Sexyama to upset Belfort?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Sexyama to upset Belfort?
40ouncetpkid
7/30/11 4:26:03PM
I seriously see this happening. This card got so much better once Davis pulled out and Tito stepped in because at least Rashad & Tito have history. But Belfort-Sexyama is definitely the most interesting fight on the card. Notice I said not the most exciting or best fight on the card, i think their will be better fights but its the most interesting style match up.

Sexyama gasses late but if Belfort doesn't end it in the first round, he usually folds. I know Belfort has a good chance of putting him away in the 1st since his power is absolutely ridiculous, but I have this strong feeling Sexyama will survive the first and stop Belfort late. So I'm picking Sexyama 3rd round TKO!
Chael_Sonnen
7/30/11 4:49:37PM
When Sexyama wins it won't be an upset.
Twenty20Dollars
7/31/11 12:54:01AM
Except Akiyama just kinda stands in the pocket and takes punches, not a lot of movement to avoid punches.
dragonkimura
7/31/11 3:47:18AM
Mark my words KO brother, Vitor was looking sexy until he got assasinated by Silva. Solid I'm talkin solid jitsu and outstanding on his feet. Leben looked good against sexy on the feet and submitted him. I believe Vitor has better Jitsu then Leben and faster hands. If Vitor comes out with a message to send big sexy is going to to answer for it.
prophecy033
7/31/11 4:36:05AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Except Akiyama just kinda stands in the pocket and takes punches, not a lot of movement to avoid punches.

Not a good strategy against Vitor's speed and power
calitrees
7/31/11 5:36:01PM
yeah i see vitor sleeping sexiyama in the first. Akiyama is overrated, he hasnt done anything to impress me but get in wars with people you shouldnt war with. If he tries to war with vitor he has no chance.
prozacnation1978
7/31/11 8:42:06PM
Sexyama can take punches. But not belforts speed
D0wnUnd6e6r
7/31/11 8:56:21PM
does any one of those who think sexyama is gonna win want to make it an av bet?
40ouncetpkid
8/1/11 3:35:22PM
Yeah im down for an Av bet just tell me how that works? I'm guessing we just pick the losers avatar? Yours will probably just be one of Sexyama's half naked model photos haha,

Just saying upset because the playground has him as +2 underdog, but I really honestly am believing this is Sexyama's UFC USA coming out party. Totally winnable fight. Yes Belfort has a good chance of KOing him but Akiyama has a decently strong chin, he can take a few shots. I'm banking on him landing a hard shot of his own to ruin Belforts confidence and stop him late. Hopefully he evens uses some judo!

Belfort is way too inconsistent to EVER be a heavy favorite unless of course hes fighting some glass jaw journeyman like Santiago or Doekson.
MMAcca
8/1/11 4:47:53PM
I just don't see how.
Tripp_2
8/5/11 11:28:32AM
Belfort has a huge speed advantage and insane power to go along with it.I am a fan of both fighters but i predict Vitor via brutal K.O./TKO first round.
KungFuMaster
8/5/11 1:56:28PM
I picked Sexyama over Belfort because I feel the same way. Belfort has one of the tiniest gas tanks in mma. His gas tank will rival Baroni's.
prophecy033
8/6/11 11:19:56PM

Posted by Tripp_2

Belfort has a huge speed advantage and insane power to go along with it.I am a fan of both fighters but i predict Vitor via brutal K.O./TKO first round.

good pick