Semmy Schilt Focused on K-1, Wouldn't Rule Out UFC Return

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Semmy Schilt Focused on K-1, Wouldn't Rule Out UFC Return
jae_1833
7/21/10 12:34:17AM
link
"I consider myself a fighter, and the rules decide what kind of fight it will be," Schilt said of distinguishing kickboxing from MMA. "There is a chance I will fight again in the UFC. There is always a chance."

Schilt attended UFC 93 in 2009 and met with UFC President Dana White, and he said that while that meeting didn't result in a job offer, he was impressed by how far the sport had come in the eight years since he participated, especially in the striking department.
ncordless
7/21/10 2:02:40AM
I would watch Schilt v. Toney. I think it would be a lesson in what is wrong with a boxing stance in combat.

Schilt's mma career was checkered at best, but he did fight some of the best fighters of his day. His length will always give people problems and he is always a threat from the bottom because he can triangle you from the other side of the cage.

I think we would more likely see him in Dream where he will still be with FEG and he can avoid cutting to 265.
BlueSkiesBurn
7/21/10 3:51:21AM
I'd be down to see Struve vs. Schilt. Good lord, that would be hilarious. Or Barry vs. Schilt.
Pookie
7/21/10 4:15:50AM
Doesnt he weigh-in at 300+ every fight?
Chael_Sonnen
7/22/10 12:54:54AM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

I'd be down to see Struve vs. Schilt. Good lord, that would be hilarious. Or Barry vs. Schilt.

Duffee vs Schilt wouldn't be too shabby either.