Sengoku 8: FWGP Matchups Announced

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Sengoku 8: FWGP Matchups Announced
DCRage
3/31/09 6:39:33AM
World Victory Road today announced all 4 matchups for it's Featherweight GP Quarterfinals to be held at Sengoku 8 on 5/2. The promotion also announced or confirmed 3 non-GP fights for the card.

Article
sclasclemski
3/31/09 4:39:20PM
sweet...do you know why sengoku isn't running a welterweight GP as well...I figured up to this point they had been mirroring everythin Dream did?
lohmann
3/31/09 5:49:01PM

Posted by sclasclemski

sweet...do you know why sengoku isn't running a welterweight GP as well...I figured up to this point they had been mirroring everythin Dream did?

The talent pool may be a little thin.

I'm glad to see they didn't throw Hatsu Hioki a softball. Props to World Victory Road for not giving their stars an easy time of it.

EDIT: It's a poor assumption to say that Sengoku mirrors DREAM. They spend less money on fighters and grow their own stars; they don't give in to the demands of high-profile fighters like DREAM is doing with Yamamoto. Mirroring DREAM in every way would bankrupt Sengoku like it's going to do to DREAM.