Serra - Decision 4% (3)
GSP - Decision 4% (3)
Serra - Submission 6% (5)
GSP - Submission 12% (10)
Serra - t(ko) 21% (18)
GSP - t(ko) 54% (46)
chickmagnet
3/5/08 9:36:10PM
Interesting fight, in some ways I want Serra to win but GSP is looking like a destroyer right now, I think the only people who have a chance against GSP at welterweight are Matt Serra and if BJ was up at welterweight. Matt Serra by far is better on the ground, everyone says GSP is goin to beat Serra on the feet even though Serra knocked him silly. This is going to be a tough fight for GSP and I think there are gonna be some fireworks on the feet, on the ground GSP has to be very careful and not leave an arm or his neck hanging out because Serra can capitalize easy on that. St. Pierre also has to be careful on the feet, he should stick and move with hard kicks and hard punches and then if he gets Serra in trouble then he should put the pressure on. GSP might be a little tentative in this match because its going to be in the back of his head that Serra stopped him with strikes, this is going to be a great fight and the winner will secure dominancy in the WW division.
Pookie
3/5/08 9:38:42PM
In the spirit of jimimak i am going to put down large on serra
juanez13
3/5/08 9:41:24PM
I dont think GSP will risk keeping the fight standing, so he will take serra to the ground and control him, i doubt GSP will finish him, since serra is hard to KO, and even harder to SUB, so i'd say GSP takes it by UD, Using his wresteling to control the fight.
Pinkalicous
3/5/08 9:43:29PM
GSP wins, hes definatly the best in the world at the welterweight division. just like anderson silva in the middleweight division they will both be the champs for a long time to come.
Pookie
3/5/08 9:43:42PM

Posted by juanez13

I dont think GSP will risk keeping the fight standing, so he will take serra to the ground and control him, i doubt GSP will finish him, since serra is hard to KO, and even harder to SUB, so i'd say GSP takes it by UD, Using his wresteling to control the fight.

Over 5 rounds... that might be a terribly boring fight. Its sad, because your logic makes sense
loonytnt
3/5/08 9:58:06PM
i think it will go serra sub 2nd
roger
3/5/08 10:08:23PM
i say gsp takes this one to the ground quick and submits him in the end of the 2nd round
CactusBob
3/5/08 10:10:15PM
There are two big questions surrounding this fight. Is Serra physically and mentally ready after such an injury? And is GSP ready to face a man who knocked him out?
I think Serra is skilled and experienced enough that he is in fighting shape to go most of the fight. And I think GSP has matured enough to get past this and be confident again. My real concern (and I seem to say this alot) is cardio. Is Serra's cardio at 170 good enough to go 5 rounds because GSP's certainly will be. Serra is however enough of a veteran that he can never be counted out. This fight is tough to pick, but I will go once again with the logical choice in GSP. Not sure how yet though...
NatedawgThaM
3/5/08 10:24:44PM
I want Serra to knock his head off!!!!

But of course my fight picks don't say that...

Heart- Serra KO in the 1st
Brain- GSP TKO in the 2nd
JBatch
3/5/08 11:01:09PM
GSP pounds him out in the first. He saw what happened when his pal David LèOiseau got gunshy and he will not let it happen to him. GSP KOès Serra in the first round with a kick that floors him and then GnP,like he did to Hughes.
tuvok500
3/5/08 11:31:25PM
GSP will humiliate Serra by submitting him in from of 22000 crazy Canadians !!

An extra 2 sec choke would also be nice !!

After that Fitch will get KO like an amateur !!

Tailgunner
3/6/08 12:01:31AM
All I know is it has been the longest year having to hear all the Serra dreamers go on about how Serra has GSP's number and how Serra KTFO GSP...blah,blah,blah!

All that BS is going to end come April 19th when GSP ends Serras career.
JoyDivision
3/6/08 12:46:31AM
No way does lightning strike twice. GSP has improved tremendously, and we all know how GSP fights after a loss. He comes back very strongly. I think GSP will take him down and tko him in the second or third round.

I just hope the pressures of fighting in Canada won't affect GSP too much. One of his weaknesses I think is his mental game, but supposedly he sees a sports psychologist so hopefully it won't be an issue.
CantAndleDaRiddum
3/6/08 11:32:41AM

Posted by Tailgunner

All I know is it has been the longest year having to hear all the Serra dreamers go on about how Serra has GSP's number and how Serra KTFO GSP...blah,blah,blah!

JWils
3/6/08 12:31:27PM

Posted by juanez13

I dont think GSP will risk keeping the fight standing, so he will take serra to the ground and control him

I agree with this predicition. One thing I will say though is that I can see GSP getting a TKO from top position after round 2. I think GSP's wrestling will wear Serra out in the first few rounds.

If Serra is going to catch GSP in a sub, I think it has to be early. IMO, the longer this fight goes, the more the advantage swings to GSP.

jocka
3/6/08 12:34:53PM

Posted by Tailgunner

I agrea am tired of hearing about that kock out on april 19th the real #1 WW in the world is getting his belt back man i just cant wait to see it, I think GSP is gonna submit Serra IRONY
MondayNiteMauser
3/6/08 1:38:00PM
I truly believe that Serra is so over matched in this fight that GSP will make a point to Submit him early...proving that he is the anderson silva of the welterweight division. If fitch thinks he has a shot against GSP he has lost his mind....the guy is on a different planet right now ...i mean his only losses were to Matt Serra's best punch ever and a submission loss to hughes in a fight he was dominating and well i think he got matt back a couple of times for that fluke loss.....GSP just won't lose anytime soon....and the freak is like 25
mrliquid
3/6/08 1:39:14PM

Posted by juanez13

I hope he does take him to the ground since thats where Serra is best at his game the guys a pan am BJJ gold medalist and works well off his back if it stays on the ground I see Serra winning by sub in the later rounds if standing i'm taking Serra by Ko in the 2nd or 3rd.
Tein_Lung
3/6/08 2:02:53PM
i love how people think GSP will sub Serra when Serra has never been subed in his MMA carrer and only has 1 lose to KO... Serra is FAR better then GSP in jits.. if it ends in sub it will be casue Serra subbed GSP

I think serra win this becase no-one thinks he can and he will come out with nothing to lose and whoop him like he did last time
gartface
3/6/08 2:17:43PM

Posted by mrliquid

Posted by juanez13

I hope he does take him to the ground since thats where Serra is best at his game the guys a pan am BJJ gold medalist and works well off his back if it stays on the ground I see Serra winning by sub in the later rounds if standing i'm taking Serra by Ko in the 2nd or 3rd.

Thank you, GSP has no reason to take Serra to the ground. Serra can sub GSP easily off his back IMO.
For the 4 people that picked GSP by submission, Good Luck
gartface
3/6/08 2:19:45PM

Posted by MondayNiteMauser

I truly believe that Serra is so over matched in this fight that GSP will make a point to Submit him early...proving that he is the anderson silva of the welterweight division. If fitch thinks he has a shot against GSP he has lost his mind....the guy is on a different planet right now ...i mean his only losses were to Matt Serra's best punch ever and a submission loss to hughes in a fight he was dominating and well i think he got matt back a couple of times for that fluke loss.....GSP just won't lose anytime soon....and the freak is like 25

Wasn't Serra "so over matched" in the first match up?? Wasn't it something to this effect "GSP is fighting a washed up TUF winner, he's going to demolish Serra. Serra has no chance."
I won't continue because I believe everyone knows the rest.
Tailgunner
3/6/08 2:35:39PM
Who wants an Avatar bet that GSP beats Serra?? Anyone else want an Avatar like Pookie or Wolfman?

YMCA!
Gipper
3/6/08 4:34:32PM
we all watched what gsp did to hughes after losing to him. gsp knows he can be beatin by serra and that will drive him this time around. gsp will take this fight.
Tein_Lung
3/6/08 4:59:04PM
but in their first match GSP was dominating Hughes untill he got the lucky sub... At no point in the match with Serra was GSP at an advantage... Well excpet maybe when they touched gloves but after that Serra serverd GSP a HUGE can of whoop ass
backalley101
3/6/08 5:01:31PM
Come on people. You guys act like Serra is this elite fighter. He would have never even got a title shot if it wasn't for the show. He knocked out GSP. It won't happen again. Let's be realistic. Where would Serra be if not for the comeback show. Now you want to compare him to GSP? Come on, man. Serra hardly even beat the guys on show. GSP's gonna knock him out on the 2nd round! So to u Serra lovers, this is about to end!! 'Cause Serra is not the rocky of MMA. Peace!
Pookie
3/6/08 5:06:04PM

Posted by backalley101

...You guys act like Serra is this elite fighter... He knocked out GSP. Let's be realistic... Come on, man. 'Cause Serra is... ...the rocky of MMA. Peace!

Couldnt have said it better myself.
SERRA FTW!!!!
Tailgunner
3/6/08 5:13:12PM

Posted by backalley101

Come on people. You guys act like Serra is this elite fighter. He would have never even got a title shot if it wasn't for the show. He knocked out GSP. It won't happen again. Let's be realistic. Where would Serra be if not for the comeback show. Now you want to compare him to GSP? Come on, man. Serra hardly even beat the guys on show. GSP's gonna knock him out on the 2nd round! So to u Serra lovers, this is about to end!! 'Cause Serra is not the rocky of MMA. Peace!

+1 Backalley101 knows his sh*t!

People need to lay off the Serra Kool-aid it rots the brain!
gskyprodigy
3/6/08 5:48:36PM
....serra by TKO.......just like last time............if GSP decides to stand and bang like a man.....

.....GSP in his last 2 fights looked like a wimp....did NOT SHOW ANY STAND UP striking skills.....no more "Rush" anymore.....I want to see the old GSP back....

.....if GSP takes serra down....then GSP would win.....
whardin19
3/6/08 7:51:01PM
In my opinion I'd like to see Serra upset GSP again. It would be classic. But in all likelyhood it isn't going to happen and is probably best for future matchups. We can then see Serra vs. Hughes like we all want. We can also see a damn good matchup between GSP and Jon Fitch. I think Fitch kills Serra if he wins this matchup.
teddythetuna
3/12/08 4:55:00PM
when gsp lost to matt hughes it was because matt knew how to counter an armbar and serra ko'd him fair and square. however , it did take a few punches to knock st. pierre down and serra does hit hard. im not sure who said it but "the only thing worse than st. pierre is an angry st. pierre" and after the comments made by serra he is really angry. he has been 100% focused and out wrestled the most decorated wrestler and made hughes look like an amateur. i think serra is in for the beating of a life time but he does have a punchers chance.
gsp rd2 ko
Pages: [1] 2 3