Shane del Rosario in critical condition after suffering cardiac arrest

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Shane del Rosario in critical condition after suffering cardiac arrest
Bubbles
11/27/13 4:29:38PM
UFC heavyweight Shane del Rosario is in critical condition after suffering cardiac arrest on Tuesday.

"Shane had a catastrophic cardiovascular collapse at home on Tuesday morning," del Rosario's manager Jason House told MMAFighting.com via a prepared statement. "He was brought to the hospital in full cardiac arrest. He was resuscitated in the emergency room back to a stable heart rhythm and blood pressure. He is currently in the coronary care unit critically ill.

link
cowcatcher
11/27/13 4:43:48PM
Jesus Christ! He's so young, it's just scary. I wish him the best and a speedy recovery.
shaneTpain
11/27/13 4:55:58PM
Oh wow.
He'll never fight again
infestructure
11/27/13 6:13:20PM
This sucks. Apparently he has a small chance of pulling through. Scary shit, I wish him well and hope the UFC treats him well, as we all know they won't let him fight again.
FastKnockout
11/27/13 6:25:01PM
Oh man. Not something I want to hear the day before Thanksgiving.
Budgellism
11/27/13 6:26:46PM
I hope he makes it through this. His luck has been terrible so far in his career. First the car accident and now this. My thoughts go out to him and his family.
prozacnation1978
11/27/13 6:34:16PM
Sad to hear that before thanksgiving.
Hope is pulls through
DeadHead988
11/27/13 9:26:09PM
Best of luck to the guy, hopefully his fighting spirit helps to pull him through this unfortunate incident. It's strange that a professional athlete would suffer cardiac arrest; you'd think he'd be in good shape. I'm not saying this was the case or anything, but anabolic steroids are known to cause heart abnormalities in otherwise healthy individuals. Other than an undiscovered genetic defect, I don't see how this could happen to someone this age at this level of competition.
tallica62
11/27/13 9:46:59PM
Wish him well and nothing against him at all, but does anyone know anything about him in regards to steroids, hereditary, etc ?
jae_1833
11/27/13 9:49:36PM
For Shane and his family!
kopower
11/27/13 10:40:47PM

Posted by DeadHead988

Best of luck to the guy, hopefully his fighting spirit helps to pull him through this unfortunate incident. It's strange that a professional athlete would suffer cardiac arrest; you'd think he'd be in good shape. I'm not saying this was the case or anything, but anabolic steroids are known to cause heart abnormalities in otherwise healthy individuals. Other than an undiscovered genetic defect, I don't see how this could happen to someone this age at this level of competition.

Could be a number of things. He probably had some underlying cardiac issue. Hope he pulls through.

We've had people in their twenties come in with heart attacks, in the hospital I work at. So many possible causes. He could have picked up an infection that attacked the heart, had coronary spasms that stopped blood flow to the heart muscles, an irregular heartbeat from supplements. I am very interested to hear the cause.
tcunningham
11/27/13 11:40:46PM
thats some crazy shit. I would have to put my money on undiagnosed heart condition.

in a similar case, there was a guy that was training at my gym for a while. he was in his early 40's but he was a SWAT team SGT and in tremendous shape. half way through the work out he just sat down and said he wasn't feeling well. then went into full cardiac arrest. everybody thought he was in perfect health
aussiemma
11/28/13 2:06:35PM
Wtf !!! This is crazy. Hope the guy pulls through
Poor_Franklin
11/28/13 4:18:15PM
@arielhelwani: Shane del Rosario has passed away, according to his mgr Jason House. He was 30 years old. My sincerest condolences to his family & friends.