Share The Story of Anderson Silva's First Shot at UFC Glory

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Share The Story of Anderson Silva's First Shot at UFC Glory
sclasclemski
5/12/10 9:10:14PM
Link

Thought this was a neat story if you haven't already caught it.
BlueSkiesBurn
5/12/10 11:35:16PM
That is pretty cool. I am going to prop you for this as soon as my 24 hour period expires.
TheBestEVER
5/13/10 12:27:06AM
Crazy to think about how things would have went down if he came into the UFC at 170 at that time.
BlueSkiesBurn
5/13/10 12:31:55AM
I gotta be honest, Anderson's best work thus far, IMO, has been in the octagon.
seanfu
5/13/10 12:54:37AM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

I gotta be honest, Anderson's best work thus far, IMO, has been in the octagon.

except he was NOTHING compared to now. Or even his UFC debut
BlueSkiesBurn
5/13/10 12:57:19AM
That's more or less what I was saying. I don't think his Pride resume is nearly as spectacular as his UFC resume. Losing to Ryo Chonan via the coolest submission ever will taint that.
BustedKnuckle
5/18/10 6:46:45PM
And remeber he isnt done yet. If he cleans out the division and goes up to 205!!?? I think if he fights at 205 again it should only happen if it is a title fight. No more smashing gatekeepers at 205. And why derail an up and comer? I have to side with Anderson in any fight. Flat out. The HW thing would be a bit to crazy for my liking......but who knows? Crazy match ups depending on who the champ would be?
lohmann
5/18/10 8:55:38PM
It is weird (to me) how people do not realize that one can argue that Anderson Silva's single greatest victory is over Hayato Sakurai and how, after that, a lot of reputable journalists put him ahead of Hughes in the welterweight rankings.

If he moves up to 205 and wins the title, he would (once again to me) be the undisputed GOAT, capturing glory in three separate weight classes.