Shaw To Monson: "Get Some Wins Before You Call Out Kimbo"

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Shaw To Monson: "Get Some Wins Before You Call Out Kimbo"
MMAcca
6/28/08 10:19:08AM
Doing his best Brett Rogers impersonation, Jeff Monson recently released a video calling out Kimbo Slice. Monson decided to go the video route because as he put it, "I know the (explitive) doesn't read."

During the video tirade, Monson called on EliteXC President Gary Shaw to make the match up between he and Kimbo; today the younger Shaw, EliteXC Vice President and matchmaker Jared Shaw responds:

LINK
pdanke
6/28/08 10:25:08AM
Sounds like he's Monsoned out in the middle of nowhere.
Wolfenstein
6/28/08 10:29:39AM
"Get some wins before you call out Kimbo" umm wasn't Jame's Thompson on a two fight losing streak and 1-4 in his last five? Monson is 2-3 in his last five, so seems to me it would be a step up.
silverbullet
6/28/08 10:33:58AM
i'm not even going to try to wrap my mind about this one
MMAcca
6/28/08 10:34:28AM
And Monson would DESTROY Kimbo inside 1 minute
D0wnUnd6e6r
6/28/08 10:45:05AM
Wow, I can't believe THAT is Shaw's excuse to refuse the challenge on Kimbo's behalf. So basically :

Posted by silverbullet

i'm not even going to try to wrap my mind about this one

nickcuc547
6/28/08 11:43:16AM
monson has more wins now than kimbo will ever have, plus monson would choke kimbo out in the first round.
prozacnation1978
6/28/08 12:11:11PM
the nerve to say that look at who kimbo has been fighting, the shaw's have no class at all, go back to boxing
SPARX
6/28/08 12:52:54PM
lol come on shaw come up with a better excuse than that
The-Don
6/28/08 1:43:02PM
They would not sacrfice Kimbo to someone like Monson... he is not the marketable guy they wnat to kick Kimbo t o the curb for.. .. Its part of the reason the Brett Rogers deal is not set yet.. they are not ready for Kimbo to lose.. More then likely Elite XC will Get someone like Ortiz maybe give Kimbo another fight with another can one less dangerous then Thompson was and then feed kimbo to Ortiz and make Ortiz thier new hero.. personally I would rather see Ortiz sign with affliction...
They should let Kimbo get a year off to do nothing but train and see if he can actually get better.. but that is not going to happen the SHaws want to make as much money off him as possible.. before he is destroyed in the ring
Porch28
6/28/08 2:05:33PM
They should just put all his fights on the untelevised portion of their shows like they do with every newby. Then when he's ready put him on prime time.
IriShame
6/28/08 2:06:54PM
This is just ridiculous.
dust
6/28/08 2:17:28PM
Shaw isn't stupid which is why he'll NEVER sign Monson to fight Kimbo. It would be a molestation.
bullettdodger
6/28/08 3:10:07PM

Posted by dust

Shaw isn't stupid which is why he'll NEVER sign Monson to fight Kimbo. It would be a molestation.

molestation.... props to you
Pookie
6/28/08 3:18:13PM
a 4 year old could rebuttal this.
CornishMMA
6/28/08 3:39:43PM

Posted by Pookie

a 4 year old could rebuttal this.

I will shout out of my window for one to see ........ hang on ....... its a bog eyed inbred retard 4 year old called Benji, but he is now going to be smarter than Shaw, here he is "ummmmmm but 24 wins is more than 3 wins durrrrrgghhhhh" ........ well done kid

But at all the ppl that say Dana talks crap, he is being seriously outdone here! I dont blame him at all for now wanting Monson to fight him cos even he knows he would tap Kimbo quicksmart but to come out and say the most retarded thing ever is going a bit far and Gary Shaw will always be a complete joke to me now (he already was mind)
lordicast
6/28/08 8:18:17PM
they should put the Shaw's in the sunday comics strip. so i can have a gigglle when im drinking my coffee inthe mourning
whardin19
6/28/08 8:30:09PM
Ha ha!!! Are you kidding me? Shaw tells Monson to get some wins before calling out Kimbo? Wasn't Thompson on a 2 fight losing streak before he fought Kimbo? Although I think Monson's call out of Kimbo is retarted. Shaws comeback was just as retarted. Maybe they should bring Monson in for one fight against Bigfoot Silva. So we can see Monson get beat up. LOL! Don't worry Kimbo doesn't have to face Monson to lose. He's going to get beat soon unless they keep giving him tools.
Sir_Karl
6/28/08 9:16:03PM
Shaw is either delusional or knows what would happen in a Kimbo vs. Monson match.
Monson takes Kimbo down and lays a serious beating on him before eventually submitting him.
Monson is 10 times the fighter James Thompson is.....and we know what happened on the ground between him and Kimbo.
Maybe it's Kimbo who should have more wins....and against credible opponents...before he headlines on CBS again.
Gary Shaw is exceptionally great for one thing....comedic value.
I am always surprised by his comments....although at this point I should expect it.
Enough ranting for now.......
silverbullet
6/28/08 9:17:11PM
Monson will KTFO Kimbo standing, and he will murder him on the ground.
Figsak
6/28/08 9:54:51PM

Posted by whardin19

Ha ha!!! Are you kidding me? Shaw tells Monson to get some wins before calling out Kimbo? Wasn't Thompson on a 2 fight losing streak before he fought Kimbo? Although I think Monson's call out of Kimbo is retarted. Shaws comeback was just as retarted. Maybe they should bring Monson in for one fight against Bigfoot Silva. So we can see Monson get beat up. LOL! Don't worry Kimbo doesn't have to face Monson to lose. He's going to get beat soon unless they keep giving him tools.

Think you missed the big picture, Thompson lost 6 of his last 8 coming into that fight :P
PaleHorse
6/29/08 12:03:48AM

Posted by silverbullet

Monson will KTFO Kimbo standing, and he will murder him on the ground.

Dunno about standing, but agree with ground.
Darnok
7/1/08 12:01:55PM
What I got out of that was that Shaw doesn't know who Monson is and thought he would just say something cool.
poll77
7/17/08 11:17:17PM
shaw is an idiot basically