Serra or St.Pierre Your predictions

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Serra or St.Pierre Your predictions
Next Page »
POLL: Serra or St.Pierre
Serra 23% (14)
St.Pierre 77% (47)
casey64
2/14/08 3:35:21PM
I think Serra can do it again round 2 ko
StevenSeagal
2/14/08 3:40:46PM
Im not as anti Serra as many are. He is very skilled in BJJ, his standup is not bad either... Is it on the calibur of GSP's? No, but who cares... GSP's BJJ is not on the calibur of Serra's. Sure GSP is considered a great wrestler, but a good BJJ artist should be able to difuse wrestling... Not as one sided as many think. I was suprised to see"underdog" for the fantasy wagers... Its either going to be a decision victory for GSP or a quick knockout for GSP... But I still like to give Serra tons more credit than he has been recieving... Just my opinion.
LuketheDuke
2/14/08 3:43:20PM
all the respect to serra for beating gsp, but i just can't see it happening again.
rabbit915
2/14/08 4:02:03PM
Im picking St. Pierre because i feel he is a much better fighter overall but i would love to see Serra win just because i could make fun of all the GSP nuthuggers.
D0wnUnd6e6r
2/14/08 4:13:48PM

Posted by casey64

seanfu
2/14/08 4:35:15PM
GSP will not underestimate Serras chance to catch him standing. He will immediately go for his superior wrestling and control Serra. He will not be able to finish him but will win by either TKO (cut) or total domination and ground and pound.
emfleek
2/14/08 4:54:04PM
GSP via pure domination.
Rush
2/14/08 4:59:18PM
I just hope both GSP and Serra make a comment the day before the fight and say that they are 100%. Otherwise it's going to be a disaster regardless of who wins.
DevonFoxy
2/14/08 4:59:48PM

Posted by casey64

Seems you are alone in this my friend but more power to you if can def. happen if GSP gets too cocky and it being in Canada must hurt him imo as the pressure will be on more then ever.

I just don't see Serra pulling it off again but hey who knows. I'll be the first to admit i was wrong if he does in fact win. Im going with GSP by GnP in the 2nd but who knows.
casey64
2/14/08 5:57:03PM

Posted by DevonFoxy

Posted by casey64

Seems you are alone in this my friend but more power to you if can def. happen if GSP gets too cocky and it being in Canada must hurt him imo as the pressure will be on more then ever.

I just don't see Serra pulling it off again but hey who knows. I'll be the first to admit i was wrong if he does in fact win. Im going with GSP by GnP in the 2nd but who knows.

Could care less if you laugh at me i think what i want to think I dont like GSP I have always liked Serra and always will GSP is a dominant star no doubt about it No reason to laugh at someone do to their opinion its childish
Rush
2/14/08 5:58:39PM

Posted by casey64

Could care less if you laugh at me

Umm am I misssing something. When did he laugh at you?
warglory
2/14/08 6:11:02PM

Posted by casey64

Posted by DevonFoxy

Posted by casey64

Could care less if you laugh at me i think what i want to think I dont like GSP I have always liked Serra and always will GSP is a dominant star no doubt about it No reason to laugh at someone do to their opinion its childish

Seriously, what are you talking about?
KeNn
2/14/08 6:27:33PM
lmao.

I like Serra, but he's going to be GSP'S bitch

WAR GSP rnd 1 tko
mrliquid
2/14/08 6:58:16PM
I'm going with GSP haven't always been a fan but his wrestling recently has gotten crazy and he is a good striker if it stays on the ground I might give the advantage to serra but I think GSP's wrestling skills will let him decide where it stays but goodluck to both I hope they put on hell of a show.
NatedawgThaM
2/14/08 7:49:51PM

Posted by rabbit915

Im picking St. Pierre because i feel he is a much better fighter overall but i would love to see Serra win just because i could make fun of all the GSP nuthuggers.

Same here, you obviously have to pick GSP or your going to look stupid but I definitely want to see Serra take his head off again to shut them nuthuggers up and all the nuthuggers who think he actually will beat Anderson Silva. I use to hate Serra and I still kind of do from all the smack he was talking on TUF but he's been cool about it lately and GSP's been more on my bad side.

It's going to go either Serra by 1st round KO again or Gsp by 2nd round TKO after he feels him out and is patient in the 1st but becomes the aggressive GSP in the 2nd and will stop him.

GO SERRA THOUGH!!!
BlazinSaddle
2/14/08 7:59:25PM
serra's a cool guy but will i pick him, no, not gonna say his win was lucky but dont see it happenin' again, GSP finishes sometime in the 3rd or 4th TKO or Sub
Ordep
2/14/08 8:25:25PM
don't really care as long they put up a good show

the winner will lose to Fitch and then Marcus Davis will own Fitch early in 2009

WAR IRISH HAND GRENADE
candynuts
2/14/08 9:33:28PM
I WANT Serra to win, I HOPE Serra wins, but honestly I do not THINK he will win.

Go Serra!!
Tailgunner
2/14/08 10:23:46PM
GSP by pure destruction.........after Serra loses he will quickly fade into the oblivion he occupied before TUF.
mrliquid
2/14/08 11:09:10PM
I don't know about all that Serra has been around along time had some good fights is awsome on the ground and caught GSP and beat him straight up I think GSP will win don't get me wrong but I still see Serra getting some big fights if he does loose maybe a Serra vs Hughes if Matt will agree to it.
Jimbo
2/14/08 11:22:21PM
If GSP doesnt win i will be shocked and devistated, simple as that.
Tailgunner
2/15/08 12:17:03AM

Posted by mrliquid

Ibut I still see Serra getting some big fights if he does loose maybe a Serra vs Hughes if Matt will agree to it.

Other than GSP , Serra has NEVER beaten ANY big names, his fighting career is mediocre at best.

Serra is a tough SOB no doubt but before TUF he wasn't EVER ranked in the top ten..........EVER.

Serra will lose to Hughes as well, soon enough.
cloppio
2/15/08 3:11:19AM

Posted by casey64

Posted by DevonFoxy

Posted by casey64

one word my friend....Punctuation....please learn some. then talk.
Tein_Lung
2/15/08 3:46:06AM
you know Serra was an 11:1 underdog in the first fight an he beat GSP like a red headed step child... no-one ever has beat down GSP but Serra, now that has to weigh on GSP some. There is no doubt that GPS is the more talented fighter, however there are people out there that just know how to beat you and i think Serra knows how to beat GSP, just like Silva knows how to beat Franklin... I pick Serra in this fight... no-one gave him a shot in the first fight and people are acting like he barely won the fight fight as if it was a bad decision of the judge IE Hammil Bisbing.

i think he will be able to do it again and shut all the Serra haters up. Serra has never been stoped in any fight with exception to Shonnie Carter and his backfist. I just see Serra laying it all out there again because no-one expects him to win so why not fight like you got nothing to lose.
mrliquid
2/15/08 8:48:40AM

Posted by Tailgunner

Other than GSP , Serra has NEVER beaten ANY big names, his fighting career is mediocre at best.

Serra is a tough SOB no doubt but before TUF he wasn't EVER ranked in the top ten..........EVER.

ummm Serra beat Chris Lytle,Jeff Curran,Yves Edwards and went all 3 rounds than lost by decision to Penn and Karo so I would say that he has beaten some big names maybe not top 3 but I dont see him fading away and not getting anymore big fights atleast not untill he looses a few more times.
atlas777
2/15/08 10:31:00AM
Im gonna go with Serra by 2nd round KO hes going to catch GSP with a big bomg like he did last time and put him out cold....i hope
Tailgunner
2/15/08 10:54:24AM

Posted by mrliquid

[
ummm Serra beat Chris Lytle,Jeff Curran,Yves Edwards

He barely squeaked past Lytle and as far as Curran and Edwards go neither are top ten fighters!

Like I said Serra hasn't EVER beaten anyone significant other than GSP and after GSP mauls Serra everyone will forget Serra even existed.

Put a fork in Serra..........he's done after he loses to GSP and then Hughes.
Silent-Sir
2/15/08 11:16:26AM
I think GSP takes this fight either late in the 1st round or early in the 2nd.

Serra won the first fight fair & square. He caught GSP then jumped on him and went for the KO. Did he catch him in the back of the head, in my opinion, yes. Was it intentional, no. It's a fight people, things happen.

GSP's head was in the wrong place the first fight. He admitted that he underestimated Serra and that he was listening to all the people telling him how great he was and that Serra was nothing. Now that he's rid himself of these distractions and got his head on straight, I don't think he'll be making the same mistake.

I think we're going to see another level of GSP in April. GSP absolutely loves Montreal and the fact that he's going to have thousands of his hometown fans cheering him on is going to have him more fired up than we've ever seen him before. I'm by no means counting Serra out, he's a skilled fighter with all the tools to win the fight. I just think GSP is going to be too much for him this time.
decken
2/15/08 6:05:05PM
I have never been a Serra fan but I was looking over his record today and it is not half bad. Half of his losses come from decent fighters. (BJ Penn and Karo). He has only been knocked out once at the beginning of his career. He has never been submitted and he went up against BJ Penn. While I will admit his wins are not over the best opponents overall he is a pretty tough fighter. With that said I think GSP will ground and pound him out. And when you look at it this is really what is best for everyone. For the following reasons.
1. Enables Serra vs Huges fight.
2. If GSP losses where does that leave him? He is good enough to beat everyone else but for some odd reasons losses to Serra.
3. Enables GSP vs Fitch fight
4. We get to see Serra being pounded into the ground.
BlazinSaddle
2/15/08 6:26:46PM

Posted by Tailgunner

Posted by mrliquid

Ibut I still see Serra getting some big fights if he does loose maybe a Serra vs Hughes if Matt will agree to it.

you dont consider yves edwards, ivan menjivar or jeff curran a good fighters? you need to watch more MMA duder
Pages: [1] 2