The Secret's Out: Fedor's the Best MMA Has

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » The Secret's Out: Fedor's the Best MMA Has
zephead
7/20/08 6:08:07PM
ANAHEIM, Calif. - Going into Saturday's Affliction fight card — billed with characteristic modesty as "the greatest MMA show of All-time" — Fedor Emelianenko was cast as The Russian. There had been reams of copy citing "Rocky" villain Ivan Drago as his spiritual ancestor.

Link
lordicast
7/20/08 6:52:33PM
I love Fedor but, now its crazy he is never going to lose! and he is going to be like the patriots. More money, More problems, More haters.

Viva la Fedor
RMFG_187
7/20/08 7:01:22PM
never really had Fedor in my Favorites, but I have been saying for years, that he is P4P best in the world. A Silva doesn't even come close. Silva is #2, but Still isn't half the fighter Fedor is.
FrankTheTank1181
7/20/08 7:09:05PM
Not really a secret...
Twenty20Dollars
7/20/08 7:25:31PM
that's a very bold statement to say fedor is never going to lose. I mean he does have a loss but i still think he will get beaten at some point. It is MMA after all.
KYGUY07
7/20/08 7:45:35PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

that's a very bold statement to say fedor is never going to lose. I mean he does have a loss but i still think he will get beaten at some point. It is MMA after all.

, dont see him never losing again. give brock lesnar some time and he could beat fedor
bojangalz
7/20/08 7:56:37PM

dont see him never losing again. give brock lesnar some time and he could beat fedor

What planet are you from?!

Brock is probably one of the most physically gifted HW's out there. But physical gifts don't amount to anything. He's less then a year younger than Fedor, and his body has just as much (if not more) hard mileage on it. Fedor's is years and years of advanced cage/ring time ahead of Lesnar at this point.

By the time Lesnar has gained enough experience to even sniff a bout with Fedor he will be a fourty-five year old, arthritic brickhouse. Rediculous.
lordicast
7/20/08 8:05:02PM

Posted by bojangalz

dont see him never losing again. give brock lesnar some time and he could beat fedor

What planet are you from?!

Brock is probably one of the most physically gifted HW's out there. But physical gifts don't amount to anything. He's less then a year younger than Fedor, and his body has just as much (if not more) hard mileage on it. Fedor's is years and years of advanced cage/ring time ahead of Lesnar at this point.

By the time Lesnar has gained enough experience to even sniff a bout with Fedor he will be a fourty-five year old, arthritic brickhouse. Rediculous.

FACEEEEEEE
jocka
7/20/08 8:05:58PM
I ve watched a alot of Fedor's fight before yesterday but i honeslty though he would have a lot more difficulty against Silvia. Man i have to say he is the man shit i was impressed yesterday i hope is 2 next fights are arlosky and barnett . shit the fight last night was awsome. Silvia saying that he never got hit that hard before lol now that was funny lol
Cdellorso
7/20/08 8:21:38PM
I agree- Fedor was saying something that sometimes he takes it easy on his oppenents cause he feel sorry for them- then if they hit him or fight to hard he just takes them out- he said it in a way that id not sound cocky...

he just swarmed tim- he must have had ZERO respect for time striking...

in awe....
FrankTheTank1181
7/20/08 8:24:45PM
Hong Man Choi gave Fedor more trouble than Timmah, that's what amazed me. Granted Fedor didn't give Timmah time to do anything, but get served
mrsmiley
7/20/08 9:01:55PM

Posted by jocka

I ve watched a alot of Fedor's fight before yesterday but i honeslty though he would have a lot more difficulty against Silvia. Man i have to say he is the man shit i was impressed yesterday i hope is 2 next fights are arlosky and barnett . shit the fight last night was awsome. Silvia saying that he never got hit that hard before lol now that was funny lol

\

Man if Fedor takes out Barnett and AA that's going to be something amazing.I still can't get over how easily he dispatched Tim.
Porch28
7/20/08 9:21:21PM
Im convinced now Fedor will destroy Randy
cmill21
7/20/08 9:36:33PM

Posted by Porch28

Im convinced now Fedor will destroy Randy

I think that would be a good fight, but I think a guy like AA or Barney would give him more trouble. AA's sambo and striking are both great, but Fedor would probably drop him eventually with his speed and power, and Barney is very strong and good all around so I think those are two guys that could definetly give Fedor a tough tough fight.
Manak
7/20/08 9:39:15PM
moral of the story dont talk shit bout fedor so he wont make u look like a complete noob, n i dont see him losin cause i think he is smart enough to retire before age gets to him if in fact he does age
CCPRIDE99
7/20/08 9:51:43PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

thats just cockiness and arrogance
he needs to grow up and quit acting like he is god because hes not
and idc who you are NOBODY is unbeatable
Porch28
7/20/08 9:57:28PM
I honestly think Barnett and Arlovski should fight to see who fights Fedor
jae_1833
7/20/08 9:58:47PM
I see Fedor beating these opponents in this order.
1. Randy
2. Barnett
3. Andrei
Then all that is left to do is retire.
GrandMaster313
7/20/08 9:59:45PM

Posted by lordicast

I love Fedor but, now its crazy he is never going to lose! and he is going to be like the patriots. More money, More problems, More haters.

Viva la Fedor

Patriots Lose to anyone named MANNING so I guess MMA has to come up with the next Payton and Eli to fight FEDOR!!
The_hungry_lumberjack
7/20/08 10:57:13PM
The entire US army VS Fedor

Fedor by Armbar, and don't ask how!
jlock003
7/21/08 12:22:04AM
I think fedor is one of the best fighters in the world, and last night was an awsome performance....but to through him in front of anderson silva right now in the p4p race I'm not sure is fair. I mean don't get me wrong Tim silvia is a top notch competitor, but Fedor has fought nobody's over and over again and then thrown in a great fighter every now and then. Silva fights top 5 guys every fight, and last night wen't up in weight 20 pounds and hit one of the hardest hitters in the game so hard that the guy said he wasn't sure what hit him. Again Fedor is a great fighter, but I'm gonna continue to keep silva in the number 1 spot. If i'm wrong it wouldn't be the first time LOL.
bigbubbano23
7/21/08 12:57:52AM
anderson silva is the best in the world not fedor.
EliasG
7/21/08 1:07:16AM
This gets the big "huh?" from me. He hasn't fought nobodies over and over. Unless of course you just started watching MMA and think this is his second fight. Then yeah your right. He's fought a who's who of anyone great in MMA. I don't know if you are aware but that big bad dude that is UFC Heavyweight champ? He whooped him twice...very badly. He's beaten EVERYONE he ever faced. His one loss was on a cut and when he came back he absolutely mercked him.

Let's make a list of the nobodies he's beaten and I'll put a couple of them in no particular order:
Tim Sylvia
Matt Lindland
Mark Colemen
Mark Hunt
Cro cop
UFC heavyweight champ Nog-2 times
Kevin Randleman
Heath Herring
Semmy Schlitt
Babalu

Those guys are nobodies right?

Let's look at Silva.

He's lost 4 times.
He's beaten in no particular order:
James Irvin (yawn unranked not in his weight class)
Dan Henderson
Travis Lutter
Rich Franklin
Nate Marquedt
Jeremy Horn
Chris Leben
Sakurai

He's lost to:
Chonan
Okami
Takase
Luiz Azeredo

Silva is on a 8 fight winning streak. It's amazing.

Fedor is on a 25 fight win streak. If eight is amazing what's 25? Insane?

Silva is great. Fedor is magnificent. P4P best. I rest my case.
jakeiceman
7/21/08 1:26:46AM

Posted by EliasG

This gets the big "huh?" from me. He hasn't fought nobodies over and over. Unless of course you just started watching MMA and think this is his second fight. Then yeah your right. He's fought a who's who of anyone great in MMA. I don't know if you are aware but that big bad dude that is UFC Heavyweight champ? He whooped him twice...very badly. He's beaten EVERYONE he ever faced. His one loss was on a cut and when he came back he absolutely mercked him.

Let's make a list of the nobodies he's beaten and I'll put a couple of them in no particular order:
Tim Sylvia
Matt Lindland
Mark Colemen
Mark Hunt
Cro cop
UFC heavyweight champ Nog-2 times
Kevin Randleman
Heath Herring
Semmy Schlitt
Babalu

Those guys are nobodies right?

Let's look at Silva.

He's lost 4 times.
He's beaten in no particular order:
James Irvin (yawn unranked not in his weight class)
Dan Henderson
Travis Lutter
Rich Franklin
Nate Marquedt
Jeremy Horn
Chris Leben
Sakurai

He's lost to:
Chonan
Okami
Takase
Luiz Azeredo

Silva is on a 8 fight winning streak. It's amazing.

Fedor is on a 25 fight win streak. If eight is amazing what's 25? Insane?

Silva is great. Fedor is magnificent. P4P best. I rest my case.

Here is the only hole in your case......the majority of the names (other than Sylvia) you put in Fedors win column was up to and over 3 years ago! People cant keep bringing up this guys past when considering his spot in the p4p rankings. The rankings are more about relevancy, Anderson Silva may have 4 losses on his record but he has been absolutely scary and has done it all in the present....NOT IN THE PAST. Fedor is amazing, I'm not hating on him but he does not deserve to be considered the best p4p right now. Another reason why Silva deserves the spot is because he will fight anyone, at anytime he already proved that by moving up in weight, unlike Fedor who gets treated like god by everyone and fights once every two years Fedor very well could be the p4p best again soon but he has to earn it for hell sakes.
tomp6581
7/21/08 6:15:44AM
Fedor at 230lbs just defeated a top 10 HW who weighs 50lbs more than him.

Anderson Silva at (day to day) 210lbs just defeated a top 20 LHW who weighs 10 to 15lbs more than him.

Why is Anderson SIlvas win impressive. He fought a no mark at LHW.....also, this is not the first time Silva has fought at this weight, he was a 205lbs fighter in pride.

I dont want to take any thing away from Anderson, his ko was amazing but I just feel this was an easy fight for him. Did anyone really expect him to lose?
EliasG
7/21/08 11:14:56AM
There isn't a hole in my argument. He hasn't lost. In his last 2 fights he hasn't lost. In his last 25 fights he hasn't lost. In the past 6 years, he hasn't lost.

Here's the hole in your argument==it's based solely on how many fights he's fought lately. So, I'm just curious, how many more fights will he need this year to become P4P. He's planning on fighting three. Will that do it? Is it 5 fights? 2 fights? How many fights do you have to have, because Silva HAS been more active the past couple of years, so Fedor can never really catch up with that number so we CAn"T play a numbers game. I just want to see how many fights it takes for you to accept the inevitable.

Here's a number 25.
You get it? He hasn't lost in 25 fights. This year, he's fought twice and once against a top ranked guy. If a guy is "the BEST" and NO ONE can beat him, it doesn't matter if he fights 7 days a week and on Sunday or if he fights once a year like a big name boxer. He's still the best because HE HASN'T LOST. Wh would he have to fight to prove it? He's fought everyone! The only guys that I'd like to see at this point are Randy C, AA, and Josh Barnett. There is no one left who I could even point to as close to his class. Then he can go to LHW and wreck shop on anyone left. (Cuz most of those guys walk around at 225-230 anyway).

He just fought a top 5 heavyweight and absolutely mercked him. That proves that what we "KNE W" about Fedor's dominance from all of his history proves true now. Here's the thing, Fedor could go to 205 and he'd rip Silva's head off and punt it out of the octagon. Not even close. But he's a heavyweight and he'll beat guys that weigh 50-100 pounds more than him. (See Mark Hunt fight). He's beaten MORE impressive strikers, and better grapplers than Silva has fought. It's cool that you like Silva and all, and you have actually "seen" Silva in his last few fights. I get that that influences you. But I've seen both of their fights all the way back in to Pride too and I have to be honest, Silva wasn't THIS impressive until he got to the UFC and put all of his skills together. He is in his prime. Great. Fedor never had to "put anything together." He's been unstoppable since Day one. Doesn't matter who he fights. He wins. that makes him P4P superiour to anyone.

P4P arguments are fun but they are kind of silly since the fighters themselves don't care much. In boxing I give it to Manny P.

EliasG
7/21/08 11:20:12AM

Posted by tomp6581

Fedor at 230lbs just defeated a top 10 HW who weighs 50lbs more than him.

Anderson Silva at (day to day) 210lbs just defeated a top 20 LHW who weighs 10 to 15lbs more than him.

Why is Anderson SIlvas win impressive. He fought a no mark at LHW.....also, this is not the first time Silva has fought at this weight, he was a 205lbs fighter in pride.

I dont want to take any thing away from Anderson, his ko was amazing but I just feel this was an easy fight for him. Did anyone really expect him to lose?

True, Fedor walks around at 230. :) He fights at 230. Anderson Silva walks around at 210-215. He weighs in at 185 and fights close to 200. All Sat. meant was that his training camp didn't include as many sauna sessions 1 day before the weigh in. ;) 10 pounds isn't so hard to lose on short notice. That's why Dana let him go to 205 instead of asking him to fight at 185.

So, if we are going to talk pound for Pound, the truth is, pound for pound Fedor is superior just based on the fact that he doesn't need to drop weight to have an advantage. He comes as he is. Done. Silva is good but I don't think he has an easy time with the top LHW on a consistent basis in that stacked division. Fedor on the other hand, COULD drop weight (look at him) and fight LHW and clean the division. He could fight them in a tournament and clean the division in one night. :)