Sengoku 7...Championship Fights Will Be Five Rounds

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Sengoku 7...Championship Fights Will Be Five Rounds
Wolfenstein
1/2/09 11:31:01PM
Just wondering, I thought both main event fights would be for five rounds? Is anyone sure that these are three round fights?
Svartorm
1/3/09 1:56:45AM
Not sure considering its their first title fights, but Japanese promotions have never been into having championship rounds, as its more of a Western boxing concept that was adopted to MMA.
Playground_Samurai
1/3/09 4:41:51AM
This recent article on sherdog says the championship fights are 5 rounds.
Wolfenstein
1/3/09 4:46:55AM

Posted by gspfan

This recent article on sherdog says the championship fights are 5 rounds.

Yeah, I'd seen it listed on a site earlier but it wasn't the most reliable. Hope no one is picking a three round decision, because it's probably too late to change it.
mentalcase
1/3/09 6:58:48AM
are they going to add the 5 rounds to the pick options will this mess my picks up??
hippysmacker
1/3/09 4:04:25PM
I wish someone had let me know within the 24 hour window.I only found out when I logged on this morning and got he fight card update. With less than 11 hours till cut off time it doesn't seem fair to change it now I am sorry we didn't' know about this. If the fight goes longer than 3 rounds than we will just delete the fight from the picks.
MikeyG
1/3/09 4:17:04PM

Posted by hippysmacker

I wish someone had let me know within the 24 hour window.I only found out when I logged on this morning and got he fight card update. With less than 11 hours till cut off time it doesn't seem fair to change it now I am sorry we didn't' know about this. If the fight goes longer than 3 rounds than we will just delete the fight from the picks.

I think it would be easier to just not give anyone the round point if that happens.
RampageOwnedYou
1/3/09 5:01:58PM

I think that makes perfect sense.
It doesnt make sense to change it now.
npayant
1/3/09 7:16:54PM

Posted by hippysmacker

So basically you're saying don't pick Judges Decision even if we think will go to one because the fight will be thrown out if it goes past the 3rd?? I just want to be sure on this....

If it's like it sounds, we should pick anything put judges decision (in one of the frist 3 rounds).
Kpro
1/3/09 7:19:30PM
if you pick a UD or SD it doesn't matter how long it goes. you can't "pick" a 3 round decision.

I say we just toss out the 2 point part of any result that ends in round 4 or 5. Way easier than erasing entire fights that some of us will win and some will lose fairly.
npayant
1/3/09 9:21:19PM

Posted by Kpro

if you pick a UD or SD it doesn't matter how long it goes. you can't "pick" a 3 round decision.

I agree... but he said if it goes past the 3rd round, they will just delete it -- that makes me very nervous to pick a UD or SD based on that wording because if either of the Championship bouts go to a decision of some sort, they will obviously be going past the 3rd.

And, I also agree... it would make more sense to just throw out the 2 points if it goes beyond the 3rd (UNLESS someone picks a UD or SD - they should get full points).
Svartorm
1/4/09 2:42:15PM
You should at least count picking the fighter. Its the last event of the season and that could change everything for someone.
npayant
1/4/09 3:51:05PM

Posted by Svartorm

You should at least count picking the fighter. Its the last event of the season and that could change everything for someone.

Tell me about it.... I was 3 points away from winning that event!!!! AND I had Santiago by submission (5 or 7 points would have been pretty nice for me - possibly winning the event!) Of course, I don't know if the 4 guys ahead of me had Santiago as well, but if they didn't, I would have won.

I'm happy with how I did though...
strongmma
1/5/09 7:17:39PM

Posted by Svartorm

i finished 3rd this season and could've finished tied for 1st i think if the santiago win was counted. oh well.