Shane Carwin and Roy Nelson Pass Random Drug Tests for Steroids and Diuretics

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Shane Carwin and Roy Nelson Pass Random Drug Tests for Steroids and Diuretics
grappler0000
11/9/12 2:26:47PM
The Ultimate Fighter Season 16 coaches Shane Carwin and Roy Nelson were each notified back in October that they would be required to submit to a random drug test under order of the Nevada Athletic Commission.

Nevada Athletic Commission executive director Keith Kizer on Friday informed MMAWeekly.com that both Carwin and Nelson returned negative results, passing their drug tests. Each was tested for a full battery of steroids and diuretics, but was not tested for recreational drugs such as marijuana.

Link
Chael_Sonnen
11/9/12 2:31:44PM
I wish they would PASS being good coaches on TUF......
Poor_Franklin
11/9/12 3:33:07PM
i'd be lying if i said i wasnt worried about Carwin. i hope this isnt taken as bashing, bc i like Carwin, but w/ his size, his rumors of a recent injury, & large numbers of fighters rumored to be cheating, i was skeptical.

cant wait to see this fight!
prophecy033
11/9/12 3:51:29PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

i'd be lying if i said i wasnt worried about Carwin. i hope this isnt taken as bashing, bc i like Carwin, but w/ his size, his rumors of a recent injury, & large numbers of fighters rumored to be cheating, i was skeptical.

Its funny you say that P_F cuz Ive had my doubts about Roy
grappler0000
11/9/12 3:59:37PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Carwin was actually attached to a steroid scandal a couple of years back.
ghandikush
11/9/12 4:17:49PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Cycle cycle. I liked Carwin but he always seemed like a super juicer. Just my thoughts.
Poor_Franklin
11/9/12 4:35:02PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by Poor_Franklin

actually forgot about that. maybe that's where my way of thinking was coming from
SmileR
11/9/12 5:27:07PM
It's kinda sad that Carwin passing a drugs test is news.
hotrodttt
11/9/12 5:32:45PM
I think a pro fighter would have to be dumb to get caught taking a banned substance, how do you not know that your going to be tested? It's common sense, if your a pro fighter and need enhancers to put you up a level then you should be in a steroid mms league, not the ufc. This is one of the reasons why i have always respected Penn.
Bubbles
11/9/12 5:41:52PM

Posted by hotrodttt

I think a pro fighter would have to be dumb to get caught taking a banned substance, how do you not know that your going to be tested? It's common sense, if your a pro fighter and need enhancers to put you up a level then you should be in a steroid mms league, not the ufc. This is one of the reasons why i have always respected Penn.

I can't respect someone who isn't motivated
hotrodttt
11/9/12 5:46:16PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by hotrodttt

I can't respect someone who isn't motivated

True, but I do respect him for always peeing clean haha