Shamrock Brothers sign to fight each other

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Shamrock Brothers sign to fight each other
MMAcca
10/12/08 4:28:13PM
Estranged adoptive brothers Ken Shamrock and Frank Shamrock have both signed contracts in principle to fight each other in 2009, according to a new article by Michael Woods of ESPN.com.

The two have expressed a public interest in fighting each other for the past several years and plans appeared to be in motion earlier this year to stage a fight between the two sometime in 2008. However, the proposed bout was put on the back burner following Ken’s first round knockout loss to journeyman heavyweight Robert “Buzz” Berry during a ProElite-promoted Cage Rage event in London this past March. Shamrock was released from his ProElite contract following the loss.

A further shadow of doubt regarding the bout was cast after Frank suffered a broken arm in a TKO (medical stoppage) loss to Cung Le during a co-promotion between EliteXC and Strikeforce later the same month.

Whether the bout comes off is far from certain, as Frank Shamrock went so far as to launch a “Blood Brothers” website earlier this year with a countdown to a pay-per-view event that was never formally set. However, the younger Shamrock is quoted as telling ESPN.com that both have agreed to move forward with the fight.

LINK
Porch28
10/12/08 4:31:12PM
They have to make this fight to save some face after the Kimbo debacle. Shamrock first round KO. I'm not saying which one that way I won't be wrong
The-Don
10/12/08 5:10:30PM

Posted by Porch28

They have to make this fight to save some face after the Kimbo debacle. Shamrock first round KO. I'm not saying which one that way I won't be wrong

Yea I am saying Shamrock for the win. as well... more then likely a 1st rd KO I have to agree...
postman
10/12/08 6:08:29PM
God Ken is going to get hurt.
Nitrus
10/12/08 6:19:38PM
Lil' Ken will bully his Big brother
Aether
10/12/08 7:05:33PM
lol ken is going to get wrecked. I've been hoping to see this fight for a while now. Also, ken is the older of the two borthers and also the physically larger, so you should really say big ken is going to bully his little brother.
Bloodhound
10/12/08 8:19:59PM
about time we saw this fight, i got Shamrock....lol Frank Shamrock
bojangalz
10/12/08 8:29:43PM
This is a great idea...one gimick to the next. Did I mention that I stopped watching pro wrestling in Jr. High.
Branwest
10/12/08 8:36:35PM
Personally, I would LOVE to see this fight. The HATRED between these two, is palpable. The truly do not like eachother. I'm sure you all heard the "destroy the Shamrock legacy (or name)" comment that Frank made after they said that Ken couldn't fight that night against Kimbo. They both are really full of themselves and they would be trying to kill eachother. There better be a good ref, because after one KO's the other, they won't stop punching until pulled off. Or, they'll break eachother's arm or knee or something in a submission.
I'd have to take Frank on this one, though he's smaller. His standup is alot better than Ken's. I just don't want to see this go to the ground, becaue they'll be throwing bombs if they stand up w/eachother.

One of them will DIE in the cage!!!!!!!!
Gladiator
10/12/08 8:47:08PM

Posted by The-Don

Posted by Porch28

Yea I am saying Shamrock for the win. as well... more then likely a 1st rd KO I have to agree...

I gotta disagree. I think shamrock loses in the 1st... but ur right it will probably be by a KO
JulesWinnfield
10/12/08 9:11:40PM
I respect Ken, but he is done and should have retired for good, years ago..
I seriously don't even want to see this guy fight anymore. Each time he goes out, you pull for him and think this could be the one time the "old" Ken shows up, and then it never happens, because he is "old"

Frank is a master at promoting himself and his irrelevant fights..He's similiar to Tito Ortiz but older and wiser. EliteXc is just tryin to cash in on what they can at this point, at a attempt to putting on a legitate fight for MMA.

Frank will beat Ken, then we have a Tito vs Frank rematch from 1999. Frank talks too much, but the guy is smart at makin' ends meet.

Porch28
10/12/08 9:23:47PM

Posted by Gladiator

Posted by The-Don

Posted by Porch28

I gotta disagree. I think shamrock loses in the 1st... but ur right it will probably be by a KO

Wait what????
prozacnation1978
10/12/08 9:37:20PM
i think frank will kill him
EliasG
10/12/08 9:46:19PM
that's smart. Most of us have an idea of what will happen--Frank will merck him. BUT none of us wants to be the guy that misses Frank getting KO'd by his brother. It's good circus. :)

That card should be---Frank v. Ken
Kimbo v. Seth II
Gina v. Cyborg
Robbie Lawler v. Jake S.
and
Nick Diaz v. KJ Noons. :)
Kracker_Jap
10/12/08 10:16:08PM
This fight will end up with them both in tears
Gannon
10/12/08 10:24:33PM
This fight is in bad taste. So many fighters could really use a pay day for there hard work and dedication. If frank is still a top rate fighter, which he claims, shouldn't he be fighting a real fight.

This basically is us, the naive fans being clowned by a circus act.

Fearless915
10/12/08 10:37:01PM
Brother vs. Brother, this is a stupid fight, I'll admit it may be fun to watch but why have it. The only reason Elite XC will sign this fight is because they have to start making money. This is not smart, especially for Ken.
Twenty20Dollars
10/12/08 11:11:20PM
Frankie wins it and then ken will try and fight kimbo and will lose there too.
jgtribbett
10/13/08 12:51:09AM
i didnt even read the thread..
i will belive it when i see it
MMAcca
10/13/08 1:36:30AM

Posted by jgtribbett

i didnt even read the thread..
i will belive it when i see it

Both have confirmed it, both have signed the contract.
bigbubbano23
10/13/08 2:13:24AM
i was excited to see this fight a couple of years ago, not so much anymore
coldchillin
10/13/08 3:31:47AM
I'm interested in watching this just for the entertainment value. I think they are going to use this to help promote the rematch between Frank and Tito.
RMFG_187
10/13/08 4:23:34AM
Frank by watever he wants.

Ken should still fight kimbo, because when he fights Frank, it will be his last fight. win or loss he WILL FINALLY Retire.

I love Ken to death, never ever picked against him. picked him all 3 titos, berry, and kimbo, but damn, why is ken so stupid? or am I the stupid 1 for always picking Ken.
Darnok
10/13/08 1:09:37PM
I hope it is a double knockout
mrsmiley
10/13/08 2:28:24PM
I say Frank wins,but I think he will drag this fight out.I think he'll make it a show,and may possibly even try to make Ken look good.If for nothing more than entertainment value alone.
This would have been an amazing fight in 1998.But in 2009 it will be a bit stale.
casey64
10/13/08 2:55:18PM
I got Frank in this fight.
EliasG
10/13/08 5:49:07PM

Posted by Gannon

This fight is in bad taste. So many fighters could really use a pay day for there hard work and dedication. If frank is still a top rate fighter, which he claims, shouldn't he be fighting a real fight.

This basically is us, the naive fans being clowned by a circus act.

Since when are circus acts bad? YOu have to have a little entertainment with legit fights! Man, i grew up watching mach camacho and vinny paz putting on shows even though they weren't the BEST fighters matched up against the BEST opponents. It's okay.

And fighters get paydays when they can draw. This fight draws.
BlessMahMic
10/16/08 1:31:34AM
Boring