Is ufc 84 seriously named Ill Will?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Is ufc 84 seriously named Ill Will?
Pookie
2/27/08 2:39:21AM
NAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

really though thats too funny...
ChokeUout
2/27/08 2:43:39AM
lol...Seriously? It's Named "ill Will?"

BRAVEHEARTS!! OOCHY WALLY WALLY OOCHIE BANG BANG!

lol, for real tho, you got a link or something? I been wondering what they were gonna call it

EDIT: Nevermind, I just peeped ufc.com
CornishMMA
2/27/08 7:18:50AM
LOLAGE

Damn we knew they were running out of names but thats terrible!
THE_DRiZzLE
2/27/08 10:04:16AM
ill will?! and soon to come "2 legit 2 quit"
d_block07
2/27/08 10:18:06AM
at first glance i thoguht it was "I Will" so compared to that "ill will" isnt bad if they had a fihter name Will headline it itd make more sense but sadly no such fighter exists on the ufc roster maybe WIlson Govieua?
CactusBob
2/27/08 11:16:07AM
It is still a quality card...
emfleek
2/27/08 11:22:17AM

Posted by THE_DRiZzLE

"2 legit 2 quit"

That's being saved for a possible Hughes/Serra matchup.
AchillesHeel
2/27/08 11:52:45AM

Posted by THE_DRiZzLE

ill will?! and soon to come "2 legit 2 quit"

Ugh!
Franklinfan47
2/27/08 12:21:04PM
I thought it was pretty lame as well.

How bout if Rich Franklin is on a card in the future they name it TOO COOL FOR SCHOOL
CantAndleDaRiddum
2/27/08 1:51:29PM
i thought it was III WIII at first, hope ufc uses a good font so its easy on the eyes
Kastro
2/27/08 1:54:21PM
" Nas Escobar moving on your reproduction pumpin' corruption in this third world we just bussin... "
DBest
2/27/08 4:26:43PM

Posted by Pookie

ILL Will was Nas's Best Friend, he died years ago. I dont find that funny. But that is odd that UFC 84 is called that.
gsquat
2/27/08 4:50:30PM

Posted by DBest

Posted by Pookie

ILL Will was Nas's Best Friend, he died years ago. I dont find that funny. But that is odd that UFC 84 is called that.

Doesn't really make ny sense to me but I hope you're not being serious. I don't think Pookie was laughing at anyone's death.
iwannabesedated
2/27/08 5:45:02PM
I think they should do away with the corny names to the PPVS.. Just have it like like UFC 82 Henderson Vs Silva...Name it after the fighters in the main event.It may not be original but at least its not corny.
TimW001
2/27/08 5:54:42PM
4's have always had bad names.

14 - Showdown
24 - First Defense
34 - High Voltage
54 - Boiling Point
74 - Respect
84 - Ill WIll
whardin19
2/27/08 6:16:26PM
Kind of a retarted name if you ask me. I know Sherk and Penn have "Ill Will" as there calling it. But come on! Can't they come up with a better name? This one sucks...lol!
DoTheMMAth
2/27/08 6:25:16PM
Taken right from their site - man it just doesn't roll off the tongue nor is it easy on the eyes. They've already used Nemesis, Bitter Rivals, and Vendetta. I suppose "Ill Will" is the best their synonym machine could come up with for the rivalry between Sherk/Penn.

IMO they should just do like Pride did with names, just add some l33t adjectives to the beginning and keep using similar names if they fit, like "UFC 84: Critical Nemesis Absolute" or something like that ya know?
bls1919
2/27/08 6:32:47PM
It is still going to be a hell of a fight card
Pookie
2/27/08 6:40:10PM

Posted by DoTheMMAth

Taken right from their site - man it just doesn't roll off the tongue nor is it easy on the eyes. They've already used Nemesis, Bitter Rivals, and Vendetta. I suppose "Ill Will" is the best their synonym machine could come up with for the rivalry between Sherk/Penn.

IMO they should just do like Pride did with names, just add some l33t adjectives to the beginning and keep using similar names if they fit, like "UFC 84: Critical Nemesis Absolute" or something like that ya know?

Like an annual event, similar to Shockwave. Thats a pretty good idea.
DBest
2/27/08 8:21:29PM

Posted by gsquat

Posted by DBest

Posted by Pookie

Doesn't really make ny sense to me but I hope you're not being serious. I don't think Pookie was laughing at anyone's death.

Here is proof. And i dont think nobody really knows this.
P.S. didn't mean to seem like an ass. My bad if I did.

Link