Sergei Kharitonov

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Sergei Kharitonov
jgtribbett
3/30/08 8:35:26PM
I want to see him in UFC. He weights 220lbs and he could cut to 205lb (as if they need more LHWs) In any case. He would be a good contender imo and could be a valuable addition to UFC's HW division... especially since they just lost Tim Sylvia.

He holds wins over Pedro Rizzo, Fabricio Werdum, Allistar Overeem and Semmy Schilt.

In this ... you have a "ranking oldtimer" that has been around the block, an ADCC Champ, A monster of a striker and a fairly accomplished and well rounded striker.

I think that he would be a great adition. Any comments?
juanez13
3/30/08 9:00:59PM
Absolutely agree, is would love to see sergei in the UFC. But there was some talk about sergei coming to the UFC, but it was him who rejected the offer, cant remember why though, i think had something to do with traveling and his family.
jgtribbett
3/30/08 9:12:58PM
damn that sucks to hear. he would do well imo.
nickcuc547
3/30/08 9:15:24PM
would be a good addition, they need to throw the book at him. btw where the hell is aleks E.
hotrodttt
3/30/08 9:34:16PM
I was thinking the same thing, Sergei would cause havoc in the UFC Heavyweight Division, he could beat the current Champ Big Nog because he already beat Werdum and both Nog's said that Werdum is a scary person on the ground that could out Jui Jitsu them. He could definatly beat anybody in the UFC as of today, but the only people I see causing Sergei problems are Gabe Gonzaga, Andrei Arlovski, and if he comes back, Randy Couture. Also, If Fedor came to the UFC then everybody knows what would happen.
jgtribbett
3/30/08 9:40:22PM
When did the nog's say that?
hotrodttt
3/30/08 9:51:40PM

Posted by jgtribbett

When did the nog's say that?

He said it a couple years back at one of the ADCC Tournaments

prozacnation1978
3/30/08 10:57:26PM
I WISH HE WAS ALSO in the division
hails
3/30/08 11:11:21PM
Unfortunately for us the fans, it is not as simple as get him back inside the UFC.

When I listen to fighters talk, they always say how much money they can earn doing other shows other than the UFC.

He probably earns heaps more fighting for smaller orgs.

Isn't that why Tim left the UFC, he wanted the $500,000 a fight cheque which he is rumoured to be getting now outside of the UFC.

Some of the old school guys, like Tank, see how much he got for the fight against Kimbo? He is a 6 figure man!!!!

It is crazy to see how much people earn outside of the UFC. I know the listed pay and the real one can differ, sponsors, bonuses etc.
Rush
3/30/08 11:39:14PM
I have Sergei ranked 8th in my rankings. Nuff said.
tepid55
3/30/08 11:56:28PM
Kharitonov would own the UFC heavyweight division.
jgtribbett
3/31/08 11:14:10PM
iI'm not so sure about own and i dont think that he can out..strike or gnp or grapple big nog.. but .. i think hed own kongo, hearing, sylvia (if he was stil there ) and would give nog and couture a huge war... i havent seen him fight in whiel so he couldve gotten better. problem is.. he isnt as polished and couture or nog imo.. but like i said.. he could have gotten a ton better. he would definetely fill a hugh gap in the heavy weight division. we'll see when he fights cro cop
pv3Hpv3p
4/1/08 12:08:13PM
There are rumblings of a fight against Mirko at an upcoming Dream show... I just like to see him fight personally... Good striker... good Sambo... that's a combination I've seen work rather well for some HW's anyways... cough*arlovski*cough*emelianenko brothers*cough
hippysmacker
4/1/08 12:25:32PM

Posted by hotrodttt

I was thinking the same thing, Sergei would cause havoc in the UFC Heavyweight Division, he could beat the current Champ Big Nog because he already beat Werdum and both Nog's said that Werdum is a scary person on the ground that could out Jui Jitsu them. He could definatly beat anybody in the UFC as of today, but the only people I see causing Sergei problems are Gabe Gonzaga, Andrei Arlovski, and if he comes back, Randy Couture. Also, If Fedor came to the UFC then everybody knows what would happen.

First I totally disagree with your assertion that MMA math means anything. It is the most easily disproven theory ever. 2nd - yes Big Nog said that Werdum is better at BJJ than him. Big Nog then said but this is MMA in the prefight interview, right before he beat Werdum In Pride. Your opinion is your own I guess , but how you think Sergei could definitely beat Nog kind of throws me. Big Nog ALREADY beat Sergei in Pride. So yeah,I think Sregei would be a good addition to the UFC, especially with the possible defections they have had at HVY lately. Still, I think you are making him out be a lot more than the facts have shown.
Kastro
4/2/08 5:47:31PM
Agreed..

Kharitonov is a beast he would definitely stir things up in the UFC HW division, the Pride weight always had him listed at 240lbs so I dont know if he is really 220lbs but he looks like it..

I would also like to see Aleks E. in the UFC as well, with the absence of Tim Sylvia, Randy Couture, and Mirko Cro Cop the HW division is looking weak again.
gartface
4/2/08 11:33:27PM
Aleks has a criminal record, and I don't think he can get a visa.

Edit: I was misinformed about Mark Hunt.
Pookie
4/3/08 6:04:45AM

Posted by gartface

Aleks has a criminal record, and I don't think he can get a visa. Just like Mark Hunt.

Mark hunt doesnt have a criminal record... wtf?