Shannon Gugerty: You will know me after UFC 90 win

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Shannon Gugerty: You will know me after UFC 90 win
MMAcca
10/21/08 1:19:54PM
Some fighters are built up slowly, crafting a winning record through carefully selected opponents.

UFC lightweight Shannon Gugerty (11-2 MMA, 1-0 UFC) will apparently not be that guy.

But on the verge of a "UFC 90: Silva vs. Cote" showdown with perennial contender Spencer Fisher -- in just his second bout for the organization -- Gugerty recently told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that he welcomes the challenge.

"Spencer Fisher is almost like a household name," Gugerty said. "Everyone who follows the sport knows who he is. A win over him would definitely be huge for my career."

Gugerty debuted for the UFC in July, defeating fellow newcomer Dale Hartt at "UFC Fight Night 14." Gugerty said the joy of earning a win in the sport's premier organization is a feeling he won't soon forget.

"It was like my first win all over again," Gugerty said. "I was really excited. It was like a real surreal feeling. I was really stoked."

LINK
emfleek
10/21/08 1:48:05PM
Sorry, Shannon. I'm giving this one to Spence.
cmb19932
10/21/08 1:51:19PM
im not hating on the new guy but number one im not scared of an1 named shanon i learned dont be scared of dudes with girl names after kelly pavlik let me down and on top of that spencer can ko anyone this is his fight
Twenty20Dollars
10/21/08 4:49:25PM
I was thinking about taking Gugerty by submission, BUT seeing as how fisher has much more exp and has never been submitted, im taking fisher.
Wolfenstein
10/21/08 6:52:39PM
Spencer is an underrated fighter, and he should make quick work of Shannon. Yeah he's 32, but he still seems to e improving. He's also beaten Thiago Alves, Matt Wiman, Josh Neer, and Sam Stout. Anyone who thinks he's just a gatekeeper...think again.