Shane Carwin: The Engineer

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Shane Carwin: The Engineer
DCRage
4/24/09 1:52:38PM
Since apparently every MMA fighter needs a nickname, Shane Carwin recently took suggestions from Cage Potato readers and members of his official community at his website, shane-carwin.com. And we have a winner: The Engineer. He offered his take on a few suggestions as well:

Shane “Juggernaut” Carwin: I’m too simple a guy for something like that.

Shane “Darwin” Carwin: I go to church on Sunday, so I’m not sure how that would go over.

Shane “Pain Train” Carwin: Too much rhyming.

Shane “The One-Hit Wonder” Carwin: That’s actually my coach’s nickname, so I can’t take that.

Shane “Spartan” Carwin: That was my high school mascot.

Shane “Hulk Hands” Carwin: What?

Carwin also told us that he’s still healing from the broken nose he suffered before knocking out Gabriel Gonzaga, but will obviously have his eye on the Brock Lesnar/Frank Mir heavyweight title fight at UFC 100. As for his thoughts on who would win Lesnar-Mir and who he'd rather face assuming he's next in line for a title shot...push. He simply said either.
Jackelope
4/24/09 1:56:54PM
He was at a small show recently in which he stated he'd love to fight Brock Lesnar next. I can't think of a HW matchup more exciting than that right now besides maybe Velasquez vs. Dos Santos. It's great to be able to get excited about HW's again
Mayhem13
4/24/09 2:48:53PM
Definately a fitting nickname....but its no "meat missle" that's for sure!
LakieMan
4/24/09 6:22:21PM
Not a bad nickname.
RNC
4/24/09 11:12:40PM
Introducing The Juggernaut, Shane Carwin

Would've been a lot better.
Dragoslav
4/26/09 11:09:31AM
I'm still not ready to jump on the Carwin bandwagon just yet.
tmas
4/26/09 11:26:22AM
MEat missIl3 FTW

Carwin is the 3rd or 4th best HW in the UFC

1.) Mir (until brock beats him)
2.) Brock (until he beats mir)
3.) Kongo (until he beats mir, and Brock)
4.) Carwin (has great potential and i love em)

I actually like all 4 of those a great deal, i been a Kongo, and Brock fan for a long time. I would like that to be the next HW fight ;p...i think Carwin can beat all those guys Standing for his mere power, but if he cant KO them he would lose a decision or get KOed by Kongo/Lesnar
LakieMan
4/26/09 12:11:36PM

Posted by Dragoslav

I have been on it since day one!
DevonFoxy
4/27/09 12:47:45PM
I personally think Shane "The Carnivore" Carwin was the best.....that may be because I thought of it but still lol.

Should be in line for a title shot whether he deserves it or not he more than likely is gonna get one.
Meanrighthand88
5/5/09 2:24:49PM

Posted by LakieMan

Posted by Dragoslav

I have been on it since day one!

Same here.
State_Champ
5/7/09 10:14:03AM

Posted by tmas

....i been a Kongo, and Brock fan for a long time. I would like that to be the next HW fight ;p

I love both of these guys too but I think Brock's wrestling would make this a one-sided fight. Just my opinion.