Sengoku 7: Play By Play & Spoilers

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » Sengoku 7: Play By Play & Spoilers
EvenFlow
3/20/09 4:58:30AM
PBP Link

Nick Denis def. Seiya Kawahara by rd. 1 TKO (Punches)
Ronnie Mann def. Tetsuya Yamada by Decision (Unanimous)
Chan Sung Jung def. Shintaro Ishiwatari by rd. 1 Sub (Rear Naked Choke)
Masanori Kanehara def. Jong Man Kin by Decision (Unanimous)
Marlon Sandro def. Matt Jaggers by rd. 2 Sub (Arm Triangle Choke)
Michihiro Omigawa def. LC Davis by Decision (Unanimous)
Jim York def. James Thompson by rd. 1 KO (Punch)
Nam Phan def. Hideki Kadowaki by rd. 1 KO (Punches)
Hatsu Hioki def. Chris Manuel by rd. 1 sub (Armbar)
Muhammed Lawal def. Ryo Kawamura by Decision (Unanimous)

Thats the whole event, hope everyone who saw it enjoyed it
lohmann
3/20/09 5:18:16AM
Way better than DREAM 7 so far.
EvenFlow
3/20/09 5:44:02AM

Posted by lohmann

Way better than DREAM 7 so far.

definatly, and i cant believe the playground is ignoring this event, i have never seen a pbp go unposted after the first fight was over or unposted for that matter
lohmann
3/20/09 6:35:03AM
Wow, LC got beat down thoroughly.

Best card of the year so far.
DCRage
3/20/09 6:41:36AM
Well, remember it started at 4 AM ET on a Friday morning. BTW, it's Nick Denis, not Davis. Anyway, here are some more detailed results (also I'll be putting up today's Shooto results when they become available, they're running an event right now too):
Nick Denis beat Seiya Kawahara by TKO (strikes) at 2:36 of round 1.
Ronnie Mann beat Tetsuya Yamada by unanimous decision, 3 30-29s.
Chan Sung Jung beat Shintaro Ishiwatari by submisison (rear naked choke) at 4:29 of round 1.
Masanori Kanehara beat Jong Man Kim by unanimous decision, 30-27, 30-28, 30-29.
Featherweight King Of Pancrase Marlon Sandro beat Matt Jaggers by submission (kata-gatame) at 2:57 of round 2.
Michihiro Omigawa beat LC Davis by unanimous decision, 2 30-28s and 1 30-27.
Jim York beat James Thompson by KO at 4:33 of round 1.
Nam Phan beat Hideki Kadowaki by KO at 3:09 of round 1.
Hatsu Hioki beat Chris Manuel by submission (armbar) at 4:12 of round 1.
Main Event: Muhammad Lawal vs. Light Heavyweight King Of Pancrase Ryo Kawamura
EvenFlow
3/20/09 7:15:05AM
^ Why did you post that? just curious
Shawn91111
3/20/09 7:16:39AM

Posted by EvenFlow

^ Why did you post that? just curious

was wondering the samething
DCRage
3/20/09 7:30:53AM
Phan just KO'd Kadowaki.
DCRage
3/20/09 8:10:07AM
Lawal wins Main Event by UD. That's the show.
EvenFlow
3/20/09 8:10:35AM
9-1, 70pts but i forgot to parlay/bet

edit: could have sworn i picked hioki in the 1st
DCRage
3/20/09 8:14:58AM
Gotta total my score, but 7-3 and much to my delight absolutely NAILED the Hot Event. I had been going with Thompson for a while because I thought it was a different Jim York then I saw who it really was and wisely changed. Defend your boy, JTWW. (If my MMAth is correct, 60 points. Pretty good, a lot of 7-point results)

Edit: Main event scores were 2 30-27s and 1 30-24 (OUCH) Lawal.
hippysmacker
3/20/09 8:19:25AM
stats are done. i am going to sleep.
Franklinfan47
3/20/09 9:08:45AM
I finished 8-2, with 61 points. Luckily I nailed the hot bout perfectly because I knew Thompsons chin would make him go down early. I picked LC Davis wrong, but I think everyone was surprised by that result. WAR OMIGAWA! dudes a little pitbull. I also picked Shintaro Ishiwatari wrong, the "Korean Zombie" really impressed me. I also nailed my parlay of York, Phan, and Hioki. Hioki is still my pick to win the whole thing.
DCRage
3/20/09 9:09:49AM
I also read Omigawa pulled a Dana on the mic after the fight. Very surprised by that result, I had a lot of confidence in LC going deep into the tournament. With him out I'm going with Marlon Sandro to win.
lohmann
3/20/09 9:13:50AM

Posted by DCRage

I also read Omigawa pulled a Dana on the mic after the fight. Very surprised by that result, I had a lot of confidence in LC going deep into the tournament. With him out I'm going with Marlon Sandro to win.

Yeah, I thought Sandro, Davis, and Hioki were all locks to get into at least the second round (or the third, depending on the next round's matchups), with Phan serving as the dark horse. In a tournament like this, though, it's also a lock that someone gets upset in the first round.

They were doing draws for the next round when the live stream went off-air. Any idea on who is getting matched in the next round?
loller90278
3/20/09 1:15:08PM
man that event blew dream 7 out of the water. all the fights were exciting!
DCRage
3/20/09 1:18:46PM
I'll try and catch a stream of the replay tonight if MMATurf has it on (they usually show HDNet Fights and I don't have HDNet), I'd like to see what happened to LC as well as some of the KOs. On paper it sounded like a very good show considering how those judges seemed to be handing out 10-10 rounds left and right.
ncordless
3/20/09 1:43:34PM

Posted by DCRage

I'll try and catch a stream of the replay tonight if MMATurf has it on (they usually show HDNet Fights and I don't have HDNet), I'd like to see what happened to LC as well as some of the KOs. On paper it sounded like a very good show considering how those judges seemed to be handing out 10-10 rounds left and right.

10-10 rounds are a lot more common in Japan, especially in Shooto. It does sound like some good action. I want to see King Mo's fight, as the pBp makes it sound like he just dumped his opponent on his head repeatedly.
The_Ho_Bag
3/20/09 2:37:14PM
i feel bad for JT he has such bad luck
Rollins
3/20/09 4:05:44PM
Man what a rough night for JT and the WW.....

must

carry

on.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
3/21/09 1:51:26AM
What a great card i just finished watching it , dvr it last night . War hdnet
DCRage
3/21/09 9:29:13AM
Videos of the fights are now up in the MMA Videos section. I was able to put 7 fights up here, 8 total have made their way online. The only one I couldn't put up was Denis-Kawahara, the owner/uploader disabled embedding but you can still view it here:
http://www.myvideofight.com/video/sengoku/nick-denis-vs-seiya-kawahara-7th-battle/index.html