Shane Carwin Cleared for Contact, Targeting Return Fight in Early Fall

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Shane Carwin Cleared for Contact, Targeting Return Fight in Early Fall
sparky
5/30/12 11:15:35PM
Shane Carwin, the bruising former UFC interim heavyweight champion, is officially on the comeback trail.

Following a lengthy recovery from back surgery, Carwin, 37, announced Wednesday he was cleared for contact and issued a request for UFC officials to slot him into a fight later this year.

"I informed UFC Matchmaker (Joe Silva) that I would like to fight in early fall 2012," Carwin wrote on his website. "I would like to be able to fight every three or four months. Barring injury I intend to leave the UFC octagon and head back to the Grudge Training Center to continue the climb."

Link
george112
5/30/12 11:23:58PM
Wonder how he will fair.

I'll be rooting for him. He's a good guy
DeadHead988
5/30/12 11:35:18PM
Man, he really took a beating against JDS. Here's to hoping for a strong octagon return!
BossHog
5/31/12 12:17:15AM
WAR CARWIN, but sadly I think the JDS fight will prove to be the beginning of a real downslide to his career. That fight was a soultaker
Budgellism
5/31/12 12:36:42AM
Lavar johnson should be his return fight.
cowcatcher
5/31/12 12:38:30AM

Posted by Budgellism

Wow, that's a great call Budge.
KingCmb
5/31/12 12:40:07AM

Posted by Budgellism

what a fight
jae_1833
5/31/12 12:43:05AM
I was thinking Bigfoot would be a better fight....lets see what the UFC does. Lots of good possibilities.
Budgellism
5/31/12 12:55:08AM

Posted by jae_1833

I was thinking Bigfoot would be a better fight....lets see what the UFC does. Lots of good possibilities.

No need for Carwin to come back only to break his hand on that dude‘s head. Nelson was supposed to fight Bigfoot at one point. Id like to see that happen.
cowcatcher
5/31/12 12:56:37AM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by jae_1833

No need for Carwin to come back only to break his hand on that dude‘s head. Nelson was supposed to fight Bigfoot at one point. Id like to see that happen.

Why do you hate Roy's hand?
frizzzlecake
5/31/12 1:14:32AM
Shane vs. Stipe or Big Country.imo
Poor_Franklin
5/31/12 1:17:39AM

Posted by Budgellism

KungFuMaster
5/31/12 1:32:20AM
It looks like Hunt and Carwin may be returning at the same time. Is anyone thinking what I'm thinking? I'm getting goose bumps right now.
cowcatcher
5/31/12 1:39:01AM

Posted by KungFuMaster

It looks like Hunt and Carwin may be returning at the same time. Is anyone thinking what I'm thinking? I'm getting goose bumps right now.

That works for me. So far you and Budge have come up with his first two fights back as far as I'm concerned.
hashyandy4
5/31/12 3:31:31AM

Posted by Budgellism

I thoght the exact same thing rite after Lavar KOed Barry. I still think its a great idea, i think it would be an entertaing scrap 4 sure.
Budgellism
5/31/12 8:44:59AM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by jae_1833

Why do you hate Roy's hand?

Because I love his beard so much. I need some hate to balance it out.
Budgellism
5/31/12 8:45:57AM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by KungFuMaster

That works for me. So far you and Budge have come up with his first two fights back as far as I'm concerned.

I could definitely get excited for that one as well.
prozacnation1978
5/31/12 9:24:49AM
Carwin vs nelson Vegas Sept 1st. Calling it now
Boo_Radley21
5/31/12 11:46:27AM
Damn it's been a while. Doubt he'll make it too another title shot hes too old
Wolfenstein
5/31/12 12:46:40PM
Yes! Win or lose he's just exciting to watch, and the HW division really needs him for depth at the very least.
Adrenaline
5/31/12 8:22:50PM
Great news, big Carwin fan. I know he took a beating from JDS but he actually proved alot in that fight, mainly that he is tough as nails and has huge heart and that he actually can go 3 full rounds which at the time was a huge concern with the way he gassed against Lesnar. Besides the guys middle name is Bannister which is badass by itself.