Share Post-Hangover Thoughts - Strikeforce: Heavy Artillery Shows Lack of Growth in Production Values

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Share Post-Hangover Thoughts - Strikeforce: Heavy Artillery Shows Lack of Growth in Production Values
sclasclemski
5/16/10 3:48:38PM
I thought this article was pretty interesting and it made me wonder...because I didn't feel Arlovski had won any round and I wonder if the announcing team did have anything to do with that?

Link
bojangalz
5/17/10 1:13:45AM
The biggest shame of all of this is the fact that strikeforce aren't even to blame for all of the glaring deficiencies in their product. I've got a feeling that if Mike Afromowitz and Scott Coker were allowed to run the show like they did before signing on with CBS/Showtime than we'd have far less to complain about.

The fact is 100% of the production (including what fights wind up on the main card) is at the sole discretion of Ken Hirschman and the showtime production crew. There really isn't a good reason why Strikeforce has to suck this bad. They've got enough talent to at least make the matches interesting. But the fact that Showtime controls how and who we see kills any momentum that Strikeforce tried to build.

Lyle Beerbohm is one fight away from a title shot and he's yet to get a televised fight under the strikeforce banner. It's just another shining example of how much showtime sucks at promoting MMA.