Shaw's Son Responds To Jeff Monson Calling Out Kimbo Slice

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Shaw's Son Responds To Jeff Monson Calling Out Kimbo Slice
Porch28
6/24/08 9:27:29PM
Shaw Responds To Jeff Monson Calling Out Kimbo SliceDoing his best Brett Rogers impersonation, Jeff Monson recently released a video calling out Kimbo Slice. Monson decided to go the video route because as he put it, "I know the (explitive) doesn't read."

LINK
aaa9erh8er
6/24/08 9:30:49PM
wow i dont agree with bashing kimbo like that but i do think he would get owned by monson. jeffs ground game is awsome and kimbos is well not
WAR SNOWMAN
grappler0000
6/24/08 9:42:53PM
String some wins together? LOL, like JT or Tank did? Monson may have lost 3 out his last five, but those losses are to Barnett, Rizzo, and Sylvia...and before Sylvia, he won 16 straight. I think I dislike Lil Shaw even more than Big Shaw.
wolfman
6/24/08 9:49:55PM

Posted by grappler0000

String some wins together? LOL, like JT or Tank did? Monson may have lost 3 out his last five, but those losses are to Barnett, Rizzo, and Sylvia...and before Sylvia, he won 16 straight. I think I dislike Lil Shaw even more than Big Shaw.

Good post, couldn't have said it better myself.
The-Don
6/24/08 10:01:49PM

Posted by grappler0000

It just shows that the Shaws are trying to pamper Kimbo I am just shocked they are letting Kimbo fight Rogers... and supposedly there was an open letter does anyone have a link to it .. I would like to see it... I think the snowman would mess up Kimbo more then rogers.. either way though Kimbo is going to lose.

What would be Funny if Trump and Affliction buy Kimbo out from under EliteXC and then put him in the ring with Big Tim after Tim loses to Fedor.. Let Tim take out some aggression on Kimbo...
Twenty20Dollars
6/24/08 10:02:00PM
does shaw have any room to talk since his days are suppose to be numbered at elitexc. shaw can't protect his baby kimbo.
Porch28
6/24/08 10:07:05PM
Not to mention 5'9 Monson went the distance with 6'8 Sylvia
DevonFoxy
6/24/08 10:08:20PM
Can anyone imagine this staredown.........no offense but those are two ugly dudes with bad intentions for the other.
EliasG
6/24/08 10:47:55PM
white power v. streets?

I think monson would merck kimbo but I also think I'd rather poke myself in the eye than watch monson fight tim sylvia again.

Anyone get the feeling that some of those cover up tattoos cover up swastikas?
Sam_Rothstein
6/24/08 11:00:17PM
Shaw is a douchebag, but he is intelligent. He wants to bring in big name fighters who match up great with his fighters (noons, kimbo)

Its a horrible 4th fight for kimbo style wise and the shaws know this. No matter how many angry web blogs monson posts this fight will not happen.
Manfred
6/24/08 11:52:09PM
I thought Monson's video was pretty disrespectful. He would destroy Kimbo, but to me it seemed like he's just looking for a payday. So much for your hatred of capitalism, huh Jeff?
roadking95th
6/24/08 11:57:56PM
That's hillarious! Shaw was just on Inside MMA the other week saying you don't call out Kimbo because if you do, he is going to fight you. That it was a "street" thing. Get rid of this a@# monkey!
Mchubb316
6/25/08 1:09:50AM
Seems like everyon is calling out Kimbo. Who is gonna be the one who dethrones the street fighting legend, and MMA superstar. Why not, call him out, you know you will get paid. Kimbo has some work to do before he gets in there with someone with the skills as Monson. Get some more tune up fights, and bring Kimbo along slowly, but for gods sake, quit calling him an MMA superstar.
ChokeUout
6/25/08 1:13:23AM

Posted by grappler0000

Exactly. Little Shaw left out the fact that JT and Tank are a combined 3-17 in their last handful of fights. I'm surprized they're letting Rodgers fight Kimbo. I would have thought they'd try to set up Kimbo/Cantrell 2 or some bogus crap like that.
Sam_Rothstein
6/25/08 1:16:52AM

Posted by Manfred

I thought Monson's video was pretty disrespectful. He would destroy Kimbo, but to me it seemed like he's just looking for a payday. So much for your hatred of capitalism, huh Jeff?

Yeah I agree. The video was in horrible taste. I could understand if Kimbo was barking at everyone and making horrible claims like he would knock out fedor.

It just seems to me that everyone is bashing Kimbo. From veteran mma fans to champions of the sport. Why? Almost every interview of his ive read he has came off very humble.

He cant help it that people are expecting big things from him. He can't help it espn wants to put him on the cover of a magazine and interview him for their shows. Its not his fault cbs wants to put him in commercials and headline a live mma show with him. It definately wasnt his fault that 5 million people turned on the thing just to watch him
roman
6/25/08 2:02:10AM
i Agree, you shouldn't call out Kimbo, he's green and anyone who does call him out is just being jealous. Any one of us would take the road he is taking. Kimbo is not a top notch fighter yet, and Monson would destroy him. But the Shaws are getting on my nerves more then Dana is.

JUST SHUT UP LET WHAT HAPPENS HAPPEN AND PUT ON SOME GOOD FIGHTS. When you say Monson needs to get some wins to fight Kimbo is retarded.

The promoters are making me sick. Stop all the drama, Elite XC is pissing me off. First letting Diaz in the ring, causing that gayness and now they are not even fighting. JUST MAKE THE SPORT LOOK BAD! GOD.

Leave Kimbo alone. And for the promoters; SHUT UP AND MAKE SOME GOOD FIGHTS< STOP KILLING THE SPORT BEFORE IT IS BORN
telnights
6/25/08 3:29:28AM

Posted by grappler0000

a 100%. I will be so happy when the Kimbo ride comes crashing down to earth and maybe then some people will see how full of it the Shaws and EXC are. Because the longer they stay in control the worse they make MMA look in the eyes of the public and all the hard work others have put in is slowly going down the drain because of the two idiots.
Matimus
6/25/08 1:18:49PM
Monson is too good for kimbo to fight

Shaw will have him fight Dustin "screech powers" Diamond after his next bout

you watch, its gonna happen.
jocka
6/25/08 2:20:32PM

Posted by Matimus

Monson is too good for kimbo to fight

Shaw will have him fight Dustin "screech powers" Diamond after his next bout

you watch, its gonna happen.

MaxOne
6/25/08 2:27:59PM

Posted by Sam_Rothstein

Shaw is a douchebag, but he is intelligent. He wants to bring in big name fighters who match up great with his fighters (noons, kimbo)

Its a horrible 4th fight for kimbo style wise and the shaws know this. No matter how many angry web blogs monson posts this fight will not happen.

Word up!