secrets of your job

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » secrets of your job
jdubs
12/23/07 11:06:20PM
i saw this on sherdog and it was a great forum of discussion..... basically tell something about your job that the average joe does not know, or wishes he did not know haha (ex: food services) im a unempoyed student playing a sport so i got nuthin....
jdubs
12/23/07 11:19:08PM
yall a bunch of unemployed mma fans i guess.........

anyways here is one someone posted.... they worked at wendys and they would make the chili from left over meat from the previous day..... i aint never touchin that stuff again!
ohiostate1016
12/23/07 11:19:29PM
Well, I'm also a student, but I am employed. I work part-time as a manager at Arby's. I guess that what most people don't know is that the roast beef usually sits on the slicer for hours at a time. It's supposed to only be on there for no longer than 30 minutes, but that's not really realistic, especially if we aren't busy. That's not as bad as what I'm sure some of you have, but it keeps me from eating roast beef...
ohiostate1016
12/23/07 11:20:41PM

Posted by jdubs

they worked at wendys and they would make the chili from left over meat from the previous day

That's probably the safest meat out there. It's cooked twice.
TimW001
12/23/07 11:46:16PM
I work at a ticket booth. We listen to hardcore rap music and hate everything.
ohiostate1016
12/24/07 1:45:47AM

Posted by TimW001

I work at a ticket booth. We listen to hardcore rap music and hate everything.

LOL...figures.
Manfred
12/24/07 2:16:10AM
I'm an engineer for a defense contractor. The sh*t I know about gov't fraud, waste and abuse....
Mastodon2
12/24/07 4:55:46AM
EDIT: stuff like this can get you in trouble eh, make sure there are no paper trails to your identity lads
hippysmacker
12/24/07 5:38:45AM
I'm on the DL right now, but heres some things I can tell anyone from working in health clubs for a long time. If you have a steam room or jacuzzi at your health club,and even if it's a really regularly cleaned one, you will be sitting in or on a lot of sweated off dead skin ( unless you are the first and only one to use them after a cleaning. Also, only 20% of members ,of 3 + years or more , use the club more than 45 days a year. Add in most people don't wipe off the equipment with a towel, even if they remembered to bring it, and even a club wiped down 4 times a day is rife with bacteria. Even with all that, the dirtiest thing in a health club is the aerobic room floor. If you take any kind of class in there and are on the floor without your own personal mat, it's disgusting. I actually made my cleaning staff at the last club I managed steam clean the carpet weekly. Well worth the investment in our own machine IMO .The long time night cleaning guy responded with " are you crazy we only do it once year right before January" , which is the busiest month for clubs because ofnew years resolutions. Last but not least, as a personal trainer, I can honestly say 80 % of people who lift weights do it wrong. Some people are so out of hand, I am afraid they will injure themselves at the moment, and I try to give them tips. About a 3rd are grateful and then want as much free advice as they can get, and 2/3 tell me they know what their doing even if they have a Will Ferrel physique.
emfleek
12/24/07 8:54:03AM
I'm on the phone (on hold, mostly) for about 6 hours (out of 9) per day. If I talked to you, there's a 99% chance that I cursed you like a sailor when I hung up the phone. Why? Because I hate you (the general public). Nothing personal.
jdubs
12/24/07 10:02:42AM

Posted by hippysmacker

I'm on the DL right now, but heres some things I can tell anyone from working in health clubs for a long time. If you have a steam room or jacuzzi at your health club,and even if it's a really regularly cleaned one, you will be sitting in or on a lot of sweated off dead skin ( unless you are the first and only one to use them after a cleaning. Also, only 20% of members ,of 3 + years or more , use the club more than 45 days a year. Add in most people don't wipe off the equipment with a towel, even if they remembered to bring it, and even a club wiped down 4 times a day is rife with bacteria. Even with all that, the dirtiest thing in a health club is the aerobic room floor. If you take any kind of class in there and are on the floor without your own personal mat, it's disgusting. I actually made my cleaning staff at the last club I managed steam clean the carpet weekly. Well worth the investment in our own machine IMO .The long time night cleaning guy responded with " are you crazy we only do it once year right before January" , which is the busiest month for clubs because ofnew years resolutions. Last but not least, as a personal trainer, I can honestly say 80 % of people who lift weights do it wrong. Some people are so out of hand, I am afraid they will injure themselves at the moment, and I try to give them tips. About a 3rd are grateful and then want as much free advice as they can get, and 2/3 tell me they know what their doing even if they have a Will Ferrel physique.

last year durring my track season i was always pulling stuff and i use to sit in the sauna like 3x a week and i got horrible ring worm that went from my ankle to my knee on the outside of my leg.... u are right about them being unclean, and my gym just lost their cleaning person so right now there is no one cleaning for time being
hippysmacker
12/24/07 4:13:36PM

Posted by jdubs

Posted by hippysmacker

last year durring my track season i was always pulling stuff and i use to sit in the sauna like 3x a week and i got horrible ring worm that went from my ankle to my knee on the outside of my leg.... u are right about them being unclean, and my gym just lost their cleaning person so right now there is no one cleaning for time being

That sucks dudĀ“. I had the locker rooms, steam room and jacuzzzi cleaned at 4am( before morning rush) 10am( before lunch rush) and 3pm ( before Primetime) and I still wouldn't go in the steam room or jacuzzi personally.
Djbb
12/24/07 4:17:31PM
99.9% of the things people pay me to program, you can learn how to program yourself with like 2 months of studying.

"Hey can you write me a program that goes to websites and saves all the pictures off that website to my hard drive?"

^lol read Programming for Dummies
cowcatcher
12/24/07 6:35:35PM
about 15 years ago when i was in HS i worked at KFC and if chicken hit the floor we just yelled "BBQ it", dirty business the fast food industry.
nowadays i mostly work at home(im vp of sales/marketing for a physician outsourcer), rarely do i go into the office, so ill be talking to clients and they probably assume im in a suit and tie in my office when in reality im in boxers and a wifebeater scratching myself whilst watching the price is right.
hippysmacker
12/25/07 3:48:54AM

Posted by cowcatcher

about 15 years ago when i was in HS i worked at KFC and if chicken hit the floor we just yelled "BBQ it", dirty business the fast food industry.
nowadays i mostly work at home(im vp of sales/marketing for a physician outsourcer), rarely do i go into the office, so ill be talking to clients and they probably assume im in a suit and tie in my office when in reality im in boxers and a wifebeater scratching myself whilst watching the price is right.

I did the same thing when i was setting sales appointment from home for the logistics company I used to work for.
jgordon85
12/25/07 9:04:25PM
when went to high school i worked at at grocery store. you really need to check the experation date of your milk, bread, and check your eggs. more than half the time the trucks would come late and eggs would break in the cartons on the way. also it is better to just bag your stuff. the baggers do not care about your food. oh yeah by the way most stop and shop that sell electronics do not have a security system for them.
Svartorm
12/26/07 12:03:13AM
Do you hate a store that sells lottery tickets? Heres what you do:

Go in and ask the clerk for a ticket with 20 plays and 20 draws. Make sure you're holding a $20 bill when you say this. While it sounds like it'll be a $20 lottery ticket, it will actually print out 4 $100 lottery tickets that are non-refundable. Exclaim that you don't have $400 and leave. You just cost that store $400!
Djbb
12/26/07 9:19:04AM

Posted by Svartorm

Do you hate a store that sells lottery tickets? Heres what you do:

Go in and ask the clerk for a ticket with 20 plays and 20 draws. Make sure you're holding a $20 bill when you say this. While it sounds like it'll be a $20 lottery ticket, it will actually print out 4 $100 lottery tickets that are non-refundable. Exclaim that you don't have $400 and leave. You just cost that store $400!

Dude thats the greatest thing I ever heard. Gas stations of Middletown, beware the new found wrath of Djbb.