Shane Carwin: Brock Lesnar Is "Lame"

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Shane Carwin: Brock Lesnar Is "Lame"
emfleek
7/13/09 8:53:18AM
Shane Carwin blogs about Brock Lesnar's post fight antics:

"I cannot say I was surprised by anything that night other then Brock's reaction to beating a very tough Frank Mir. Frank is a legend and a great guy who got out powered not out classed. The sponsor issue, you need to talk to your manager not the fans or Dana."

CONTINUED...
zephead
7/13/09 8:59:19AM
Brock has a big target on his chest now. Flipping the crowd off wasn't a great move nor was dogging Bud Light, but he's generationg the love/hate that Tank and Tito had. Mena smor PPV being sold because people want to see him get beat.
Nightmare27
7/13/09 9:00:36AM
Carwin is about the only HW in the UFC that wouldnt get outpowered. I would like to see how Lesnar dealt with somebody closer to his strength.
scoozna
7/13/09 9:40:00AM
Tim Sylvia comes to mind when I think of a champ that very few liked. It's way too early to say this, but it's a problem for the UFC if their "star" doesn't draw PPV buys because he's an ass and no one wants to see him.

Lesnar may soften his persona (better than he did in the post-fight apology), but he just doesn't seem to have a likable personality on top of that.

For me I'm interested in his next few fights *solely* because I want to see him get beat. Oddly, if he starts to look unbeatable, it becomes much less interesting to me.
imanidiot777
7/13/09 10:05:13AM
Ohhhh man, we are starting the trash talking already. I know he was just being honest but trash talk doesn't have to be fake. I'd like to see how their strength matches up, I still see Lesnar being stronger but not by anywhere near the margin of Brock over Mir.

I still have hope that after Fedor destroys Barnett that he will realize the best fight for him now is in the UFC against Brock and come in and smash Brock. But if I have to settle for Carwin/Cain vs. Brock then so be it.
mshalosky
7/13/09 11:08:10AM

zephead Brock has a big target on his chest now. Flipping the crowd off wasn't a great move nor was dogging Bud Light, but he's generationg the love/hate that Tank and Tito had. Mena smor PPV being sold because people want to see him get beat.

I dont think thats a target on his chest
scpd400
7/13/09 11:30:21AM
IMO Carwin or Cain either one can take Lesner. Cain is just as fast and Carwin is just as strong.
tmas
7/13/09 12:31:38PM
Cain is to small. Carwin has a very good chance to beat Brock, he is just as big if not bigger, just as strong, quicker, and from what i have heard more powerful. He is a good wrestler, and has about as much jits lol.......

i actually believe Carwin would win.

and people will buy when Brock fights simply to route agianst him and hope he gets KTFOed.....
whardin19
7/13/09 2:10:57PM
Brock Lesnar vs. Shane Carwin is the fight I want to see. I think Brock would steam roll Cain Velasquez.
bootyclause
7/13/09 2:27:52PM
i dont think Mir comes across as a great guy at all and i dont see him as a legend by any means. As for flipping people off, the crowd has been against Brock before he ever set foot in the cage. Hes not Gandhi, hes not gonna sit there and try to win everyone over.

Shane Carwin should try being booed by 15000 people who never met him and see how he reacts before throwing stones.
Shoo
7/13/09 10:32:22PM
We haven't seen that much of Carwin to really know if he can beat Lesner. If Carwin can handle Cain, he probably defeats Lesner. If he manages to stuff the takedown and keep it standing it is his. Kongo, on the few exchanges he managed, did some damage to Cain. If Shane gets those same chances he probably takes Cain's head off.

Shane against Brock would probably look alot like Shane vs. Cain. If Shane can keep it standing it is his fight. Brock has the power punching if he gets lucky, but he does not have the experince getting hit to stay composed in exchanges, and that leads to a very sloppy and desperate stand up. I know he has to be training it and probably does well with big gloves and head gear on, but unfortunately his accelerated advancement in mma will not allow for him what he really needs, a large quanity of fights against opponents that would challenge his weaknesses without really being a danger of beating him.

I don't think Cain matches up well with Brock at all. When two guys strengths are similar, especially wrestling, you have to go with the bigger and stronger guy. Cain does have much better techinique in the stand up, but I doubt that would be much of factor. He probably is a better skilled wrestler, but no enough to make up a 40+ pound difference in size(muscle).

Shadymlm
7/14/09 2:00:49AM

Posted by scpd400

IMO Carwin or Cain either one can take Lesner. Cain is just as fast and Carwin is just as strong.

So if one summer night Shane and Cain got together. They'd gave a baby with Shane's Power and Cain's Speed and they'd name it Brock?

All I get from that is that Shane is just as strong as Brock but not as fast and Cain is just as fast but not as strong so in not so many words niether of them or as physically complete as the Champ.