Sengoku 5 - Results & Review

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Sengoku 5 - Results & Review
MMAcca
9/28/08 12:13:15PM
Former NCAA champ Muhammad Lawal makes a statement with upset over Travis Wiuff at Sengoku

A new mixed martial arts star may have been born Saturday night in Tokyo, Japan during World Victory Road’s Sengoku 5 at the National Yoyogi Stadium. Replacing an injured Roger Gracie against former PRIDE and UFC veteran Travis “Diesel” Wiuff on less than a week’s notice, former NCAA Division II freestyle wrestling champion Muhammad “Mo” Lawal pulled off a dramatic upset win over Wiuff following a first round TKO.

Training out of Team Quest in Temecula, Calif. on a part-time basis the past year, Lawal had been splitting his time between preparing for his MMA debut while also working out at the U.S. Olympic training center in Colorado Springs, Colo. in an attempt to qualify for the Beijing Olympics in the 84 kilogram weight class.

LINK
Porch28
9/28/08 12:17:28PM
They are going to have to fix that fight in the secondary league because they have Travis as the winner. Mods can you please look into that . You have to watch that Cyborg fight his elbow gets totally dislocated

Vid LINK
DevonFoxy
9/28/08 12:39:25PM
Some one should tell the mods they may have gotton the fight wrong on secondary league if Lawal did in fact win.

I didn't see it but it says in the secondary league that Wiuff one. This article disagrees though so idk.

I picked him for the upset
MMAcca
9/28/08 12:46:57PM

Posted by DevonFoxy

Some one should tell the mods they may have gotton the fight wrong on secondary league if Lawal did in fact win.

I didn't see it but it says in the secondary league that Wiuff one. This article disagrees though so idk.

I picked him for the upset

Lawal did win, i posted a link to the fight video in the spoilers forum
Jackelope
9/28/08 12:57:04PM

Posted by Porch28

They are going to have to fix that fight in the secondary league because they have Travis as the winner. Mods can you please look into that . You have to watch that Cyborg fight his elbow gets totally dislocated

Vid LINK

Oh my God that's disturbing to watch!!

Sucks that it happened. Santos was going to destroy him. There was no comparison on the feet
bojangalz
9/28/08 1:25:37PM
Cyborg has got to be the scariest looking mofo in MMA. If the guy could get by on looks alone, he'd be undefeated.
gartface
9/28/08 1:46:23PM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by Porch28

Vid LINK

Oh my God that's disturbing to watch!!

Sucks that it happened. Santos was going to destroy him. There was no comparison on the feet

Just sucks that Bahadurzada had to celebrate like when Nate Diaz won his fight over Manny.
That elbow is disgusting though.
CantAndleDaRiddum
9/28/08 2:22:49PM
sasaki & schultz were nly fights i missed.... but they aboslutely killed me , both points & wagering
i may never pick schultz again
xtra_chewy
9/28/08 3:12:08PM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

sasaki & schultz were nly fights i missed.... but they aboslutely killed me , both points & wagering
i may never pick schultz again

Word. Every time I pick Schultz I lose, just like Chuck Liddell.

My score will change a little bit when the mods change the Wiuff/Lawal fight.

Here comes King Mo everyone.....
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
9/28/08 5:55:21PM
glad I'm not the only one that got screwed on Mo Lawals fight, I picked him and put a shitload of money down and yeah Travis got KOed, wtf, has this happened before and do they care, does it get fixed???
cmill21
9/28/08 6:07:13PM

Posted by Jesse_Canadian_MMA

glad I'm not the only one that got screwed on Mo Lawals fight, I picked him and put a shitload of money down and yeah Travis got KOed, wtf, has this happened before and do they care, does it get fixed???

I hope so I put $450 on king Mo, and picked him to win lol.
Svartorm
9/28/08 11:07:21PM
I put $8 on Mo.........shut up, I'm broke.

It'll be fixed tomorrow.