UFC Severs Ties With Setanta Sports

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC Severs Ties With Setanta Sports
DCRage
6/23/09 10:41:49AM
Those of you over in Europe used to watching UFC on Setanta now must get your fix elsewhere. The financial instability of the network has caused it to lose it's deal with UFC. Negotiations to get UFC back on the air in England in time for UFC 100 are currently underway.

Article
Livershot
6/23/09 12:29:56PM
I hope Sky pick UFC up, they are the premier sports broadcaster in the UK and have shown an interest in MMA by showing Cage Rage live for a few shows, although Cage Rage did a poor job with the presentation of the live show, something UFC excels at

Plus if the deal is right they will be aware of it growth and continued potential and it could be good move for both businesses, Sky certainly broadcast far more niche sports than UFC, and have a significantly larger number of subscribers compared to Setanta, plus Sky is in most pubs/clubs in the UK

For me i think it would be there best move, but I am biased cos I am already a subscriber
dangerfield
6/23/09 12:31:59PM
Well they better fasten themselves to someone else before UFC 100

I'm not watching the biggest PPV of the year (in theory anyway) on my laptop. [I will if it comes to it but I'll be gutted]

Come on bravo please!!!

Rabi
6/23/09 1:24:36PM
I hope Bravo dont get it, there previous coverage was ****, and the way the mods were on that forum, they were arrogant nobs.
dangerfield
6/23/09 1:40:07PM
True the Bravo coverage was a bit pants with the one day delay that cut out all the between fight hype to make way for more ads was a bit crap but realistically they're the one's that'll get it

I don't no if Sky will do it what with their heavy ties to WWE and even boxing.

I just don't want to miss it.
Rabi
6/23/09 2:03:18PM
BBC news is reporting that Setanta has gone into administration.
Aaronno9
6/23/09 2:19:27PM
Hopefully it goes to bravo, and they show the events live like Setanta did. At least it'll be free then.

Its a shame Setanta folded
TimW001
6/23/09 3:55:25PM
I heard Bransons, Virgin, or whatever, broadcasted the TUF finale.
1daveufc
6/23/09 4:32:18PM
sky wud put it on ppv anyways and it wud cost another 15 pound on to th all ready over the top prices they charge.