Shane Carwin comments on Brock Lesnar situation

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Shane Carwin comments on Brock Lesnar situation
BrutalKnockOut
11/17/09 11:13:00AM
Shane Carwin comments on Brock Lesnar situation

See what the number one contender for the UFC heavyweight title has to say regarding Brock Lesnar and his illness, including his thoughts on an interim title.
emfleek
11/17/09 11:17:15AM
Props to Shane.
Rush
11/17/09 11:21:41AM
It's damage control, but it's necessary.
KaibaThedon
11/17/09 11:25:38AM
stay classy big guy!
xdanish020
11/17/09 11:31:29AM
great read
Wallass
11/17/09 11:47:08AM
I kowo everyone beat me to it but Shane is a total class act. We all have an opinion on Brock and we gotta hope for a smooth quick recovery from the guy. He'll make it back, he's a warrior and Carwin proves a good point that to be a champion you must beat the champion. Carwin proved the type of person he is in the interview. Best of luck to Lesnar in his recovery.
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
11/17/09 11:47:44AM
I hope Brock reads that somehow, someway
mattjonesy
11/17/09 12:15:07PM
Man i hope Lesnar comes back, not just for himself but all the other fighters in the heavyweight division.
U know whats gonna happen if he doesnt come back, every future HW champ is gonna have the "Brock Lesnar would whoop ure ass treatment "
Giant_Ochai
11/17/09 1:02:42PM
Someone tell Carwin prayers don't fight infection.
EpicTerran
11/17/09 1:12:34PM
It's good to see Carwin being very respectful and mature about this whole situation. Imagine if it was say Tito Ortiz in Carwin's place, I bet we wouldn't see half the respect.
bjj1605
11/17/09 1:32:28PM

Posted by Giant_Ochai

I'm anything but a devote Christian but I do believe in god. Many people would disagree with you and at the very least praying for him won't do any damage. I really don't understand comments like this. Just because your religious beliefs are different from Carwin's doesn't mean you should belittle his opinion.

By the way I think this was classy of Shane Carwin and I hope Brock has a speedy recovery.
emfleek
11/17/09 1:35:52PM
Let's not turn this into a pissing contest about religion guys...
submissionartist1
11/17/09 2:18:58PM
Wheres the give props to Shane Carwin button?
scpd400
11/17/09 3:24:50PM
Shane is a class act and prayer does not cure infections God does.
Gladiator
11/17/09 3:37:44PM
It seems like everytime carwin opens his mouth nothing but trash comes out, i hope lesnar makes a full recovery and shuts his mouth up for good
RMFG_187
11/17/09 4:02:20PM
Pure class.

and then you have Frank Mir talkin about hhow he wants to "End Brocks Career"
MaxOne
11/17/09 4:21:09PM

Posted by RMFG_187

Pure class.

and then you have Frank Mir talkin about hhow he wants to "End Brocks Career"

probably said before he realized the seriousness of Brock's illness.

ness
higdon10
11/17/09 5:07:36PM

Posted by Gladiator

It seems like everytime carwin opens his mouth nothing but trash comes out, i hope lesnar makes a full recovery and shuts his mouth up for good

I dont think that he could have been any classier. I dont know what youre reading.
Mhunt1140
11/17/09 5:15:15PM
What a selfless thing to say by a total class act. Shane Carwin has earned the utmost respect from myself and hopefully all other fans. Here is a guy who is very deserving of a title shot and when it got canceled he being a respectful human being. Honestly I wouldn't blame him if he was a little mad that he is unable to fight for the belt anytime soon and he really has the right to be angry about it. Instead he realizes that this is something much bigger than the UFC heavyweight championship or any beef that is between him and Brock.

Being an engineer myself I already have great respect for Shane being able to balance both jobs but this goes above and beyond anything. Props to Shane Carwin and I wish Brock a speedy recovery.

Can't wait to see these guys in the octagon.
mauladala
11/17/09 6:17:09PM

Posted by Gladiator

Wow... Props for the single dumbest post I've read in nearly two years on any of the forums I visit. I wonder if every time you post, nothing but trash gets typed...
CwB
11/17/09 6:30:34PM

Posted by Giant_Ochai

HUH???

What hell are you talking about?

What do you want Carwin to do, go to medical school and perform the treatments on Brock himself.

Carwin knows his prayers aint gonna save any lives but it is a polite thing to say sort of like wishing the best for someone. I dont get your post...

Props to Carwin he basically said how i feel about the situation. I hate Brock Lesner guts, but I hope his guts get better. (So Carwin can beat those guts in the Octagon)

I dont ever pray but I will pray for Brock to get better...
Jackelope
11/17/09 7:07:30PM
Let's not turn this situation into any kind of a reason to start a pissing contest over religion or an argument of any sort. We're talking serious stuff here.

Personally I'm not a religious person by any means, and while it may be yours and my belief that prayers have nothing to do with infections being cured, we can all agree that hope helps people through tough times. If religion is your venue for hope, then so be it. This whole situation isn't about trash talking religion or trash talking any parties involved. It is about one man fighting through difficult times in order to at best continue what has been an exciting career, and at worst survive this difficult ordeal in order to continue to go on living, loving, and providing for his wife and child.

Show some respect about this situation, or the other mods and I will not hesitate to end your posting privileges.
emfleek
11/17/09 7:13:53PM

Posted by Gladiator

You need to take the time to read an article/quote before you post something like this. Carwin said nothing that would warrant a response like yours.
Gogoplatapus
11/17/09 8:30:54PM

Posted by Giant_Ochai

Somebody tell you that just because it pops into your head you don't have to type it.
Gladiator
11/17/09 8:44:54PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Gladiator

You need to take the time to read an article/quote before you post something like this. Carwin said nothing that would warrant a response like yours.

Calm down im being sarcastic, i guess i should have made it clearer but i was expecting reactions like this and i was not disapointed. Im a big carwin fan and the guy is always a class act.
Jackelope
11/17/09 8:49:08PM

Posted by Gladiator

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Gladiator

Calm down im being sarcastic, i guess i should have made it clearer but i was expecting reactions like this and i was not disapointed. Im a big carwin fan and the guy is always a class act.

I'll warn you that if your intent is to rile up posters and "get a reaction out of people" your time here will end soon. Especially if you openly admit that being the case.

I'll let it slide, but perhaps you should consider that this isn't exactly a situation where sarcasm and/or jokes are warranted. A person's health is on the line. That may not mean much to you because you're fortunate enough to be a 3rd party, but place yourself in the shoes of those involved and you may see it in a different light.
Gladiator
11/17/09 9:32:48PM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by Gladiator

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Gladiator

I'll warn you that if your intent is to rile up posters and "get a reaction out of people" your time here will end soon. Especially if you openly admit that being the case.

I'll let it slide, but perhaps you should consider that this isn't exactly a situation where sarcasm and/or jokes are warranted. A person's health is on the line. That may not mean much to you because you're fortunate enough to be a 3rd party, but place yourself in the shoes of those involved and you may see it in a different light.

Thanks for the grace, but if trolling was my intent i would have been banned a long time ago. Im not making fun of lesnars situation at all, but i am poking a little fun at the "someone should tell carwin that prayers dont cure infection" comment. Bad call on my part, and it wont happen again, but plz dont blow this out of proportion. I wish nothing but the best for lesnar and carwin is one of the classiest guys in the sport.
jae_1833
11/17/09 10:00:17PM
Well I am shocked and dissappointed at all the posters for this thread not giving out the little green bastard to those 2 guys.......for both of you from all of us!