discussion experience and camp-specific side games, etc. That and SHW would no longer be a coinflip for a badge.
KungFuMaster
11/4/11 9:05:55PM

Posted by Kpro

It actually would be nice to have more than 2 SHW camps. With how many people are signing up lately, if someone or a few people who have been here for a while started one or two or three and they all started recruiting the newcomers to the site, it would greatly increase the chance that the noobs keep coming back and becoming a part of the PG and venture into the forums. And there are enough people not in camps missing out on the entire fight camp discussion experience and camp-specific side games, etc. That and SHW would no longer be a coinflip for a badge.

Being in a larger camp does have its advantages and disadvantages. We have less opponents compared to the other divisions which makes winning first place more feasible. However, if you think about it - the larger the camp - the harder it is to have a good run and pull away from the other large camp. Unlike ECP, if your smaller camp has a good run, you can actually pull away or if your opponent has a bad run, you can actually pull away. We can't do that against Bloody Elbow. Whether we have a good run or not, it will be a close race all the way to the end and the winner will only be separated by a few points.

In the smaller camps, the gap between 1st place and last place is probably huge. In small camps, each member's points weigh more whereas in larger camps, each member's points weigh less and will continue to weigh less as the camp becomes larger.

I guess what I am trying to say is: We have more members but we are earning less per member which translates to us having to work more as a team. For smaller camps, you are earning more per member and the smaller the camp becomes the more impact a single member can make.

If ECP took first place, it is because everyone played a vital part. If a smaller camp took first place, you can say the camp did well as a team or you can even say so and so in our camp helped us tremendously by making very good picks and wagers.
Kpro
11/4/11 9:35:18PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

I guess what I am trying to say is: We have more members but we are earning less per member which translates to us having to work more as a team. For smaller camps, you are earning more per member and the smaller the camp becomes the more impact a single member can make.

If ECP took first place, it is because everyone played a vital part. If a smaller camp took first place, you can say the camp did well as a team or you can even say so and so in our camp helped us tremendously by making very good picks and wagers.

For everything that you just said regarding a smaller camp and one person having an awesome season, it is refuted with the fact that in a small camp, if one person bombs all season it takes you out of the running where in a huge camp the individual picks, wagers, and percentages are diluted. A SHW camp could end the season with every single one of their members at $0 but if you beat out the only one other SHW camp by 0.1 point and 0.1% for the season, even if they averaged $10,000 per event, you'd get the badge. You basically just made the argument of it being harder as a smaller camp while trying to state the opposite.

It's basically fact that where advantages and disadvantages come immensely into play when comparing divisions is dependent on the number of camps in each division. It's just the way the rankings work.
Kpro
11/4/11 10:18:55PM
To expound on my last post for those that are more of the visual type or haven't been in camps in smaller divisions before, so don't understand the rankings well, go look in the LW rankings at Paddy's Pub Fight Club.or Skrap Pack. Out of 135 LW camps, Paddy's is 2nd in points, and Skrap Pack is 1st. Paddy's is 4th in pick %, and Skrap Pack is 3rd. They're doing excellent at picking winners and outcomes considering there's an insane 135 camps in the division. But neither team is even ranked in the Top 10 at LW because they're competing against over a hundred other camps in wagers and the rankings essentially use a "golf score" format combining the 3 categories to determine rankings.

In a 135 team division; 1st in points, 1st in %, 62nd in wagers loses to 21st in points, 21st in %, 21st in wagers.

You can be #1 in 2 of the 3 categories in a 135 fight camp division and lose to a team that isn't top 20 in any of the three categories.

Hopefully now you have a better understanding of how the rankings work and can see that SHW is not at all a hard division AS compared to the smaller divisions

KungFuMaster
11/4/11 11:39:12PM
Hehe....I was hoping you did not pick up on that.

But on a serious note: Either way you look at it, all the scores are averaged out for every camp. Whether you are part of a small camp or a large camp, every member has an equally positive and negative affect on his camp with respect to his team mates. So the bottom line is all camps need to win as teams and not as individuals.
JuggaloWarrior878
11/5/11 2:44:57AM
in the opinion of myself camp badges, news badges, video badgess, and post badges arent impressive. time for the hate
prophecy033
11/5/11 6:45:26AM

Posted by JuggaloWarrior878

in the opinion of myself camp badges, news badges, video badgess, and post badges arent impressive. time for the hate

you do realize he's joking around, don't you?
Shawn91111
11/5/11 7:48:41AM

Posted by JuggaloWarrior878

Just the camp badges, it is why anyone in a fight camp competes for it.
Shawn91111
11/5/11 7:51:09AM

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by Kpro

Being in a larger camp does have its advantages and disadvantages. We have less opponents compared to the other divisions which makes winning first place more feasible. However, if you think about it - the larger the camp - the harder it is to have a good run and pull away from the other large camp. Unlike ECP, if your smaller camp has a good run, you can actually pull away or if your opponent has a bad run, you can actually pull away. We can't do that against Bloody Elbow. Whether we have a good run or not, it will be a close race all the way to the end and the winner will only be separated by a few points.

In the smaller camps, the gap between 1st place and last place is probably huge. In small camps, each member's points weigh more whereas in larger camps, each member's points weigh less and will continue to weigh less as the camp becomes larger.

Not even close, its one reason as I said before why ECP ran to the SHW division
Franklinfan47
11/5/11 11:39:50AM

Posted by Shawn91111

Ya, thats what we did

Shawn91111
11/5/11 6:08:09PM

Posted by Franklinfan47

Posted by Shawn91111

Ya, thats what we did

Well, you joined their camp after they already ran to the SHW division so you wouldnt really know
prophecy033
11/6/11 4:24:17PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Franklinfan47

Posted by Shawn91111

Ya, thats what we did

Well, you joined their camp after they already ran to the SHW division so you wouldnt really know

you don't either there Shawn. Pure speculation on your part. Maybe you should just keep your mouth shut about our camp. You're the only one that seems to have a problem, let's us all know were on your mind
DoTheMMAth
11/6/11 4:34:59PM
Play nice ladies. Or I will add more useless "Click" icons to other places other than the Accolades bar!
Shawn91111
11/6/11 7:09:13PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Franklinfan47

Posted by Shawn91111

Ya, thats what we did

you don't either there Shawn. Pure speculation on your part. Maybe you should just keep your mouth shut about our camp. You're the only one that seems to have a problem, let's us all know were on your mind

You take things too seriously man.
VILLIN
11/7/11 6:59:23AM

Posted by Shawn91111

That applies equally to yourself. There is nothing wrong with some good natured ribbing now and then but when a person constantly puts down a camp (like you do) at every opportunity it just means you're being a dick. I know you have some history with ECP but you have moved on to a different camp, don't you think it is about time you left the bad attitude behind you as well?

The SHW division had one camp before ECP moved up, would you rather see a camp win an accolade by default for being the only camp in the division or see two camps compete for the top spot?
jjeans
11/7/11 9:19:29AM
Shawn91111
11/7/11 6:34:11PM

Posted by VILLIN

Posted by Shawn91111

That applies equally to yourself. There is nothing wrong with some good natured ribbing now and then but when a person constantly puts down a camp (like you do) at every opportunity it just means you're being a dick. I know you have some history with ECP but you have moved on to a different camp, don't you think it is about time you left the bad attitude behind you as well?

The SHW division had one camp before ECP moved up, would you rather see a camp win an accolade by default for being the only camp in the division or see two camps compete for the top spot?

Well he did make a call out thread and I didnt take that too seriously so all the good natured ribbing I am all for it. It doesnt make someone a "dick" to rib other camps, its whats stated right on the front of the Fight Camp Central forum. You keep chalking it up to a bad attitude but it seems you guys are getting hurt over it, not me. If Tuvok was allowed to post Id rib his camp as well.

Did that 1 camp gloat they won a badge for being the only camp in the SHW division?