After seeing frank last night, how do you think he'll do against baroni?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » After seeing frank last night, how do you think he'll do against baroni?
Great-Ajax
2/11/07 2:03:58PM
I think baroni will get a KO
Stickan
2/11/07 5:16:26PM
Baroni by KO.
I thought that before I saw his fight vs Renzo.
waylon_o
2/11/07 5:23:21PM
when are they fighting?
jocksmall
2/11/07 5:43:39PM
phil seems to be the safe pick here as long as he is in the form he had in his last couple of pride fights
Unkoman
2/11/07 9:25:41PM
Baroni is going to kill him. Baroni's last showing at the real deal was impressive and Frank's last showing was pathetic.
Snacks
2/11/07 10:08:25PM
I'll be willing to take Jason DeLucia over Shamrock.
hippysmacker
2/12/07 5:53:54AM
I hope Baroni Ko's him, but it really depends on 2 things to me.

1.Baroni's cardio. If he's still training with hammerhouse for this fight, he's only got a puncher's chance IMO.
2. Frank's gameplan. If he takes him down it probably won't go past the first( maybe the 2nd if he's in shape) . If he stands with him for 3 rounds and Baroni is in hammerhouse shape. I think Baroni will punch himself out and get KOed in round 2. Frank has an above average chin IMO and is always in shape.

While I hope Baroni pummel's him, I have to say I don't think it likely. Too many things would have to fall into place for a Baroni win. So , puncher's chance only.
madmarck
2/12/07 10:27:10AM

Posted by hippysmacker

I hope Baroni Ko's him, but it really depends on 2 things to me.

1.Baroni's cardio. If he's still training with hammerhouse for this fight, he's only got a puncher's chance IMO.
2. Frank's gameplan. If he takes him down it probably won't go past the first( maybe the 2nd if he's in shape) . If he stands with him for 3 rounds and Baroni is in hammerhouse shape. I think Baroni will punch himself out and get KOed in round 2. Frank has an above average chin IMO and is always in shape.

While I hope Baroni pummel's him, I have to say I don't think it likely. Too many things would have to fall into place for a Baroni win. So , puncher's chance only.

If he is still trainign with Hammer House he will take Frank down and GNP him. I can see Baroni winning this by TKO due to strikes on the ground in the 2nd round. If Frank Shamrock can get taken down by a small Renzo at 180, he is gotta get the shit slammed out of him by Baroni at a big 185. I think Frank Shamrocks only chance of winning this fight is by sub. Baroni is gonna rule the stand up and if it goes to the ground Baroni will be on top.
Dadaman
2/14/07 11:37:31PM
From what I have heard and read Baroni is at a new place in his life right now. In a recent article he told FightSport magazine that he sort of regretted not starting out with a good team like MFS or Team Quest.

That being said Baroni will dismantle Frank.
Lay_N_Pray
2/14/07 11:43:18PM
I used to like Frank, now I dont. I hate both of these fighters and I honestly dont care who wins the fight. Neither one of them really care about the sport, they care about getting famous and cashing checks, so they can continue to live in their world where they are the best fighters, but this fight is very uninteresting to me.

Baroni by KO
hippysmacker
2/14/07 11:59:17PM
I heard Baroni on the Beatdown radio today say he's down to a pack of smokes a day, and weigh's 220 lbs. It's Baroni so it's possible he's full of it, but that really makes me think if he doesn't KO Frank in the first he loses.
jocksmall
2/18/07 3:33:08PM
frank gets too much credit especially from himself. baroni wins this fight