Sengoku Correction Needed

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Sengoku Correction Needed
Next Page »
robnashville
9/28/08 9:36:51AM
The result for the Mo Lawal vs Travis Wiuff fight in the Sengoku results is incorrect. I just watched the fight on video and it was actually Lawal with the first round TKO. he landed the superman punch then got a double leg, got in a couple of ground and pound shots and ref stopped the fight.....
DCRage
9/28/08 9:44:17AM
Same for Kondo-Sasaki, Kondo won by 2nd round submission. On my results page it says Sasaki won.
juanez13
9/28/08 9:46:25AM

Posted by DCRage

Same for Kondo-Sasaki, Kondo won by 2nd round submission. On my results page it says Sasaki won.

I've only seen MMA mania having Kondo the winner, every other site i've seen have Sasaki the winner, even went to the sherdog forums to see the play by play and the too have sasaki the winner.
robnashville
9/28/08 10:05:57AM
just watched the sasaki fight....he won in 2nd round with rear naked choke....
disorderlyvision
9/28/08 10:06:46AM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by DCRage

I've only seen MMA mania having Kondo the winner, every other site i've seen have Sasaki the winner, even went to the sherdog forums to see the play by play and the too have sasaki the winner.

well it is easy to confuse the yukis
babalu2720
9/28/08 10:50:09AM

Posted by robnashville

The result for the Mo Lawal vs Travis Wiuff fight in the Sengoku results is incorrect. I just watched the fight on video and it was actually Lawal with the first round TKO. he landed the superman punch then got a double leg, got in a couple of ground and pound shots and ref stopped the fight.....

Ya Mo won by TKO. He didn't look super impressive though because the superman pucnh was really the only shot he landed up untl that point, but he definetly has the potential, he's real quick on his feet, and looks to pack a punch, and he's always got the wrestling, so I'm curious to see how far he goes.
xposipx
9/28/08 11:42:33AM
Sasaki won rd 2 submission Lawal won rd 1 ko. The vids are on youtube.
westcelt182
9/28/08 11:43:47AM
yeah the superman punch was the only one Mo landed and it was the only one he needed. How could you not be impressed by an 0-0 Mo beating Travis Wiuff who was just coming off winning that Yamma (yamma right?) heavyweight tournament and was riding on a win streak. And he beat him in only 2 minutes! thats pretty impressive
babalu2720
9/28/08 1:08:15PM

Posted by westcelt182

yeah the superman punch was the only one Mo landed and it was the only one he needed. How could you not be impressed by an 0-0 Mo beating Travis Wiuff who was just coming off winning that Yamma (yamma right?) heavyweight tournament and was riding on a win streak. And he beat him in only 2 minutes! thats pretty impressive

People have a different opinion of impressive. I'd rather see Mo domiate Travis over the entire fight, consittently beating him to the punch, and outwrestling him, rather than landing one punch. And I said I wasn't super impressed, that doesn't mean I said his performnace wasn't good.

And the YAMMA tourney was a joke. The stupid cage, and the short rounds, so if you got the first takedown you won. That's not a knock on Travis, he fought and did his job, and yes he was on a winning streak, but lets take it with a grain of salt. Travis is a solid vet, not much more.
Barksdale
9/28/08 1:10:12PM

Posted by babalu2720

Posted by westcelt182

People have a different opinion of impressive. I'd rather see Mo domiate Travis over the entire fight, consittently beating him to the punch, and outwrestling him, rather than landing one punch. And I said I wasn't super impressed, that doesn't mean I said his performnace wasn't good.

And the YAMMA tourney was a joke. The stupid cage, and the short rounds, so if you got the first takedown you won. That's not a knock on Travis, he fought and did his job, and yes he was on a winning streak, but lets take it with a grain of salt. Travis is a solid vet, not much more.

Well that's fine and all, but anybody who actually fights would rather get rid of the guy in 2 minutes then dominate him for 15 risking injury to impress you. He was impressive.

Mmaplayground needs to change this, Kondo did lose, but Wiuff got stopped by strikes in the first round.
robnashville
9/28/08 1:22:23PM

Posted by Barksdale

Mmaplayground needs to change this, Kondo did lose, but Wiuff got stopped by strikes in the first round.

it may or may not get changed.... folks have pointed out incorrect stuff before and it hasn't been corrected.....

all you can do is let them know......
Svartorm
9/28/08 3:02:32PM
Sorry guys, we're waiting until everyone agrees with everyone else. Being as so few people could actually watch the events, there seems to be a lot of confusion as to who won what fights. I'm sure it'll be sorted out later in the day though.
wolfman
9/28/08 3:09:31PM

Posted by Svartorm

Sorry guys, we're waiting until everyone agrees with everyone else. Being as so few people could actually watch the events, there seems to be a lot of confusion as to who won what fights. I'm sure it'll be sorted out later in the day though.

See the result for yourself here....

Definitely Mo by 1st rd. TKO.....
npayant
9/28/08 4:18:26PM

Posted by wolfman

Posted by Svartorm

See the result for yourself here....

Definitely Mo by 1st rd. TKO.....

Yeah, not too much confusion or doubt here.

That changes my score.... lol!
TroubleMan
9/28/08 5:37:44PM

Mo beat Wiuff. Here's the fight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4VvFbBa2iw
jodybanman
9/28/08 6:49:43PM
It's bull if they don't change it. I was one of the few who picked Lawal, and I want it reflected in my points and earnings. I put money on him, too.
robnashville
9/28/08 7:50:18PM

Posted by jodybanman

It's bull if they don't change it. I was one of the few who picked Lawal, and I want it reflected in my points and earnings. I put money on him, too.

Yeah.....i picked him to in the points....i think only like 50 folks picked him there..... the other 500 went with Wiuff...

it's not so much the 7 points that i'll get.... it is more the integrity of the thing.....
Tombsuprat
9/28/08 8:08:30PM
This stuff annoys me. Everyone makes mistakes but I pointed out a mistake in a Cage Rage event last season or 2 where they have 2nd Rd Sub when it was really a 3rd Rd Sub.I reported it but nothing was changed.

It's BS if they don't change it since 1 point could be the difference in winning REAL money on this site.
jodybanman
9/28/08 8:43:59PM
I encourage everyone who picked Lawal to go to About/Info, and then choose feedback and let the people who run the site know that you want the results changed.

Hell, even if you didn't pick Lawal and just want it changed in the interest of fairness and propriety let them know.

Somebody f****ed up and it needs to be rectified.
npayant
9/28/08 9:33:24PM

Posted by jodybanman

I haven't seen anywhere that they (the site admins) said they wouldn't change the result. If I remember correctly, Svatorm said they were just waiting for official results and that things would get taken care of.

I picked Wiuff... but I'm all for fairness! Just be patient... I'm sure something will be done about it.
jiujitsufreak74
9/28/08 9:46:20PM

Posted by npayant

Posted by jodybanman

I haven't seen anywhere that they (the site admins) said they wouldn't change the result. If I remember correctly, Svatorm said they were just waiting for official results and that things would get taken care of.

I picked Wiuff... but I'm all for fairness! Just be patient... I'm sure something will be done about it.

yeah i picked Wiuff as well but i don't see any opposition to this. if this site has one thing it's integrity; i expect something will be done very shortly.
beerman77
9/28/08 10:38:01PM

Posted by DCRage

hope they get it fixed i piced MO, and KONDO. help my point alot
Svartorm
9/28/08 11:03:23PM
I absolutely promise its going to be changed. The thing is once the results are "locked", only the site owner can unlock them, so we have to wait until he gets online again, but I'm sure he'll be on tomorrow.

Just sit tight all.

Also, just want to point out that Sasaki DID beat Kondo. People reporting Kondo won were apparently in error, like those that reported Wiuff winning. I've never seen this much trouble involving getting the results of an event, but sounds like the event wasn't too popular on tv, and I couldn't find anyone that was watching it online. Sucks because it sounded like a good card.
jodybanman
9/28/08 11:15:41PM
Cool, thank you.

It's not even like I'm going to gain that many more points or anything, it's just this niggling sense of incorrectness.
beerman77
9/28/08 11:16:33PM

Posted by Svartorm

I absolutely promise its going to be changed. The thing is once the results are "locked", only the site owner can unlock them, so we have to wait until he gets online again, but I'm sure he'll be on tomorrow.

Just sit tight all.

Also, just want to point out that Sasaki DID beat Kondo. People reporting Kondo won were apparently in error, like those that reported Wiuff winning. I've never seen this much trouble involving getting the results of an event, but sounds like the event wasn't too popular on tv, and I couldn't find anyone that was watching it online. Sucks because it sounded like a good card.

cool thanks
Svartorm
9/28/08 11:40:17PM

Posted by jodybanman

Cool, thank you.

It's not even like I'm going to gain that many more points or anything, it's just this niggling sense of incorrectness.

Its chill. I just watched that fight and Mo looked WAY comfortable in there for his first pro fight. I'd want to show off that I knew that would happen too.
steadymobbin
9/29/08 12:22:01AM
I almost picked Mo too after I learned more about him, I didn't want to compete with the 90% against him though so I changed my mind. I did put a fake $200 on him though lol.

I'm looking forward to a good quality download of the event to come out, Siyar is an awesome fighter and almost every other fight is interesting too.
Svartorm
9/29/08 12:38:25AM
I took Siyar, butt obviously a 22 second fight ending with an accidental elbow dislocation wasn't his best show. I was hoping that would be another Cyborg vs. Manhoef, as both guys can bang and have solid chins. I'm sure they'll rematch it though.
hippysmacker
9/29/08 1:11:46AM
its fixed now.
Rush
9/29/08 12:38:04PM

Posted by hippysmacker

its fixed now.

Good that gives me an extra 7 pts.
Pages: [1] 2