Serra vs Hughes

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Serra vs Hughes
« Previous Page
Orlandi0053
4/13/07 12:52:14AM
Matt wins by rear naked choke against serra
JBatch
4/13/07 1:58:19AM
I would like to see Serra win. I think it is more probable that Hughes will. I just think that Serra embraces the role of underdog and looks to surprise, yet Hughes wants that belt back. I don't know I think I would have to say Serra via 4th rd sub.
keith-hackney1
4/13/07 3:05:50PM
Serra wont go into a title defense aginst hughes with intent to submit hughes. Serra will knock his ass out, hughes cant strike !! thats his biggest weakness, serra will have an easier title defense against hughes than he would st.pierre.
Anyone want to wager me when its on, pm me, i'll take all your wagers.
illinifighter
4/13/07 4:40:27PM

Posted by GhettoRedneck

serra wanted it bad enough to take it from Gsp who's better than Hughes. whats to stop him from kicking huges butt. plus his last performace agianst liddel wasn't to impressive
do the math Serra / GSP = Serra / hughes

first off its lytle
second hughes and GSP both had bad nights via knockout victorys against them
hughes is going to over power serra on the ground and pound his face into oblivion. Hughes was disapointed with himself in his last two fights, which means he is going to get serious and train like crazy. I have confidence in him beating serra but i could of swore he was going to be in the lwgp but after seeing this i guess he isnt.
Stickan
4/14/07 2:54:06PM
I think Serra has a decent chance against both Hughes and Kos, seeing as they both have had problems with sub wizards in the past.
Look how easy Diego took Kos back. I'm not saying Kos is a bad grappler, I just say that Serra is on a complete different level when it comes to bjj.

Serra always pushes the pace so I think, sooner or later he'd end up on the ground whether it'd be on his back or in someones guard I think he has the advantage there. He won't be knocked out on the feet either.

I give him a 40% chance against Hughes and 50% against Kos. Parisyan would beat him 8/10 times though.

Diego would be one hell of a test for Serra. Serra would probably only win 1/10 against him.
hippysmacker
4/14/07 3:23:52PM

Posted by roadking95th

Hughes by one of those boring ass, VISCIOUS GnP. Looks like a lot of money to be made for Hughes fans.

I agree, I will be wagering heavily on Hughes. Gotta love Serra, but people seem to forget that Hughes Is BJJ blackbelt according to Horn and Gurgel, those guys aren't shabby at jits. I'll take Hughes, wagers welcome
MMA
4/14/07 4:26:43PM
Although I believe Hughes is going to win, I cannot look past Serra since he destroyed St. Pierre. Funny how people seem to forget that Hughes has lost twice via submission to Dennis Hallman (all in under a min). Serra could definitely pull off a submission victory.
FortySixBelow
4/15/07 7:50:58AM
I think it is an awesome match up. I have had trouble figuring out who will win this one in my mind. I think that if Serra can damage Hughes early with some stand-up...

It all boils down to if Hughes gets him on the ground, and when, he will not submit him, if anything GNP him, which is what i expect.

I want Serra to win, but i ain't putting any bets on this one...
Juggernaut
4/15/07 11:00:44PM
alright, finally, the battle of the short people. i for one am going to go with Serra on this one. Although Hughes is stronger and a much better wrestler, Serra has heavier hands and i think that if Hughes takes Serra down, Serra can tap hin out. but thats just my opinion. either way, I think it just may end up going all 5 rounds
loller90278
4/16/07 12:44:39AM
i just got home from italy and i saw SERRA VIA KO IN THE FIRST ROUND?! AHAHA I CANT STOP LAUGHINGGGGGGG
Mitchell740
10/1/07 4:15:41PM

Posted by loller90278

i just got home from italy and i saw SERRA VIA KO IN THE FIRST ROUND?! AHAHA I CANT STOP LAUGHINGGGGGGG

I agree, Hughes will make Serra want to stop pigging out on pizza and go back to lw.
MattHughesFan
10/1/07 4:43:36PM
Matt Hughes Via Tap out due to strikes. Only way Serra wins is if Hughes Trips on an abnormally large pool of Bodily liquids.
TNunley
10/2/07 9:17:22AM
Matt Serra via KO or sub if Hughes tries to take it to the ground. Hughes has had trouble with standing with anybody, and Serra was comfortable enough to stand with the best WW and a top 5 P4P fighter (IMO) being GSP. Everyone also saw how Hughes faired against Penn... not saying I'm comparing Penn and Serra but Serra is definitely no slouch in his ground game.
hathcock32
10/2/07 10:44:08AM
Stand up war.........is possible!
thepunisher
10/2/07 11:00:25AM
Matt Serra 2 rd TKO via foot stomps
JWils
10/2/07 11:06:01AM
I'm taking Hughes by TKO in 3rd or 4th round.

Matt Serra is a poor man's BJ Penn, IMO. Serra presents SOME danger on the feet and SOME danger on the ground to Hughes. No where near the problems that BJ Penn brings to the table. I just really feel that Hughes is to strong and to skilled on the ground to get caught by Serra. I see Hughes owning this fight after the 2nd round.

Serra's best chance to win this fight is in the early going, IMO. I have never seen Hughes gas and he is the bigger, stronger fighter. So, I'm confident he can wear Serra down.
Mitchell740
10/2/07 9:28:39PM

Posted by TNunley

Matt Serra via KO or sub if Hughes tries to take it to the ground. Hughes has had trouble with standing with anybody, and Serra was comfortable enough to stand with the best WW and a top 5 P4P fighter (IMO) being GSP. Everyone also saw how Hughes faired against Penn... not saying I'm comparing Penn and Serra but Serra is definitely no slouch in his ground game.

Serra is already falling into Hughes mind games, not to mention he has already showed on numerous occasions he is subconciously afaraid by trash talking Hughes. This pudgy lightweight who got a bs decision and a lucky kick is done.
Mitchell740
10/2/07 9:30:58PM

Posted by JWils

I'm taking Hughes by TKO in 3rd or 4th round.

Matt Serra is a poor man's BJ Penn, IMO. Serra presents SOME danger on the feet and SOME danger on the ground to Hughes. No where near the problems that BJ Penn brings to the table. I just really feel that Hughes is to strong and to skilled on the ground to get caught by Serra. I see Hughes owning this fight after the 2nd round.

Serra's best chance to win this fight is in the early going, IMO. I have never seen Hughes gas and he is the bigger, stronger fighter. So, I'm confident he can wear Serra down.

I would love if Matt started working on a spinning backfist and nailed Serra with it worse than Carter did. But what I would love even more is a death by slam.
jocksmall
10/3/07 12:07:45AM
i have to say that hughes will finish him ref stoppage most likely
Pages: 1 [2]