Sengoku IX Preview: Featherweight Grand Prix Final Preview

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Sengoku IX Preview: Featherweight Grand Prix Final Preview
emfleek
7/31/09 11:30:05AM
Sengoku IX will take place on Sunday, August 2nd from Saitama Super Arena in Tokyo, Japan. The card features a laundry list of solid match-ups that will likely intrigue hardcore fans, including the conclusion of the Featherweight Grand Prix. The participants remaining are former UFC fighter Michihiro Omigawa, Pancrase veteran Marlon Sandro, former ZST fighter Masanori Kanehara, and Shooto veteran Hatsu Hioki. Hatsu Hioki is the heavy favorite to win the entire tournament, but Michihiro Omigawa and Marlon Sandro have come on surprisingly strong during the preliminary rounds of the Grand Prix. Can either man knock off Hatsu Hioki?

STORY
Kpro
7/31/09 6:07:01PM
Too bad they didn't move this to being a live event on HDNet since Affliction was canceled.
DCRage
7/31/09 6:20:15PM
Funny this review comes from someone on a site where the main man says if you're gonna preview a big card, do the entire card or at least the prelims too. Not even a mention of Kitaoka-Hirota?
lohmann
7/31/09 7:31:38PM

Posted by DCRage

Funny this review comes from someone on a site where the main man says if you're gonna preview a big card, do the entire card or at least the prelims too. Not even a mention of Kitaoka-Hirota?

He's only previewing the featherweight grand prix, not the entire card.

I still hold to my earlier prediction that Marlon Sandro's going to win this thing, but it's not like I'd bet the house on it. Omigawa is stiff competion, and Hioki seems to have a whole new focus. This grand prix definitely intrigues me more than the DREAM one does.