F. Shamrock post-fight quotes

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » F. Shamrock post-fight quotes
Manfred
2/11/07 3:48:12AM
This guy has completely lost touch with reality:

"I know I was hitting him in the back of the head a little bit. I thought he was going to move his head so I wouldn't hit him there anymore"

"I was about to knock him out."

'I was telling him the whole time "I'm gonna stand you up and knock you out" and I think he just started believing it and that knee kinda convinced him to leave"

"I'm old school man. I'm here to fight"

"Are you kidding me? I wasn't even sweating"

"I'll take the loss. It's not my first. It's the first one in 10 years"

"If I'm gonna lose like that then I'm gonna continue to do what I do"

"Apparently I have to go to the rules meeting"

"I had a perfect strategy"

"I don't know...I guess I...uhh...broke the new rules."

And just the icing was when his wife said something about Gracie "pussying out"

I doubt was acting considering Renzo has been in more bare-knuckle, NHB battles than any other active fighter. Long before UFC, PRIDE or anything else.
He didn't even flinch when Saku snapped all his elbow tendons. Renzo was winning and Frank cheated out of frustration.
Manfred
2/11/07 7:46:04AM
New interviews:

Renzo post-fight

Frank post-fight
"I was just blowing hot air" (concering his post-fight comments)
madmarck
2/11/07 8:12:15AM
Yeah.................... does anyone else hear a feud? The Gracies have been known to get pissed at people who talk shit (who wouldnt). And the Shamrocks have been known to talk a lot of shit (mostly Ken).
So we could see this turn into a Gracie Shamrock Feud.
hippysmacker
2/11/07 8:25:08AM
I hope Frank is just talking for a rematch. Otherwise, he has slipped far down the respect meter in my eyes.
nate22
2/11/07 8:48:52AM

Posted by madmarck

Yeah.................... does anyone else hear a feud? The Gracies have been known to get pissed at people who talk shit (who wouldnt). And the Shamrocks have been known to talk a lot of shit (mostly Ken).
So we could see this turn into a Gracie Shamrock Feud.

Nah, we are in the middle of the Gracie feud, Frank talked alot of crap about Cesar beforehand and i'm sure it's one of the reasons that Renzo took the fight.
Manfred
2/11/07 9:02:10AM
I liked Renzo's comment:
"..I obey the rules, like if they wanna do the way I like it, even BITING, that's what I like" Had me laughing!

Stickan
2/11/07 10:45:09AM
Frank is a ******* jerk and a disgrace to the Shamrock name. I don't think Ken would ever have acted like that.
jocksmall
2/11/07 11:31:49AM
i have never liked ken or frank this is just more of the same. i respect franks skills , but how does anyone cheer for him. he says he has beaten every great champion. huh
gspfan31
2/11/07 11:34:43AM
after seeing frank last night, if baroni has a good head on his shoulders he'll knock him out
cowcatcher
2/11/07 1:01:16PM
what a jackass, nothing else to really say
Trapt1nw0nder
2/11/07 10:56:17PM
seriously man...Shame-rock is not right in the head anymore....did you read that look in his eyes last night?....he looked like the was drugged...weirdo
BabbyHughes
2/12/07 12:42:15AM
Guilty, guilty, guilty he is buying in to the "I am the star of EXC" image way too much... I cant stand this guy
hippysmacker
2/12/07 2:46:37AM
It's the first time IMO that I have ever thought of Ken as the more intelligent Shamrock.
aceprone
2/12/07 2:50:27AM

Posted by hippysmacker

It's the first time IMO that I have ever thought of Ken as the more intelligent Shamrock.

haha....I know....I love Ken Shamrock now! KEN's the one with the balls!
ffforgottenx
2/12/07 9:08:59AM

Posted by hippysmacker

hahaha i totally agree
frank is just.. there arent even words for it
jwvincent32
2/12/07 10:53:51AM
I cant stand frank he is a good fighter but he is way to full of himself i hope he gets his a** kicked in the next fight
SteedTheDeed
2/18/07 4:31:16PM
his post fight comments didnt make sense
Dadaman
2/19/07 1:50:43AM
I just watched the event and all I can say is that I'm dissapointed with Frank's words after the fight.

Frank was definatly embarrassed with himself after the fight, the dude couldn't even look Glazer in the eyes during the interview or couldn't even look at the camera he was ashamed.

He talked shit to try and save face and act like he didnt care IMO
hippysmacker
2/19/07 2:40:08AM
It's basic body language when you can't make eye contact and hunch over. Your either ashamed, unsure,embarrassed, lying or any combination of the above. That's what they teach in basic interrogation courses anyway.
Raykill
5/15/08 6:27:37PM
I know I will take some hits on this, but I have always liked Ken, never really thought about Frank.
But after Kens awesome coaching on TUF. I cant stand the guy anymore.
Frank on the other hand I like. He's a good fighter, talks sh*t but not many fighters dont. Most of the time he backs it up.
Oh well. Its time for the shamrocks to all just retire I guess.
chubbud22
5/17/08 3:07:59AM
I was actually rooting for Frank towards the end of the Cung fight. I mean I actually despised the guy until that fight; he showed some cajones.